HomeChoice Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

5,0
A great place for growth
Junior Marketing Planner (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 February 2019
Working at homechoice teaches you how to think independently while moving in a team. There was always support and the work life balance is really good.
Relaxing environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 January 2019
Environment gives a good vibe of energy to work and by the time you working ypu have enough product and customer knowledge and you know how to treat the customer and its interest
Pros
Free lunches as incentives
Cons
Reasonable hours
5,0
productive and a company that promoted best work ethics
sale agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape5 September 2018
8 to 5 with pressure of making sure u made your daily target
I have learned how to deal with different people and characters
The best that management that was able to go an extra mile to make sure you were happy
Pros
free home products and free lunches and also some great activities
Cons
monday to sunday with lots of long hours
2,0
Work life-balance, job security.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 August 2018
HC is a very nice company to work with, like the commission is very good , you can make a lot of money if you are a hard worker and work smartly however the company does not know how to communicate with its workers and they very demanding they expect you to put your life on hold and don’t have time to do your own things or look after your family, you don’t get family time they expect you to be at work and work overtime all the time, they never ask if the workers are comfortable with whatever they deciding, they just decide whether you like or not, They have long hours and unnecessary overtime which one needs to work to play as a ‘team’. Everything is fraud and they very quick in firing/dismissing workers they don’t understand that human beings can make mistakes as well. Your Job is not secured at all you never know what’s going to happen to you tomorrow, HC is not a place where you can say you see yourself growing and being something in the business. Managment have their own favorite people, there is no growth at all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, communication, demanding.
5,0
they are one of the best companies
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 August 2018
they have good management and they offer nice and good incentives
i really did enjoy working with them and i would also love to work for their night shift as now i am currently studying
Fun work place
Telemarketing (Current Employee) –  Wynberg27 July 2018
Fun environment to work . You become a team player because we work together to make a greater and successful team. We motivate each other we chase target every hour.we do team building to get to know one another .
Pros
Incentive for team
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape29 June 2018
Starting at 8;15 dailing outbound dealing with diffirent sort of campigns
Made your target for the day and started working for the next day
What ive learned customer services skills ,self motivation .Hard core selling to improve on my weaknesses
We had dress up days and diffirent types of themes
Hardest part leaving at 7pm and there is no transport
The most enjoyable meeting diffirent people
Pros
Incentives
1,0
Worst place ever
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape2 March 2018
You get treated like a child at Homechoice ,the salary is pathetic and there's no growth.toilet breaks have to be worked back after your shift .and your opinion doesn't matter there
Cons
Long hoyrs
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Building administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 January 2018
Homechoice is a very good company to work for they really care and look after all their employees. The best thing about working at homechoice is the people you work with they are just amazing even the managers I worked with last, if I would ever go back I would want to work with them, they really a fantastic team.

Being the face of the company even if it was just to relief reception for lunch was amazing its hard work, you need to keep your head up and not let anything or anyone pass you when you at front desk your eyes must be open at all times.

A great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, bargins on items good perks
4,0
It was a productive work place
Telesales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 November 2017
Start 8am or 9am.
I have learned allot about my customers and understand the by circle in South Africa much better.
Management have been growing with the business
Having to work weekends
Commission was the best
Pros
Commission
Cons
Weekend Work
3,0
good company to work for
social media agent (Former Employee) –  wynberg cape town4 September 2017
Good company to work for.they have loads of fun activities during the month to keep staff motivated. There salaries could be a bit more that would definitely keep staff.
Pros
weekly incentive and yearly bonus
Cons
low salary
4,0
good work environment and a nice place to grow
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 June 2017
I gained a lot of information working at HC it is a very good place to work at in terms of good business ethics and professionalism and providing the excellent service to our customers
Pros
lot of incentives to thier employees
Cons
8 hours
Emerging Power house
jnr Manager Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 June 2017
This company does a lot for its community and staff. It is a rising star in the retail space and is moving to greater heights. One day this company will compete on the global scale.
productivity
Telemarketing agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape15 February 2017
its a very nice place to work for. very professional and they are patient to newbies. training programme its very strong and nice with lots of support and love
Pros
stuff purchase discounts
5,0
It is a productive & funplace to work at
Tellemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape27 January 2017
Homechoice is one Company you'll never go wrong when you work for,the environment, the staff & the atmosphere is one of a kind
Pros
Free lunchies
Cons
Nornal hours
4,0
An excellent company currently redefining itself
eCommerce Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 October 2016
Homechoice has the best management structure I have ever experienced. Their company culture is hard work; selfless dedication and love. They have amazing cross functional involvement and full internal business strategic disclosure. Concepts is a company wide opportunity to learn more about adjacent departments and the insights and understandings gained are something I think that few other corporate would ever offer their staff. A family run business has a warmth and truly knowledgeable culture that is undeniable.
Pros
The most numerically driven business at every level
Cons
Public listing culture change
Average Department to work in. Finchoice Collections
Team Leader, Collections (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 September 2016
It is a good company to work at. Stability and culture is evident. All employees below Department Managers are really not a le to air their views concisely. Probably maybe the department I was stationed at.
Pros
Job Security and Growth
Cons
Junior Management not able to really air their personal ideas or suggestions
Fun in the work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape10 May 2016
arrive early at work means we get feed beck about last day performance and play games. And the job is Challenging tats the part i enjoy the most speaking with customers across South Africa and reading the declaration script and and the functions at he end of the year to celebrate the ups and downs.
Pros
we get free lunch when we make target and dep target.
Cons
we work overtime when the dep is behind on month to date and the team is not on target.
hard worker,dedicated and ambitiouse
sales consultent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town wynberg10 May 2016
arrive early and log in and meet with my team leader for goal and daily target and review last day performance and start working meet with my team during tea time and share the ups and downs of the job and and ways to improve.
Pros
free lunch when we make target and when the department make target
Cons
we vwork overtime when we are not on month to date as a team or department
2,0
fun but there was not enough equipment
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 May 2016
It was fun working for them but you had to do your own tracing. I have learned patience there because we had to deal with debtors. Management was cool my co workers were the best we worked hand in hand together. The hardest part was were you have to convince the debtor to pay on the day that they are suppose to pay. The most enjoyable part is when you have to earn incentive for your hard work.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Long hours triying to locate the debtor