GWK Management reviews

2,0
no growth
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prieska, Northern Cape23 March 2018
there is no growth ,job doesnt have a variety and you do not grow in this position,you need to apply to other sections of the company in order to grow.But somehow i've been equipped with forklifting and incident management in safety.And it is a five days job from 8-5 pm and sometimes on Saturdays.And its a lot of fertilizing products that i work with for all seasons.And i'm also engaging daily with the different agents of different agricultural companies..eg.Omnia and Atlas ect.
Pros
permanent
Cons
normal hours
5,0
Enjoyed every minute of it! Nice working environment and world class staff and personnel!
PA to Managing Director + Fin ditector (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Northern Cape19 April 2017
Diary management for MD and FD plus 2 other managers. Also all of directors meetings to be arranged. All traveling arrangements for above mentioned.
Schedule meetings, functions and special occasions.
Coordinate programs
Handle buying and selling of goods.
Administrator of GWK's client customer service
Office admin
3,0
Working at GWK
Area Manager Precision Farming (Current Employee) –  Douglas, NC28 February 2015
I'm currently enjoying my line of work. I enjoy working with the clients and working with the people in my team.It is very satisfying to help a farmer solve problems to make his enterprise more sustainable. Networking is an important part of our success.
The top management of GWK are really great and are trying to steer the company in the right direction. Alignment and the breaking down of silo's are very important to them.
The hardest part of my job but also an enjoyable one is to get the people I'm responsible for to add value to the farmer all the time. To let the farmer believe that our service is indeed making a difference in his day to day farming. To learn the people reporting to me "people skills" and the importance of creating and sustaining trust.
Advancement is the biggest stumbling block at GWK. Executive managers are important to GWK and are well looked after. Therefore unfortunately new executive managerial positions don't become available that often.
Pros
Region that I work in
Cons
Long hours, no over time
4,0
fun and loving it
working with customers tractors harvesters planters balers spayers etc.

Qualified at John deere , learned a lot about farming and the equipment how to maintain and repair agricultural equipment.

Management is professional and up to date with international standards.

co worker shas lots of experience and well trained

I love every thing about farming and the machinery and also the people that has to do with every day agricultural living its a good sustainable way of live
Pros
A perons gets to drive big machinery
Cons
non
4,0
Hardworking + punctual = fun (Satisfied)
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, NC3 July 2013
Being a personal assistant to the Managing Director and Financial Director of GWK, a company being 2000 people strong, I need to be highly organized with extensive office operations and organization expertise. Need to constantly recognise place for improving operations and procedures. Produce error–free projects, events and documents under pressure. I need to multi-task while maintaining primary focus on important assignments. Establish a reputation for exceptional customer / client service. Need to be a fast learner with proven ability to hit the ground running and deliver results. Display professionalism and high levels of integrity. Be discreet, trustworthy and professional at all times.
Key SKILLS -

▪ Project Planning
▪ Professional Presence
▪ Punctual
▪ Loyal

Pros
Stimulating
Cons
N/a