IBM Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the search See all 27 971 reviews
Temporary position
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng4 November 2019
This was a temporary position for a short period.
Good experience, excellent company.
The company is based in Sandton.
I worked there in the interim whilst looking for a permanent position.
Nurturing
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Gauteng3 November 2019
Constant opportunities for growth and advancement. Opportunities for social contribution. Provided global networking and enablement.Highly effective incentive programs
Ibm
Procurement Buyer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 October 2019
With IBM you get to learn a lot because of the learning platforms that one has access to. A typical day at work is basically you doing the job that is required of you, on your spare time you do some learning through the channel YOULEARNING.
1,0
N/a
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 September 2019
Poor management, too many processes and policies which makes tasks and projects inefficient and non profitable. HR unhelpful, extremely demanding working conditions. No salary increases, no company year end functions or team building.
Client Relationships Manager
Client Relationship Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 September 2019
Manage a set of accounts, be managed globally. Line managers are not that experienced, thus a high staff turnover. Nonetheless they don’t do coffee for free but it’s a good company to work for
Good place to learn
VMWARE SPECIALIST ARCHITECT AND SAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  JHB, Gauteng30 August 2019
It’s a cool place.. things are flexible and depending on your manager you can work from home which is really cool.. the environment is chilled out and you can learn lots
Easily accessible
Country Security Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa28 August 2019
Great place to work, great colleuagues who respect each ther and are always willing to go the extra mile and drive the diverse culture that exists at IBM.
Productive workplace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng21 August 2019
On a typical day, an assistant would be required to ensure the diary for their respective client is up to date and that meetings have been confirmed with room bookings or even catering if required.

I have learned the importance of trusting my skills and judgement and as a result my clients were at ease when giving me tasks.

The most challenging part of my job at IBM was dealing with various time zones and languages from outside of Africa.

What I enjoyed about being an Executive Administrative Assistant at IBM was the various departments we serviced. I was exposed to different conversations around what IBM offers which opened my eyes to the world of technology.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
No real support
3,0
Bureaucratic with too much red tape
Business Continuity Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 August 2019
Not a nice place to work. Very poor work/life balance. Very much a dog-eat-dog culture. Accountable to IBM USA, unrelenting in demand for higher profits regardles of the exchange rate and country culture.
Productive and Stressfull Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng10 June 2019
Throughout the stress and pressure, IBM is by far the best organization in terms of career growth.
Excellent career opportunities. Non compensated extra hours but great development opportunites
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Non Compensated extra hours
Great Company
Linux Consultant (Former Employee) –  ZA4 June 2019
Great Company to work for, very flexible and very rewarding. Engineers are very knowledgable and the company gives you the best tools to do your job to the best.
Pros
Canteen
2,0
A typical day at work
Data center Engineer&IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng19 May 2019
I usually start my work at 7:30 am ,collaboratively plan my day and make sure that the most urgent work get done first before it can get busy.I learn that that starting early will relief a lot of stress that comes with eight hours work.well hen it comes to management they always want things done.I get along with different cultures at corporate
The hardest part of my job is when I can't find a solution for a problem I need to solve
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can come up with solution and quick
Pros
Free lunch
Productive, fun and informative
Acquisition Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 May 2019
Enjoyed working on a team helpful and driven to achieve together.
Had great team leaders I worked under.
Work energy was great, would collaborate with other departments selling their products
Pros
Working with an energetic team
Cons
Change in working role
Personal Assistant to the CEO
Personal Assistant to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South Africa30 April 2019
As the CEO's PA I was his gatekeeper.
I managed his diary, his workload, his client calls, his presentations and I guess him.
It was a honour and a priviledge to be an IBMer.
When you mentioned that you worked for IBM and was the PA to the CEO everyone wanted to know more.
Pros
Meeting other people of Director level
Cons
Leaving
2,0
Welk okee.
Eerste Lijns IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg12 April 2019
Op je werk aangekomen de computer opstarten, bakkie koffie erbij, applicaties openen en wachten op de je eerste foutmelding.
Rustig blijven al het probleem wordt uitgelegd en analytisch meedenken om tot vervolgens tot een oplossing te komen. Oplossing uitzetten en bij resultaat de cliënt informeren dat het probleem is opgelost.
Management kwam je alleen mee in aanraking als het bedrijfstechnisch was.
Bedrijfscultuur was typisch Amerikaans.
Wat moeilijk was, was de rust op de afdeling bewaren als er niks te doen was.
Het leukste waren de collega’s waarmee je buiten het werk mee dingen ondernam.
Pros
Trainingen en inspiratie.
Cons
Onervaren collega’s op de werkvloer die het verpesten voor de andere collega’s.
beautiful work culture
JUNIOR IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng7 February 2019
no micromanagement
employees were trusted to carry out their assigned tasks
management / employee communication on point
peaceful workflow, happy customers
Fun
Intern PHP Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Cresta22 January 2019
It was fun to work at ibm, i was given an opportunity to experience both the working environment aswell as the classroom environment , i worked on various projects that where mainly for school pupils, e-learning applications
5,0
A Global company with good benefits
Sub Sahara Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng7 January 2019
Excellent company to work for with great benefits.Room for promotion global.Good working condtions.One can work from home if approved by business unit.
4,0
Employer that values work/life balance
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa12 November 2018
IBM values work/life balance and how accommodating employees can help them become more productive. IBM has a vast library of free education making IBM the perfect place to expand knowledge and experience
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Job Security
Ibm 1980 to 1996
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 November 2018
During my employment at IBM South Africa (1980 -1996) I attended a large number of internal training sessions. This training helped me in various technical and soft skills. The positions I held was of technical (hardware and software) nature, but required of me to network with IBM Customers. This was in itself a large development area of my skillset.
IBM management was professional, trustworthy and a high level of integrity was maintained.
Pros
Experienced personal growth as technology improved.
Cons
Sometime long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9