Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

IBM Employee Reviews

Company that promotes innovation
IBM is a company that helps employees develope their skill, so employees can stay relevant in a competative global market. At IBM employees are encouraged to become innovators and pioneers to drive the 4th industrial revolution.
EE supported
Leads and Managers have no time for people to try get themselves back on track.. they very EE orientated and really don't care about the consultants on contract.
Cons
long hours, bad attitude, little team work.
5,0
It is a great company to work for.
I learned a lot and grew in the company. I started my recruitment path there and I was offered opportunities to explore and learn in my position. I had a great team support and we worked well as a team.
Work-Life Flexibility
IBM has a great, flexible culture that allows you to advance in your career without the personal sacrifice.
I particularly thrived with the unwritten rule of advancing to a new role every two years
Productive and informative
I started working at IBM with no sales experience and was taken aboard and taught sales skills with the IBM Sales School it was intense and demanding school I have ever experienced. They taught me about pricing, negotiating contract writing. The culture is diverse and impowering.
4,0
Too Many Restrechments that didnt make sense.
IBM was a great company to work for however the retrenchments were bad. Basically my whole HR career was built at IBM. I had the opportunity to work with individual from across the Globe. My Manager at the time had high expectations for and I am glad our paths crossed.
4,0
Diciplined with excellent knowledge growth.
- A typical workday is 12 hours if not more based on workload for that day.
- A solid relationship between employees has to be maintained to stay up to date with what is happening.

- I have learned the value of a client and the most valuable thing a client can give you is time. In return you have to give something of value back.

- I enjoy the challenge that changes daily that keeps me being busy all the time.

- The most challenging aspects would be meeting deadlines. They can be delayed based on missing information.
Not a Good Company to Work For
Not a Good Company to Work For
Was Retrenched and a new Person employed after me.

No Benefits and Lack of comminucation from managers to I.T Guys.....
Temporary position
This was a temporary position for a short period.
Good experience, excellent company.

The company is based in Sandton.

I worked there in the interim whilst looking for a permanent position.
Nurturing
Constant opportunities for growth and advancement. Opportunities for social contribution. Provided global networking and enablement.Highly effective incentive programs
Ibm
With IBM you get to learn a lot because of the learning platforms that one has access to. A typical day at work is basically you doing the job that is required of you, on your spare time you do some learning through the channel YOULEARNING.
1,0
N/a
Poor management, too many processes and policies which makes tasks and projects inefficient and non profitable. HR unhelpful, extremely demanding working conditions. No salary increases, no company year end functions or team building.
Client Relationships Manager
Manage a set of accounts, be managed globally. Line managers are not that experienced, thus a high staff turnover. Nonetheless they don’t do coffee for free but it’s a good company to work for
Good place to learn
It’s a cool place.. things are flexible and depending on your manager you can work from home which is really cool.. the environment is chilled out and you can learn lots
Easily accessible
Great place to work, great colleuagues who respect each ther and are always willing to go the extra mile and drive the diverse culture that exists at IBM.
Productive workplace
On a typical day, an assistant would be required to ensure the diary for their respective client is up to date and that meetings have been confirmed with room bookings or even catering if required.

I have learned the importance of trusting my skills and judgement and as a result my clients were at ease when giving me tasks.

The most challenging part of my job at IBM was dealing with various time zones and languages from outside of Africa.

What I enjoyed about being an Executive Administrative Assistant at IBM was the various departments we serviced. I was exposed to different conversations around what IBM offers which opened my eyes to the world of technology.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
No real support
3,0
Bureaucratic with too much red tape
Not a nice place to work. Very poor work/life balance. Very much a dog-eat-dog culture. Accountable to IBM USA, unrelenting in demand for higher profits regardles of the exchange rate and country culture.
Productive and Stressfull Environment
Throughout the stress and pressure, IBM is by far the best organization in terms of career growth.
Excellent career opportunities. Non compensated extra hours but great development opportunites
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Non Compensated extra hours
Great Company
Great Company to work for, very flexible and very rewarding. Engineers are very knowledgable and the company gives you the best tools to do your job to the best.
Pros
Canteen
2,0
A typical day at work
I usually start my work at 7:30 am ,collaboratively plan my day and make sure that the most urgent work get done first before it can get busy.I learn that that starting early will relief a lot of stress that comes with eight hours work.well hen it comes to management they always want things done.I get along with different cultures at corporate
The hardest part of my job is when I can't find a solution for a problem I need to solve

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can come up with solution and quick
Pros
Free lunch
Productive, fun and informative
Enjoyed working on a team helpful and driven to achieve together.
Had great team leaders I worked under.

Work energy was great, would collaborate with other departments selling their products
Pros
Working with an energetic team
Cons
Change in working role