Henkel

Henkel Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 1 391 reviews
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng9 July 2019
Enjoyed working with them .. very professional excellent training and support
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner. Able to sell to large and small clients
Proven experience in launching new products.
Have a professional style of communication & ability to build rapport with prospective customers.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Retrenchment
4,0
Great spirit support from all fellow workers
Representative / Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 June 2019
Management very human and supportive.
All stand together as one team. Have respect for all cultures. Can not ask for a great career move for long term future
Pros
5 star conferences
Cons
Need to handle pressure
1,0
Not a great place to work.
National Sales Manager - F&B Packaging (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA9 January 2019
Poor management style. Poor work culture. Not customer focused. Ex Pats in senior positions instead of local South Africans who are capable of running the business.
Productive, High paced
Junior Controller (Current Employee) –  ZA9 November 2018
There is a flexible work life management. The job itself has a continuous development within the company. The management is supportive and want young entrants to excel. Job scope get gets widened often and experience and exposure an be gained. Month end activities are many and demand you to be focused and ready as the are many deadlines. The culture is in the progress of changing
Pros
Flexible working arrangements.
Cons
Internal
Exciting Environment
Production Planner/Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng18 September 2018
Three production plants makes environment challenging and exciting.
Encourages further studies
Succession planning is good
Hardest part is to produce without a correct forecast - but this has since then been implemented
3,0
Productive and Knowledgeable
Maintenance Controller (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Gauteng16 January 2018
Productive, skills management , on the job training
The company is driven by skills development and customer service
production operators are very helpful and strong people skills
Pros
Bursaries are available to all staff
Cons
long hrs and
work
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 November 2017
I have good communication skills, reliable, professional, well groomed, well spoken person with good customer service skills. I am computer literate, with basic admin skills and I pay attention to detail.
pros
cons
productive
Quality Controller in-service trainee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 June 2017
It is a productive company, there is a lot of experience to gain from Quality control laboratory to product development, you get exposed to many field of testings.
Pros
excellent experience
filling clerk (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Gauteng10 March 2017
most enjoyable company to work for,manegemant were free to engage with,I learned to be a team player,the hardest part was to meet dead lines and most to be on company that cares for it's staff
Pros
Reasonable prices on lunch
3,0
Boot camp
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng28 December 2016
Being able to attend meetings still see to day running of accounts. Sending reports, resolving queries dealing with angry customers and also assist CS
Pros
Reaching Targets
Cons
Not being recognized
Operated machinery
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng3 August 2016
A very good company to work for, I learned a lot from them. The supervisor was will to show me everything as I was willing to learn.
5,0
That a great place to work
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng2 August 2016
All in all I worked for this two companies just after finishing my grade twelve.from 1990 -2008 where by was acquired by Henke Said and terms,conditions and benefits remained the same of which it was fair enough. In 2013 the company decided to outsource the warehousing and retrenchment process took place in 2014.
Pros
Canteen onsite
Cons
flexible depending on the demands
4,0
good company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 July 2016
I worked at Henkel Beauty Care as a receptionist and I must say I had fun working there. The culture and values is what is I out of the whole experience.
2,0
For the past nine years i have been with this company i learned a lot eg. interacting with both internal and external client ,manage pressure
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  gauteng1 April 2016
Have a very good relationship with colleagues and some of managers. I learned a lot hence I was initially a receptionist and got promoted to a customers service clerk . Experience I got with this company is phenomenal
Good
Cons
manageable
1,0
no comment
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng8 February 2016
Because it wasn't my usual job and temp position. I was bored with the position,management very slack and unorgainised.There were no team players.The hardest part of the job was no communication and selfishness.
hardworking company
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg29 November 2015
A day at work would be busy, lots of pressure, hardworking and filled with a buzzing atmosphere. I learnt how to work effectively, time keeping and management skills. Management was good to work with. All my co-workers were very ambitious.The hardest part of the job was tracking PODs from logistic companies.Receiving merit increases for a job well done.
Pros
hanging out with co-workers, discussing social life.
Cons
long hours, large volumes of work, meetin g deadlines.
Very demanding but managable
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Alberton29 July 2015
Henkel was a good place to work. The management were fair and reasonable. This job taught me patience and everything I know about work life today. The hardest part of the work was month end due to time table and reporting to parent company. The most enjoyable was working on the SAP system seeing how everything thing fit in together.
Pros
Relax working environment
Cons
Changed from 1 company into small SBU's and then back into 1 company
2,0
Fun working environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP15 April 2015
The working environment is awesome, staff is friendly and for my bubbly character i fit in well!

I enjoy learning new things, so im always out for a new adventure and to learn. I always get my work done and within turn around time.

The hardest part of my job doesnt exist as i take one step at a time and tackle the challenge to my fullest ability, if im unsure i ask to achieve the job.

The team is fun to work with, conferences are always a pleasure as i get to see other team members in other regions and its always inspiring to hear new initiatives and being encouraged by management.
5,0
I am an ambitious somebody a goal getter and never give up positive mental attitude
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Alrode, GP17 February 2015
I was so productive by planning my day a day before, making sure that i fullfill all my appointments in time required by the customers, i have build a good business relationship with my client based
Pros
Entertaing customers and demonstrating our products to them
Cons
I enjoyed working long hours when clients have their galler dinner at exotic places
Career at Henkel
Hardware Technician (Current Employee) –  East Rand, GP13 February 2015
I'm a grateful to have the pleasure for working at Henkel. My manager is a great guy, approachable and always willing to listen. Our IT team is very small, a group of 5 guys each one responsible in his own field my responsibilities include on a daily basis I provide Helpdesk and technical support to over 250 users. this include setting up of printers, desktops, laptops and network related issues. When I joined Henkel I had limited knowledge in Technical support as I have learned software development at the university, the ability for me to adapt to this change and learn is one of my greatest achievement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Henkel. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9