Hitachi Vantara

Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

3,0
Can Provide to you when appropriate
SR IT Project / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA6 December 2019
Can Provide to you when appropriate, I do not like to include this type of information here in this forum. If a prospective employer would like to hear about my experience in my roll in this company we can talk further and I can provide that at that time.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Work Llife Balance
Good company
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA7 November 2019
Good company. Nice work. Good people. Nice work life balance. Growth opportunity. Good projects. Challenging work. Innovation and R&D work. Good management
4,0
Good team and colleagues, company consistently struggling
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 October 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Hitachi Vantara. I attribute 90% of that to the 20 person team I worked in and the Engineering department I was a part of. The employees are good people and work hard, enjoyable work environment. Unfortunately the company has struggled to compete since I joined in 2009. There have been 6 corporate-wide layoffs/reorganizations in the 10.5 years I've been with Hitachi Vantara.
Pros
remote working, employees
Cons
low pay, struggling to succeed on planned path.
Excellent Culture
Product Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA10 October 2019
Hitachi has a great culture and is a very innovative organization to be a part of. They have a very strong R&D focus and are involved in many different industries.
5,0
Energetic and productive team environment
Storage Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA30 September 2019
Great culture, flexible work environment, fast-paced, tight deadlines, fantastic collaboration among colleagues, teamwork, always new learning opportunities. But I needed to relocate and telecommuting was no longer being approved.
Pros
flexible work schedules, benefits
Cons
stressful project schedules
1,0
Stressful and no work / life balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA4 September 2019
Would not recommend working at Hitachi. Pay is good, but very stressful environment. Management does not care about their employees, only revenue numbers.
3,0
Great work/life balance and exciting place to work
Regional/Global Account Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA10 July 2019
Lots of focus on how to do business aligned with company's policies of ethics. Hitachi Vantara is committed to delivering solutions that improve society as a whole. Very progressive and open culture. Employees are encouraged to innovate and are rewarded as well.
5,0
Conservative but forward looking company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA2 July 2019
Hitachi is an old company that's conservative in its approach to business development and risks. This is nice as an employee as things done change to fast but can be frustrating at times as well. They put a high value on culture, ethics, and doing the right thing.
3,0
Currently the Company is going threw major transformation
VP Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 June 2019
Hitachi Vantara is currently trying to define themselves into a new market segment. This process has force them to execute many internal changes that are affecting many talents employees. The changes done are necessary in order for them to be align to their new future directions. Their still many great employees at HV and I wish them the best luck in there new journey.
Amazing Work/Life Balance
Applications Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA2 April 2019
I have zero complaints regarding their work/life balance. The salary is fair and I enjoy working on my team.

As a heads up, they rarely or do not give annual raises. So negotiate what you want up front.
Pros
work/life balance, unlimited vacation
Cons
no annual raises
4,0
Great culture and workplace attitudes.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA28 February 2019
Excellent, humble, ethical culture. Great work-life balance. Polite, professional, intelligent employees.
Very active in IoT, storage, cloud, IT and operational technology expertise.
Pros
Great work-life balance and positive, polite culture.
Cons
Huge company, easy to get lost or looked over.
Forward Thinking Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA5 February 2019
Hitachi sold me on their double bottom-line promise: We deliver data-driven innovations that benefit both business and society. There are a lot of intelligent people working here with entrepreneurial DNA.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Can't think of any right now.
good place to work
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA1 November 2018
good place to work, like it here. Good building, management and open environment.

Japanese and indian teammates, if you want to work with international team members.
4,0
A driven culture supported through peers
Strategic Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA28 August 2018
Product Management is a blessing to work with. They gather the proper data sets and forward their competitive data to engineering to create a quality product that sales can then offer to the enterprises globally.
2,0
Company is going through a cultural change
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA 9505014 August 2018
Tons of layoffs, management not sure of the direction. No longer an enjoyable place of employment. Continued layoffs over the last 2 years. New management has no idea how to manage.
Pros
great benefits. Work remotely
Cons
No company direction, continued layoffs over the last few years, management has no idea how to manage
Great Company
Strategic Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 July 2018
Great Company to work for.

The company treats employees with respect and provides growth and training to further career.

Work life balance is the main reason I stayed and worked for this company for over 9 years now.
4,0
Good place to learn about enterprise storage
Director Product Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA18 July 2018
Good place to learn about enterprise storage technologies related to Flash/Hybrid arrays.Lot of opportunities to learn and collaborate with engineering and marketing
Great Tech Company
Software QA Analyst/ DITA CMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA21 May 2018
Adopting new technologies in IOT and Data Systems, excellent work culture, knowlegeable engineering teams, allows telecommuting, great to work for!!!!
4,0
Company currently undergoing a transformation
Health and Life Sciences Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA23 April 2018
I love working for Hitachi. The company has a great culture. My manager is awesome. As a healthcare vertical expert, I was expected to support the sales process but was never allowed to be the lead. I was also expected to identify new opportunities and turn them over to the responsible sales person in the areas that I supported.
Pros
great culture
Cons
currently undergoing major changes
5,0
Family centered, technical based, enjoyable
Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 April 2018
Worked with Hitachi for 10 years. Enjoyed my time with them. Received excellent training in Sales and technical areas to include additional Unified Compute Platform, Content Plaforms, Data Analytics. Received certified training in Sales Performance International (SPI)
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Lots of reduction in force

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.

3,4