Homechoice Employee Reviews

Fun work
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 June 2019
To work in this it was a good timing to me and also i was respect my job, it thought me how to live a happiness life, being an a house hold in home, support I've got in this place..it is an amazing place even though I wasn't going to be in the middle of nowhere
Pros
Free lunch
2,0
Management is veeerryy unprofesional especially in customer service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape5 June 2019
The working environment is great. However the management sucks they make it th3 worst place to be. No resources provided to assist the customer and better their experience on every call. Agents font even have emails, no one takes responsibility for anything, team leaders are always grumpy and unable to assist with escalations. Once you disagree with management especially both junior managers just know that they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Staff discount and free transport for late shift
Cons
Management is very unprofessional
2,0
Motivation and Discipline.
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 June 2019
We were always pushed for production by the managers and we always reached it. We were very motivated and enjoy the challengers. Sometimes we also had fun at work like playing games or competions.
Great environment
Telesales agent (Current Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape17 February 2019
Good company to work for. We are like a family there as we spend most of our time there. It's a big company with different departments but we work well together.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Long hours yet little pay. No growth
5,0
it was a very productive and fun place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2019
i would get to work log on to my computer everyday before work as a team we prayed,i learned how to manage my time efficiently
my manager would always motivate us getting clients banking details was the hardest part but making that sale made u feel so good
Pros
vibes points which can be converted into cash
4,0
Target driven, innovative, team work, wow the customer
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 January 2019
I have worked for more than 2 years for the company, there is not so much growth within the company. But its a vibey environment and target driven. Innovative and always wow the customers.
Pros
Free lunches, vouchers and monthly competitions
Cons
Na
nice working environment
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng29 December 2018
good retail company with lots of growth.
i was exposed to customer service environment and manged to develop my communication skills and boosted my confidence
Pros
gifts
learning
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape14 November 2018
It gave me the opportunity to learn and apply my skills efficiently. It helped me growth within the library and information sciences field. Was a good advantage.
Pros
free rewards
Fun place
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape14 November 2018
It has so many potential and growth for their workers and have lovely benefits. They also have ways in which they can thank their employers. I like it
Pros
Vibes
productive and challenging
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape17 October 2018
i enjoyed being a challenge and competition always striving to reach the top to sales never giving up never a dull moment in a call centre different race and cultures you work with learning to work together as a family doing ur best to make a good impact on your team and being friendly and enthusiastic. always reaching my targets in most accurate and honest way. being patient learning to enjoy and love what you do is vital to your job.
Pros
incentives yes free when you reach target lunch bit of everything
Cons
overtime
5,0
Growth and fun working place
Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape13 October 2018
I am self motivated, good selling skills, listening skills, self driven and I loving working with people. I have the eager to learn more. I am good in building report and working well in a group
Pros
commission
Cons
Longs hours
5,0
Pruductive and lot of money to make
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Wynberg24 July 2018
Company to work for. It was nice indeed for I was managing to get above 15k a month but that doesnt come easily . And the management does know how to appreciate
Pros
Lots of incetives
Great management
Customer service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape17 July 2018
I enjoy transparency of the company. Though for now I seek new ventures this is a loyal and fast growing business. One you want to work for. Certainly enjoy my work experience here.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Pay grade is too low
Fun
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape10 July 2018
A typical day at HomeChoice is filled with the adrenaline and pressure of meeting your revenue targets. I have learned to work under pressure without complaints. The management is filled with different characters, some guys are good and some not so good.
management and workplace
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 July 2018
Management:

when i started management was fantastic and team was happy. Management was understanding and help where needed. as time goes, team management changed and environment also went sour. the motivation was not there and treatment was terrible.

Workplace:

workplace environment is good and working equipment is impressive.
offices is transport friendly and working hours are good.
Pros
sales incentives are good
Cons
management treatment not impresisve
productive and fun workplace
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 June 2018
you recruit more clients everyday and meet all kind of people.The more you work the more you will earn.Good customer services.You work by your own time
Pros
eat home
Cons
short hours
product
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape town.31 May 2018
We worked with a very easy product to sell,cellphones,laptop,and tablets,in our days you need at least to own 1 of the products to make life easy for you.e.g cellphone.but it was not easy to sell because you at times calling someones from his cellphone and you want to sell them cellphone,so you needed to go more on details on why your product.it was challenging but fun to work for them because at all time you must think out of the box.

we worked over time if asked too but enjoyed because we gained a lot of experience.

we were a mix of culture and all respected each others culture.

most enjoyable part of work it was when you making your target,it meant you are working hard.

we had good management support, they can easy pick up when there is something wrong with you and they will offer help.
Pros
commission
Cons
relocated
5,0
its a productive and fun environment
Sales Agent, product specialist (Current Employee) –  wynberg cape town23 May 2018
working for Home-Choice is been a great experience and its culture and values promoted by the company.the hardest part of this job is of cause meeting target everyday but it is achievable, what i enjoy the most about the jobs is having to interact with different clientele everyday its a greet experience.been with the company has made me grow a lot especially in terms of values and morals.
Pros
uncapped comission
productive and fun place
Telemarketing Agent and customer service (Former Employee) –  Cape Town harbour, Western Cape16 April 2018
It is a great company to work for as a sales agent where you work from 9am to 19pm. i have learned to be very patient,work hard, team work and multi task. Working environment is very friendly. Culture is easy to adapt. Hardest past of the jobs is the long hours and working everyday. The benefit and the environment, it is very company to work for.
Pros
money for over time every monday
3,0
good
ICT-Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape4 April 2018
Good enviroment. It was good foundation for me . i learned alot about my self and career and what I want . Culture is what you make of it . Stay positive and focused.