Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

Very Good
Service Planner / (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire16 January 2020
Efficiently managing cases through our Salesforce system to correctly allocate and organise the cases to the relevant resource.
• Liaising with customer via e-mail and Skype, providing exceptional customer service ensuring jobs are completed efficiently and to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Working with account managers to deal with escalations promptly adhering to policies
Diversity of Solutions
IaaS Sales for Central America and Caribbean (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL15 January 2020
Hitachi Vantara came from the aggregation of many companies from very different areas. The profile for a System Engineer and a Sales Man with individual skills is very complex. Hardware? Software,? Business Inteligent ? Cloud ?
Purely corporate office
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Riyadh14 January 2020
At First, Hitachi is a great company, but the local office in my region is small and has no fun activities at all, it purely working environment or office environment,
the local office has limited benefits in the comparison of US office but we are suffering from local government regulations of hiring only native people and that's why there are a lot of people leaving the country/Job.
5,0
Good company and cares about their employees
Learning & Performance (Former Employee) –  Remote10 January 2020
Good company and cares about their employees. Company offers good benefits and provides a good work environment. Great management team and keeps employees up to date on future plans.
26 years at same company
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester10 January 2020
Enjoyed all my time at Hitachi Vantara and previously at Hitachi Data Systems.
Worked with many marvellous people, especially the Manchester CS&S team!
5,0
productive and fun working place
Services Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad28 December 2019
excellent place to balance the work and life balance. Team is cooperative and available at any point of time for any official help.Managers are nice, humble and helping nature.
5,0
DIRECTOR, REAL ESTATE AND WORKPLACE SERVICES, EMEA (Current Employee) –  Stoke Poges21 December 2019
Just a great place with great people and culture and a can do and succeed work culture that enables the individual to succeed in their role.
I can truly say that Hitachi Vantara is a great place to work
4,0
Great benefits and people to work with
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CORPORATE FP&A (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA14 December 2019
The company is in constant transformation since 2015. Constant restructure (too many false starts). Lots of overlap in organization structure. Lots of unnecessary bureaucracy from Japanese oversight.
5,0
fun workplace friendly people to work with
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA6 December 2019
fun workplace friendly people to work with and for they look out for there employees make sure you have everything you need to do your job easy access to managers and getting help.
3,0
Can Provide to you when appropriate
SR IT Project / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA6 December 2019
Can Provide to you when appropriate, I do not like to include this type of information here in this forum. If a prospective employer would like to hear about my experience in my roll in this company we can talk further and I can provide that at that time.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Work Llife Balance
Just OK
Pre-Sales Technical Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ27 November 2019
Hitachi Vantara is essentially Hitachi Data Systems with IOT solutions added to justify the name change. Company is still treated as an ugly step child by Hitachi LTD, no product pricing advantage, very slow adaption to industry changes compared to the home market. Great environment if you're lucky enough to work with a great team. No chance of advancement if you're not one of the boys so expect to stay where you are or leave. Salary and compensation compared to the pre-sales industry is actually better then most.
3,0
Struggling to keep their head afloat
Professional Services Architect (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO11 November 2019
With no proper direction and very bad management up top they have no clue what's going on. They just want shake up the whole company for short-term profits.
2,0
Terrible management structure
Data Center Technician | Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO7 November 2019
Serious management change required.
Core values and structure missing.
Constant re-organizations putting everyone on CYA mode which makes for a terrible work environment.
No direction from management.
Good company
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA7 November 2019
Good company. Nice work. Good people. Nice work life balance. Growth opportunity. Good projects. Challenging work. Innovation and R&D work. Good management
Worked there
IT (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO5 November 2019
I still work there but everyone is getting laid off or is quitting. Was a good place to work at first, now they're shipping all the jobs overseas. No longer a good place to work.
4,0
Hitachi is an industrial giant with enormous potential
Principal Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA5 November 2019
Hitachi Vantara is an IT-oriented subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd in Japan. I heard that recently the CEO was superseded by an executive from Japan- perhaps signaling a time of change. If this new influencer from Japan can re-invigorate Hitachi Vantara- then many things are possible.
I worked from home
Services Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote- Work From home31 October 2019
My day was busy looking to assist the customer with management of their systems. Could be a very packed day. Even though they were few in number, my hardest part of the job could be the priority issues when they presented themselves.
3,0
Nice people to work with, but not very supportive from the company perspecitive. No training on their own products that I was managing,
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mebourne VIC30 October 2019
The company seems to be in a state of flux trying to adapt to the new IT landscape. Directives from the rah-rah at HQ in California is very different to what's happening on the ground in Australia
3,0
Executive Team lacks courage to make tough decisions
Vice President Professional Services Americas (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX24 October 2019
Tough times for IT vendors, need assertive leaders to drive change. Hiding behind "japanese" brand to avoid the difficult decisions that are needed. Company seems to have lost it's way.
4,0
Good team and colleagues, company consistently struggling
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 October 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Hitachi Vantara. I attribute 90% of that to the 20 person team I worked in and the Engineering department I was a part of. The employees are good people and work hard, enjoyable work environment. Unfortunately the company has struggled to compete since I joined in 2009. There have been 6 corporate-wide layoffs/reorganizations in the 10.5 years I've been with Hitachi Vantara.
Pros
remote working, employees
Cons
low pay, struggling to succeed on planned path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.

3,4