Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

Review
Specialist Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO17 April 2019
My day starts early and depending on my projects , I ready for my daily monitoring of the network performance and log into them. I then look at the previous days' tickets and review which ones need urgent attention. I also log into our daily ticket queue to ensure high priority tickets are attended to(outages and issues accessing necessary applications).
I my calendar to ensure I am ready for any conference calls scheduled for the day and for any outage calls that might arise.
I follow up on all the projects based on the set plans and at the end of the day send out the daily report.
There's flexibility but it is busy from start to end every day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Busy to a point of no breaks some days
3,0
The company is an established large corporation trying to refocus core business
Vice President Solutions Development - Pentaho (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 April 2019
Attempting to move to a more progress product offering. Current storage platform has limited growth. Having mixed results with massive management turnover.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Large corporate environment
Once a great company
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Texas3 April 2019
Hitachi was a fantastic place to work for when I started, since then things have gone down hill. There are some great benefits in terms of extra parks, only if you put time in to look for them. Management does a poor job of advertising those perks. One thing you can expect from Hitachi is a lack of appreciation via raises and promotions. You will go several years without any form of a raise. If you're okay with poor compensation and flexible hours this job might be for you. If Hitachi continues on this path they will be another "has been" in the IT industry.
Pros
Plenty of extra "perks" i.e. gym memberships
Cons
No raises or advancment
Empresa agrádavel de trabalhar
Head of Marketing and Communications for Brazil (Current Employee) –  São Paulo, SP2 April 2019
É uma empresa muito ligada a inovação tecnologica. O grupo trata-se de uma dos maiores do Japão e isso dá muita força par a empresa investir em novos projetos e tecnologias. Conhecer a história da empresa é facinante.
Pros
Ambiente Organizacional Excelente.
Cons
Poucas oportunidades de crescimento para pessoas fora da área de vendas.
Amazing Work/Life Balance
Applications Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA2 April 2019
I have zero complaints regarding their work/life balance. The salary is fair and I enjoy working on my team.

As a heads up, they rarely or do not give annual raises. So negotiate what you want up front.
Pros
work/life balance, unlimited vacation
Cons
no annual raises
4,0
Great culture and workplace attitudes.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA28 February 2019
Excellent, humble, ethical culture. Great work-life balance. Polite, professional, intelligent employees.
Very active in IoT, storage, cloud, IT and operational technology expertise.
Pros
Great work-life balance and positive, polite culture.
Cons
Huge company, easy to get lost or looked over.
Forward Thinking Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA5 February 2019
Hitachi sold me on their double bottom-line promise: We deliver data-driven innovations that benefit both business and society. There are a lot of intelligent people working here with entrepreneurial DNA.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Can't think of any right now.
4,0
Occasional team lunch meetings were engaging
Senior Backup Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 January 2019
Various execution foot soldiers and leadership team occasionally have working team lunches were very useful to gain deeper understanding of evolving organizational goals
Pros
Free lunches
Much to do
PM (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO27 November 2018
During transformation, Hitachi Vantara needs to align more closely with the desired goals.

These goals are not easy to attain, but there needs to be better buy-in.
4,0
Great ideas, can be tough to bring about change
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 November 2018
Hitachi Vantara is a subsidiary of the parent company in Japan. A majority of the leadership for the US is located in Santa Clara, CA. There is a "big business" mentality that can hinder the ability to bring new ideas and change.
Pros
Work remote is regularly available
Cons
Peer or cultural expectation for work above and beyond norms
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month
IoT Solutions Architect/Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA2 November 2018
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month. After the company conducted a global reorganzation, the entire team was dismissed, and we weren't offered any internal position.
good place to work
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA1 November 2018
good place to work, like it here. Good building, management and open environment.

Japanese and indian teammates, if you want to work with international team members.
Focused company
Services Channel Director, Americas (Current Employee) –  North America3 October 2018
Hitachi is a conservative data storage company re-inventing itself. The challenge remains adding value to the data access we possess and providing that o clients.
4,0
productive and fun work place
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 September 2018
allows you the opportunity to grow and move with the company.
flexible hours and shifts.
good working environment with no dull day.
good training with a corporate lab.
4,0
A driven culture supported through peers
Strategic Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA28 August 2018
Product Management is a blessing to work with. They gather the proper data sets and forward their competitive data to engineering to create a quality product that sales can then offer to the enterprises globally.
2,0
Company is going through a cultural change
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 9505014 August 2018
Tons of layoffs, management not sure of the direction. No longer an enjoyable place of employment. Continued layoffs over the last 2 years. New management has no idea how to manage.
Pros
great benefits. Work remotely
Cons
No company direction, continued layoffs over the last few years, management has no idea how to manage
Na
Senior Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, IL2 August 2018
It is a descent company to work for, but make sure you focus on career advancement even if the company does not back you. Time may come when you will need those skills.
Great Company
Strategic Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 July 2018
Great Company to work for.

The company treats employees with respect and provides growth and training to further career.

Work life balance is the main reason I stayed and worked for this company for over 9 years now.
4,0
Good place to learn about enterprise storage
Director Product Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA18 July 2018
Good place to learn about enterprise storage technologies related to Flash/Hybrid arrays.Lot of opportunities to learn and collaborate with engineering and marketing
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  changi airport16 July 2018
its a normal day of work but sometimes we need to stay for overtime specially quarter end month. learn a lot software and hardware. storage, servers assembly ( enterprise, midrange all hitachi product)
learn how to update firmwares for all the product. management is good. overall workplace is good also.
Pros
free dinner in quarter end
Cons
sometimes need to stay for overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.

3,3