HP Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 11 906 reviews
Great products, very innovative
Summer Internship -Dalani Marketing (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South Africa6 October 2017
I did not work for HP but for an events agency that served HP.

This was a 3 month internship. We executed various events and launched 2 new products whilst I was there:
A3
Sprocket

I enjoyed putting the launches together and being there on the day. HP products are innovative, good quality and very much in tune with what business and consumers are looking for.
4,0
overall
Network administrator (Former Employee) –  johannesburg16 February 2016
Decent company to work for ,good management at lower levels

but in the end typical US company where profit and upper management rule the roost
2,0
Productive workplace.
Applications Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP16 July 2015
HP has given me the opportunity educating myself. Working in a team environment, assisted me in excelling. I had the privilege to work with responsible individuals who work well in a team setup.

I've learned a lot working at HP, encouraging me to further my education.

I've achieved my PMI certification.
Pros
Stable work environment
Cons
Salaries have stagnated and we didn't keep up with the industry
3,0
Stict rules and hight level of profesionlism
Senior Unix Admin (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 September 2013
As coming from other type of company took me quite time to understand the thinking through of the HP in RSA.
Learned to have other thinking clear.
The way I used to work in previous company is not valued in the new company. We use to strive to satisfy clients, now we just need to do what we are contracted for. We lost connection to clients and lost all one by one. As group we did not got any new client.
I enjoy connectivity (company 3G card, petrol card, car allowances) finally the salary was quite good. Hardest part of the job was to understand my position to make HP better and more competitatve
Pros
close to my home
Cons
far from my abilites to serve a client
Challenging Environment
SAP ABAP Workflow Webdynpro Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP1 June 2013
* A days with the Client meetings gathering the requirements, and perform the GAP Analysis.
* I learnt team managing skills, development strategies, Deliver defect free solutions.
* A very happy place to work with.. we work together as family.
* When i was asked to work on SAP Supplier Network collaboration
( A new dimensional product of SAP )
* Love the way we deliver the requirements.
Productive and very Fun
Sales and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg2 October 2012
Going out attend events
Meet Clients
Market latest Laptops
Pros
free lunches
Cons
8 hours
Productive, Fun, Learning Enviroment and Career Development
Desktop/System Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg22 May 2012
My day today duties includes and not limited to End User Support and Trainer, Systems Support, Software & Hardware Support, Applications Support, Remote Support, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones (ex. Blackberry’s, iPhone’s, Android’s), Network Administration, Remote Support, Network Management,Maintanance and troubleshooting, Field Support, Computers and Network Installations, Server Monitoring, Reporter and Administrator. I have learned so many things since getting into the field. I work well with people and I always learn from them so to enhence my skills. I haven't met the hardest part of my job yet, as i always attack it with I can do attitute. I enjoy everything about my job since I have a flair for technology.
Pros
free lunches