Responsible for the day-to-day running of a large iSeries operational environment. This includes batch job scheduling and monitoring, tape management and performing problem determination and problem source identification in software environments, problem analysis, evaluation, recreation, and resolution of customer reported and resolution of related hardware and software in a multiple customer environment. Johnson & Johnsons, Atlas Copco, Huntsman, Deutsche Bank, Gates, etc.
- Operating I series systems for customers in accordance with laid down standards and procedures; Monitoring the system performance and user jobs; Data mirror ; MQ series
- Robot jobs monitoring and restarting failed jobs;
- Basic problem solving and reporting them to Application Developers and Engineers;
- Backups and Restores; Backup and Recovery Media Services (BRMS);
- Maintenance jobs, Reclaim storage and Library Re-orgs;
- Provides end user support for IBM and AS/400 computer systems and warehouse applications.
- Monitors entire computer environment during shift.
overtime payments was fast