Hestony Transport

Hestony Transport Employee Reviews

2,0
Good for beginners, you learn a lot. Bad for the experienced, you waste your time.
Working for Hestony Transport is no easy task. The working hours are ridiculous, the remuneration is lean, The responsibility is out weighing. You don't really considered to be a human, you're like a machine as long as you're on their payroll. It's a great company only to gain experience but for experienced drivers it's a wrong turn.The driver is tumbled upon by anyone. The information they give you when you get employed is different from the real things that happens when you're working, ie the is a big discrepancy between the salary they promise and what they actually pay, in some departments like the Live birds you only sleep when you get a chance to do so. The 4days off per month is a myth, you can go for 4 months without off. Applying for an annual leave is a huge task. Generally Hestony look down upon its employees.
Pros
Bargain council registering
Cons
Long unpaid hours, poor remuneration, poor work ethics.
Difficult place to work
Management is rude and unappreciative. Day is long and money is not enough. Work is piled up on you. And no one ever says thank you for anything. Need to have strong will to work there
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude management
Working as clerk
Hestony had poor Management the time i worked there. Don't have good manner or friendly relationship with their co-workers and personnel and was handling the staff members like junk and very unfriendly behavior against all workers.

Not a place to work for.
Great learning curve
Learned alot from the team and wish them all the best.

Management needs new leadership

Team dynamic is great and all parties involved strive to do there best and assist each other where possible.
Pros
Fantastic team culture
Cons
Long Long hours
Well run company
No off days for family time,no overtime pay , otherwise it is a great company ,great team to work with,c omfortable and well serviced fleet,long term benefits
Pros
Great team
Hestony Transport
At Hestony I made alot of friends that turned into family after my fiance's passing in 2013. But in Hestony the pressure to perform is unbearable. I felt that I'm doing the same thing everyday and there was no room for improvement. Although the environment can be stressful sometimes I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
lunch time
work form 8 to 17h00 sometimes later than 17h00.
not allowed to go out on lunch.

only one person helping drivers no one els will help.

long working hours
Pros
Cons
lunch time
productive and fun
good company with benefits for driver though responsibilities are very, very high when it comes assets with driver being monitored for negligent and behavior
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
yes long hours
productive workplace
work was nice but people that i worked with weren't that nice, I never told them cause i was there to work and not play around. you weren't allowed to know more than the appointed managers/supervisors cause then they saw you as i thread
Pros
did not have to work on week-ends and if you worked on a Saterday/Sunday you got paid extra
Cons
were supposed to act stupid so that you know your job is secure
5,0
it was fun driving at hestony
everyday is the same i drive,i deliver goods from city to city

management is good they understand delays like traffic

i have learned to be patient with the traffic e.g accidents stop and gos and how to deal with my loads.

i drive the whole night delivering express goods

when you deliver on time and get some time to rest.
Pros
food money allowance
Ok workplace
Transporting meat and feed to nearby farms.
Conflict management

Ok

Strict

No proper resting facilities when working nightshift

Working with my team of core drivers
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No proper growth plan
Terible
Not professional, poor management. Extreme hours without rumination. No benefits, basically no job security, the salary is beneath average, work overload .
Pros
Cons
long hours(245 hours without overtime)
1,0
Not a very friendly place to work at
Long Hours, Loads of stress, management unreasonable, no overtime. Unreasonable instructions impossible to keep management happy. They find fault with everything.
Pros
Cons
long hours no overtime
Good transport experience
I enjoy working in the transport industry, i learned a lot from the company. The management is very help full, every day i learn something new which grows my knowledge.
Pros
Busy enviroment
Cons
no growth
4,0
A nice place to work for,can just do with better management.
Well ok,start work at 05:00 am get all my drivers on their trucks,consults with all my customers to see if everything went as planed the previous day.Run errents,check and reply to emails.Do all my reports and make sure my fleet runs smoothly,take care of break downs ext,.....home,Hestony was my home,long hours,always there to make sure all goes well...
Attend the weekly meeting with my largest customer and learn what I can do to better my service to them.

Management at head office could have been more co-operating.

The hardest part would be to do damage control when a driver or drivers left their truck and leave because of mistakes made with their pay ext.

The most enjoyable part,must have been the full package,I totaly loved that job,everything bout it,every day was a learning curve and a challange,miss all the people.
Pros
every day something new to learn.
3,0
working long hours including public holidays and weekends without any incentives
Good experience in long distance driving,but very bad management.Sometimes you can't even attend your family crisis even funerals.
Great work no advancement
Working at Hestony is fast paced and lot of work. I enjoyed the work very much. There is however no place for advancement, people working there currently is passed over for new people. There is also no change in your salary or benefits and therefore there is no room for growth.
Pros
Cons
No Room for growth
5,0
Fun and also hard working
Best work i have worked for all my life
Great people

Bad days but we make it up with positave thinking.

Some days we get soacial time with a braai at work..

We get apriciated in so many ways because it is a hard work for night shift workers to do things people hould do in the day
Pros
3 days off in week &free koffee
Cons
night shift hours but is considorate
hestony transport
it was a higly challenging job lots of driving time from 4AM park off @ 2300very challenging the vehicles we used where very good and comfortable .advantage it had was you would travel all over see new
places

Time with family was very scarce i would clock 19 000km a month
2,0
It is a productive company however they don't treat employees well.
We are always on the road from South Africa to the nearby African countries. what i appreciate about HESTONEY at 11:00 pm they instruct all the drivers to sleep and they are paying certain truct stops for their drivers.

I enjoy working at Hestoney however the treatment given to employees is not good. It is very difficult to take leave even whem your spouse is not well.
Pros
To be allowed to sleep instead of driving the whole night.
Cons
No leave even if there is death in the family or your spouse is sick.
5,0
It is a very friendly place to work
I have no problem interacting with the staff and everyone is friendly and enjoy each others company.