Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 7 192 reviews
micro management environment
Customer Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng14 June 2018
A very controlling and micromanagement style filled environment. Dishonest and unreliable HR. unilateral decisions from amanagement at times. Awkward calls at times. Unrealistic expectations. This review pertains to Honeywell Subsaharan Africa in Midrand.
Challenging
Senoir Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga12 January 2018
The culture in Honeywell is great, where everyone knows what to do and works hard without being micro-managed. The hardest part of the job is getting the correct resources assigned to complete one's work. The most enjoyable part is the fun atmosphere and people.
Pros
No Standby
Cons
Challenging atmosphere
nice environment and professional
Accounts Payable Administrator/Cash Book Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vorna Valley Midrand8 January 2018
i love working at Honeywell, you feel like you belong. the team is great by manager has an open door policy which makes is possible to talk to him. i have learnt a lot in the 2 years i have been with Honeywell and i am given freedom to be flexible. I am able to talk with people on all level which has helped me to be confident.
Pros
nice environment and culture great place to work at
Cons
i need a permanent job
Proffesional work place
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng6 November 2017
Worked on 1 site. Learned about CCTV and Building management and how to do sales in a corporate environment.
Did not get along with my manager, our personalities clashed. Technicians did not get to the office a lot as most were permanently based on sites. For me the hardest part of the job was the paper exercise we had to do every day. Keeping my client happy was the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Petrol Card
Cons
Always on standby
4,0
Growth, leadership, integrity, new chanllenges
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng8 October 2017
I have 25 years experience delivering projects, from IT to engineering, construction. I have worked in Retail, Financial Services, Automation and Control, Industrial Security, Petrochemical (Oil and Gas) and Energy environments. I believe in planning, implementing, control and change if required and achieving results. I have received numerous awards, however, the team executing the project with me require recognition and reward. I believe in change and would enjoy a new challenge to add value but also grow.
Pros
Continuous improvement
Cons
Failure to recognize good performace
Productive challenging work place
Marketing Campaign (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 July 2017
Shadowing of Strategic Marketing Leader in Research for 2 weeks to get practical experience during my studies
Attending Meetings
Did research for a project
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Would have enjoyed working for a longer period
Honeywell Process Solutions
Hardware Design Lead (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng20 December 2016
As the Hardware Designer at Honeywell it exposed me to many facets of the project life cycle. In the 7 years I have been at Honeywell the learning experience was immense and I learnt quite a bit about Control Systems.
The team of people I had the privileged of working with was most enjoyable. I traveled quite a bit throughout Africa as well as Europe on various projects. This was n a way the most enjoyable and hardest part of my job.
Pros
Updated Technology
Cons
Being away from the family for long periods
4,0
The most productive place I have worked
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Feltham18 August 2016
Here my duties included the disassembly or assembly of aircraft wheels. Learned the basics of aircraft wheel which helped me towards my role in British Airways later on. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, 12 hour shifts, but this wasn't a problem as I had done this in previous roles.
Good Company
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midrand14 August 2016
Wonderful Company to work for.
The people who work there are helpful and work as a team.
Management is very supportive and assist when needed.
You get to interact with people all over the world.
Very pleasant
Field Engineer for Honeywell (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 August 2016
Conduct daily maintenance
QCS DCS systems
good
80%
difficult errors
when the problem is completed

Training was made available on line help was made via mail,
on line HSE training was compulsory
over good support
Pros
Petrol card
Cons
noisy environment
5,0
Challenging and fun working place
Procurement Specialist Supply Chain Lead (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng29 June 2016
I am always early in the office and love working this may sound strange to most people. Everyday the first thing I do is to go through all my mails and priotise the urgent and scheduling for the day events.
I have learned and mastered E-Auctions which stands me steadfast in my productivity post negotiations
My experience of over twenty years in Purchasing Management has adapted me with skills of decision making in a business and well versed in Process and Procedures..
I am always willing to listen and understand their point of view before commenting also getting to know them and their respective backgrounds
I love my job but the hardest part is when people do not follow process and procedures and I have to turn down a request although its urgent
Working at Honeywell you have access to the Learning Hub where you could enrich your knowledge on general business practices and products. Also allowing employees working from home.
Pros
Working from home save on time and travel
Cons
Isolation no face to face confrontation
Productive and fun workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  secunda, mp28 May 2015
its a good company to work for.you get to travel to site and have hands on experience.its a good company to work for.with each project comes a new lesson which builds ones experience and confidence.
Cons
Hard working...Working under pressure
a day at work
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  LP15 April 2015
days are always ok, nothing much to do as we only install tenstiles. We do not work everyday as this installation can be done in a week.
Pros
Cons
procedures are not always in place
Friendly and Productive workspace
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP7 September 2013
Being engaged and adding value
Work smart
Be decisive , yet fair
be polite , we are all there for the same purpose
not having enough hours in some days
getting the job done and learning
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
long travelling
5,0
It was a very productive work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Secunda, MP5 September 2013
Every day was different
Management was fine.
Co-workers was fine - we came along very good
I enjoyed my work.
Cons
Accept for the fact that Sasol is far from town and you had to stay in the office for lunch times
Project Control Management
Project Control Manager - Africa Region (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP25 June 2013
When I rejoined Honeywell, Honeywell was at the brink of rolling out business processes work-wide. I was able to roll out SAP, global project management methodologies and head up a new business unit.
Pros
Honeywell was open to change.
3,0
Productive and easy going workplace
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Midrand Waterfall Park23 July 2012
+Duties given up front should be prepared to change jobs quickly.
+You have to be a self learner to learn
+Management are hardly present and you need to take action.
+Good people hardworking
+Expectations sometimes to high
+No criticizing of your work
Pros
non
Cons
no bonuses