Hirsch's Employee Reviews

4,0
Productive and Great meeting new people.
ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Silverl23 July 2019
Was exciting to see new faces and to work with people everyday.
Was very busy at times and worked fast under presure. Love taking pride in my work area and give my best everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The salary was not enough
Fun and motivating
Spares controller (Current Employee) –  Umgeni Dam, KwaZulu-Natal23 July 2019
My first Job, it's a wonderful company with beautiful people.
I had learnt so much and adapted to the Hirsch culture so fast.
It's different from the rest. I have learnt how to be a stronger individual. I can tackle any problem I come across.
Fun work place
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brakpan, Gauteng10 July 2019
Every day is something new and exciting. Staff members are quite friendly and some quite helpful. Every day you learn something new about the company.
Pros
Receiving a voucher for being on time everyday.
Cons
Favoritism
Growing working enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Springfield23 June 2019
if you want to grow in the field you are in and learn something new each and every day, than Hirschs is the place to be. I have been working at Hirschs for 15 years and have developed my skills both in the business and my personal life. It's a lot of hard work but in the end it all pays off.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Non
Lots of room for growth
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Brakpan23 June 2019
The part I enjoy most about my job is working closely with the suppliers and pushing myself to achieve more each day, there is plenty of room for growth and the COO works closely with all staff to ensure you give the best you can give and it amazes me how much i have learnt in such a short period of time
Pros
ever learning
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Springfield23 June 2019
Working at hirschs has been such a pleasure. There is something to new to learn each and everyday from the last 8 years of working here. The team is high motivated and everyone supports each other through the good and the bad. The products are amazing and building a customer sale person relationship is the best part of my job!
Pros
Ever learning
Cons
non
Always something to learn
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Strubens Valley23 June 2019
I started at hirschs 2 years ago and i have never looked back since! i have learnt so much and I am regarded as a person and not just a number in the company. What i love the most is the products that i sell, they are amazing! and i know that i can sell them with confidence to the customers without any problems
Pros
Good work environment
Productive fun work enviroment
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Ballito23 June 2019
A day at hirschs starts of very motivating with our morning meeting which everyone gets involved... its fun...interactive and most importantly motivating to get you going through the day... Each team member supports each other and our store manager is the greatest... there is never a dull moment here at hirschs and i enjoy every moment of it!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
cant think of any
Amazing work place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Carnival23 June 2019
I have worked at many companies in the past 8 years and no other company has thought me business skills, product knowledge and customer communication skills like Hirschs has. The COO is amazing and pushes you to your limits and teaches you to grow your skills and to be the best you can be both in business and at home!
Pros
Always growing
Cons
Non
Good Learning environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Meadowdale23 June 2019
Hirsch's has grown me to be a woman not only in the job place but also outside of the work place by helping work full time as well as doing my own side line business which is great earning multiple sources of income and applying my business skills that i have learned in both Hirsch's as well as my own business
Pros
Always motivated
Pleasant work environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Meadowdale14 June 2019
Overall Hirsch's is a fantastic place to work, but like most workplaces your enjoyment will depend on your team & manager. Some managers are outstanding & best in class, others are poor. The former will make you love your job, the latter will make you leave it. I don't think this is specific to Hirsch's, but have seen a mix in quality of managers. My own manager is world class, so I love my day to day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Productive work environment
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Ballito9 June 2019
My journey to conquer sales began in 2012, and until today I am striving to bring High high-quality brands and entertainment experience that customers can enjoy anytime, I have learnt and continue to learn everyday and there is no other company I would rather work for!
Pros
You are not a number, you are a person
Productive and motivating
Team Member (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal30 May 2019
We are encouraged to be the best at everything we do and work towards achieving our goals daily. The staff all work together and brainstorm how to better each other and the company.
Pros
Always motivating us to do great things
5,0
Exciting environment to be a part of
Personal Assistant to Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 May 2019
I started off as a brand ambassador for an agency which was not a stable job, I then joined Hirsch and now I am a personal assistant to management. I enjoy what I do and I excel in my duties. Working for Hirsch has helped me gain confidence to speak to people and has helped me achieve many of my goals.
Pros
Taught how to be successful
Cons
Nothing to be honest
productive
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2019
It is a good company to work for. Thou the hours are long.

The morning meetings everyday that motivates you and get the day going,

The hardest part is when you need to sacrifies your family time
Pros
every year you get a bonus thats good
Cons
long hours and no family time
5,0
busy with fun and happy working enviroment
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  kzn29 May 2019
A company that cares for their staff and their needs
i have worked for the company for over 30years and have progressed through many departments over the years
with lots of perks and benefits.
I love working with customers and i have happy returning customers
all the time.
Pros
great provident funds
Cons
long working hours as in retail companies
Challenging and exciting
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  KZN29 May 2019
Hi
I have been working with Hirschs for 30 years and am proud to
be a foundation of this company.
Hirschs have grown from strength to strength and I have grown with them.
I love my job meeting different kinds of people coming in on a daily basis and me giving my customers a memorable experience.
I have accomplished lots of my goals and still going strong.
Pros
Stability
5,0
Amazing, Motivating and great opportunities for growth
PA (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2019
The Hirsch culture motivates us by starting the day with an exciting, upbeat and fun team meeting. This is an amazing way to start any day.
We are encouraged to constantly grow and embrace new opportunities that come our way.

If you are prepared to work hard you are bound to succeed. Whats exciting is that yes, we do face challenges on certain days but the reward at the end of the day is seeing our customers queries resolved as we are committed to having happy, satisfied customers.

It's not just a retail environment, we have inspiring leaders who are constantly focused on uplifting the team,
Pros
Attendance bonuses
Cons
Being open 7 days a week as normal retailers. However, we are given days off during the week to balance our time between work and home.
Great place for growth
aircon specialist (Current Employee) –  Hirschs Springfield29 May 2019
one of the best places for growth where there is something new to learn each and everyday with an inspiring COO who inspires staff each and everyday!!!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Friendly staff
Motivational and Fun!
Public Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Hirsch’s Meadowdale29 May 2019
You will NEVER find another company with this much motivation! HIRSCH’s equally interested in your personal growth as much their growth, and it comes through in everything they do! They pride themselves in the growth of their employees. My colleague started as a cashier and is now a regional manager! Some has had nothing prior to hirsch’s and now have their own home and three cars! So, like I said. Your personal growth is important to them. And it’s the best feeling in the world.
Pros
Fun, great vibes, amazing team members and incredibly secure work environment
Cons
I can’t think of one