HP Employee Reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 12 226 reviews
3,0
Stict rules and hight level of profesionlism
Senior Unix Admin (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 September 2013
As coming from other type of company took me quite time to understand the thinking through of the HP in RSA.
Learned to have other thinking clear.
The way I used to work in previous company is not valued in the new company. We use to strive to satisfy clients, now we just need to do what we are contracted for. We lost connection to clients and lost all one by one. As group we did not got any new client.
I enjoy connectivity (company 3G card, petrol card, car allowances) finally the salary was quite good. Hardest part of the job was to understand my position to make HP better and more competitatve
Pros
close to my home
Cons
far from my abilites to serve a client
The busy workplace
Trainee Technician, storeman (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GP19 June 2013
a typical day would be driving to different places as well as maintaining the storeroom.
I have learned alot about multitasking
Management didnt always realise I cant be two places at once.
Got along with co-workers.
Most enjoyable part was taking home enough money to cover my bills.
Pros
bonus was good, and overtime
Cons
long hours of driving
Challenging Environment
SAP ABAP Workflow Webdynpro Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP1 June 2013
* A days with the Client meetings gathering the requirements, and perform the GAP Analysis.
* I learnt team managing skills, development strategies, Deliver defect free solutions.
* A very happy place to work with.. we work together as family.
* When i was asked to work on SAP Supplier Network collaboration
( A new dimensional product of SAP )
* Love the way we deliver the requirements.
5,0
A great enviroment and an example of what I am currently looking for at a company
Senior Network Engineer,(NDM)(Africa/Middle East (Former Employee) –  Based in South Africa8 May 2013
Hi there
My everyday responsibility at this role was to support an international mining client.
I was the Senior Network Engineer to maintain all sites in regions of Africa /Middle east and Asia.My daily responsibility was that of requirements stage ,design Stage ,Implementation stage and handover to GNOC .
I was technical team leader and manager all other engineers in my team like Wan acceleration engineer ,proxy engineer,Voice etc.
My specialty was that of Wireless ,Routing , Switching and my management skill set
All reporting was transparent and reported across the line from engineering to exec level.
The hardest part of job was traveling across the world all the time and also operational challenges ,where engineers in gnoc could nto solve issues and I had to step in and assist and solve the issues,besides from my responsibilities.
The most incredible part was with with great people and great engineers i worked with and ,the different culture and languages .truly an amazing experiences.
Pros
great company to work 4, worked from Home full time
Cons
Imexperienced Project managers at HP
Productive and very Fun
Sales and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg2 October 2012
Going out attend events
Meet Clients
Market latest Laptops
Pros
free lunches
Cons
8 hours
5,0
Hp offers a great platform for learning and promotion.
Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rivonia and Senderwood offices19 September 2012
HP provides flexible hours , with the ability to work from home when needed .I have learnt a lot from the company and have been able to conduct nyself in a productive professional manner on all levels.My co workers/team are all very responsible and caring , always willing to assist in line with HP`s policies and procedures.The hardest part of the job is sometimes to find solutions for highly technical queries, but then our global teams of experts are always willing and ready to assist.The most enjoyable is that we interact with people from al walks of life and on every level.
Pros
team building excursions
Cons
at times we work really long hours and have meeting as all hours of the day.
Technical consultant (Current Employee) –  Singapore15 September 2012
Great place to work, with good people all around.Only problem is too many changes at the top and structural instability.
Pros
great people and pe management is wonderful.
Cons
job security and too many changes.
Motor Manufacturing - Information Systems & Services
ITO Svc Delivery Cons lll (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth17 July 2012
Working hours 08h00 - 16h30 ( occasional work after hours )
Information Systems & Services
Excellent work together as 1 team
Excellent work together as 1 team
Projects and delays
Coming to work and loving what I do knowing the cusomer is happy
Pros
gmsa / hp currently provides a bursary, for my son doing his 1st yr of 4 yr diploma, in sports psychology
Cons
retrenchment
Productive, Fun, Learning Enviroment and Career Development
Desktop/System Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg22 May 2012
My day today duties includes and not limited to End User Support and Trainer, Systems Support, Software & Hardware Support, Applications Support, Remote Support, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones (ex. Blackberry’s, iPhone’s, Android’s), Network Administration, Remote Support, Network Management,Maintanance and troubleshooting, Field Support, Computers and Network Installations, Server Monitoring, Reporter and Administrator. I have learned so many things since getting into the field. I work well with people and I always learn from them so to enhence my skills. I haven't met the hardest part of my job yet, as i always attack it with I can do attitute. I enjoy everything about my job since I have a flair for technology.
Pros
free lunches