Gym Company Employee Reviews

1,0
Iwill be happy if ican be seen on doing my job
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 September 2019
I'm hard worker ,I would love for my employees to appreciate my work because iknow wht I'm doing and I love wht I'm doing only appreciate when you see me doing good job high active on doing my job
3,0
Is a good work place were you will be learning how to communicate with people and how to manage a situation.
Sales Consultant team leader (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng13 August 2019
Gym company is a good place to be since one will get the opportunity to work with different people and know how to manage the situation. But it really need commitment since you won't be having time for private life.
3,0
Productive workplace which can teach an individual the value of growth
SENIOR ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Doornfontein, Gauteng25 July 2019
Working in this company has made me become more practical and more positive in working hard towards achieving my goals in growth and bettering my skills.
Productive but not fun.
DA (Accounts departments) (Former Employee) –  Brachenhurst,Gauteng15 July 2019
Management doesn't care about employees and their safety. They don't value their employees opinions and wellbeing. Most there is not much of good employer and employee's work relationship.
Pros
Non
Cons
Very long hours and unpaid overtime anf holidays including weekends.
4,0
productive and fun place to work at
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng9 July 2019
great place to work at. it pays per day for students. 2hrs for R70 . to do promotions of phamplet, and advertising the promotion. and gym for free in the evening.
Pros
free lunches
4,0
Great place to work for.
Gym Assistance (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Winchester Hills, Gauteng24 June 2019
I was volunteer

I learned more about what need to happened in order for the Business to run.

I was assisting with admintration work.And client services where the need assistance.
The most enjoyable is when i was a personal trainer for different clients.
Cons
Yes i used to work log hours
Gives you experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng2 May 2019
It gives you a lot of experience working with roughly a thousand people a day convincing them to join the gym at whatever cost. This is all because it's a commission based Job and there's no basic salary
Pros
Free lunchs
Working environment
FITNESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Gauteng23 December 2018
I would conduct fitness classes, handle complains by providing resoulutions. Working here has been good as I have been given platform to experiment most of my ideas to benefit the company. we had a very good professional relationship with my manager as we discussed things with an aim of improving our member services.
Pros
Free access to training facilities
Cons
i worked 12 hours Monday to Thursday, 9 hours on a Friday with just one day off a week
Good work experince
ADMIN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 December 2018
A typical day at work would be just too much work load, anything you given you must do.

I have learnt how to work with people not having the fear anymore and how the fitness industry works.

Management is okay feel like they lack management skills, things would not be looked from a management perspective but personal way.

Hardest part is trying to help every department all alone.

Most enjoyable part of the company is that we get to gym.
3,0
Production was very good as well growing the brand
Club General Manager (Current Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng8 November 2018
I've learnt to work with different people from different departments and manage many departments and make sure that I train them to be competent on they are doing.I was pro active to minimize the risks and making sure that every departments perform very well. I was creating a culture of respect and support each other so that every body will grow and enjoy to be at work.Most hardest part was absenteeism after pay day therefore we used to start with a slow pace. The enjoyable moments when we rewarded with price and become top one in the region
Pros
go out with my team
Cons
12 hours
4,0
Productive and exciting to meet new people on a daily base
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 October 2018
Firstly in the morning we would have a meeting to discuss the success and good deals of the day before.

We would than set targets for the current day.

I have learnt how to handle or speak to a different variety of people that has different personalities and how to resolve conflict with client or fellow workers.

The management was good because our manager and team leaders helped when we were struggling to close a deal.

the hardest part is when there aren't people walking around in the center.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had free time if our lunch break was over to go gym.
3,0
Action field workplace , time is money there.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Rand Mall branch8 October 2018
Hi

My typical day at work would be to log in my presence. Look at my previous sales if they have been captured correctly. collect my promotional material and go downstairs to start my work talking to potential clients, giving them advice on products available and specials if any and what is on offer.
I learnt that customer service is all about attitude and personal presentation of oneself, approach and friendliness which is then reciprocated Management at times seem harsh but its because in a business one should push and be out there to get up the ladder and make money for a business to stay afloat.Work culture is dynamic it changes based on the influential people in it.
The hardest part of the job is to convince people who are not keen on buying to buy but it also toughens you to think fast on ways to capture a sale.
Getting a definite sale and a smiling customer who is convinced that you gave him/her good advice.in other words customer satisfaction because it also means a benefit for you.
Pros
commision
Cons
wrongly captured success sales by admin equals a loss
2,0
it was a workable company
SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 October 2018
I have learnt that people are different,there are different kinds of management styles.The job was not easy when it came to attracting clients to join the gym,some people will listen to what you want to say but they don't wanna pay.I enjoyed my job when i was allowed to gym for free.Some days were awesome at work but some were hard and boring.The management team was also fair and good to work with.The workplace was specially good with gym exercising and fitness,also in massage.
Pros
lunch came once a day but not for free
Cons
I worked long hours from 08H00 a.m to 08H00 p.m
enjoying working with people
Fitness instract (Former Employee) –  Randbury4 June 2018
the most important things to work with people and provide them with what they need .to show them on how to maintain there body and eat health food all the time
Pros
good working hours
Cons
normal hours
1,0
looking for new feilds of employment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 February 2018
* overtime with no pay
*computer,capturing,docking,huxing
*good management
*my hardest part of job it when it month end where people need assist at pick time
*i enjoy gaining experience in things i didn't know
Pros
bring your own food
Cons
overtime with no pay
3,0
Mediocre, but make the most of it yourself. Get to communicate with and know the people
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng14 January 2018
Needs to be more open to new ideas. Management is stubborn and not willing to listen to staff. No staff room. No fridge, same music day inday out. No sense of family in the workplace.
Pros
Train for free
Cons
Insufficient pay
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 January 2018
No fixed salary
Only commission
This company provides free gyming if you are a staff member but you do not get paid the first few months only after.
Therefore I couldn't stay.
1,0
Was nice at the gym for meeting lots of people
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ranburg sguar18 October 2017
Gym company is nice place an I like to be the because of salary I leave because of it was not enough to me I pay transport for that money am buying food an paying rant so I was working for experene an I work for 6 month
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
6 to 2
Productive work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bromhof, Gauteng20 September 2017
Was a great workimg experience, taught great team values but did not reward consistant above par work. There was no room for growth, therefore stagnent employment
Pros
Long lunches
4,0
fun work place meeting new people every day
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  soweto next to chris hani hospital21 June 2017
Since been with the company its been exciting and the reason for leaving is to change a career and the staff where loving and caring people and its a healthy place to be
Pros
meeting new clients everyday and learning how to handle any sityation that comes across
Cons
commission only no basic salary