iiNet

iiNet Employee Reviews

2,0
No growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 February 2020
A typical day at work starts off with a cup of coffee, then taking inbound calls, Training was good and you can teach yourself once you hit the live floor, you need to continue to learn and keep up with the rapid changes that can occur at anytime. Unfortunately management tend to stop learning which is a problem because when staff needs assistance they clueless or brush you off.

Hardest part of the job , adjusting to rapid changes at anytime
Most enjoyable ? going home to sleep
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 February 2020
Very long shifts and it never is rotational . Too many grave yard shifts . The money is a joke for cost of living in today age . The company does not have a proper sick notice process.
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 January 2020
If you are looking to be in the customer service or sales fields iiNet is a good place to be. They offer these jobs. You will need to be self motivated.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt River, Western Cape25 January 2020
iinet is the worst, during the interview they’ll tell you about how much money you’ll make if you meet target but they make the target impossible to reach. It’s very easy to get a job there because people don’t stay long. They are forever recruiting. They don’t even require you to have experience. But they expect you to be an IT technician when you work there
I wouldn’t ever ever ever! recommend it to anyone it’s a waste of time
Avoid
Senior Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 January 2020
terrible environment, classic call center.

Nepotism and worse happens here.

Poor pay, poor hours, no progression (unless you are associated with/friends with higher ups)
3,0
Iinet is a good company at first in the training stages , but when it comes to the real work you wont be entirely able to manage
call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Observatory, Western Cape14 January 2020
Low pay for heaps off work, Technical support and billing done by each agent...and the company doesn't necessarily care about its workers , you just have to keep taking calls.
Fun and very interesting
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 January 2020
Working with clients and especially overseas clientele was an awesome experience. Building report with the clients was interesting and i learnt a lot from the clients themselves.
Was awesome having to solve the clients issues and making them feel happy as well as being rated by them.This is how commission was earned,quite easily i may add.
Over all the best company i worked for in my career.
Time at Iinet
Customer Service Representatve (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2020
I personally enjoyed what they had to offer , providing one with multiple learning types as well as ways of understanding, I thoroughly enjoyed everything they had to offer and the way they went about it.
Work place
Customer Tech support agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 December 2019
Work place was fun, productive and you learn a lot, for the time that has been set they could change it a bit to at least help individuals with less experience gain more by signing a better contract and also assisting individuals get a permanent position. The work place is great, the support provided as well is good and they have a great work ethic on other campaign and departments.
The support team does a lot and I believe that NPS should not be provided for them as they will be wasting a lot of business funds on hiring, training and recruitment of new individuals.
Overall iiNet is a great company and I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Working at iiNet
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, Western Cape22 December 2019
It was the worse company to work for especially when it comes to compassion with employees they have no remorse whatsoever and I understand that a business important but so the workers
productive,fast passed sometimes fun
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Western Cape17 December 2019
For me working at iiNet was fun. It did not feel like a job but more of a hobby - getting to speak to people while assisting with there internet related queries. The fun part is that you can actually make conversation while helping the end user which is quite interesting because you can ask about life and get and give advice.

The hardest part of the job is to provide bad news to the customer however we know that as a ISP which depends on a wholesaler is bound to happen
5,0
IiNet is a great company to work at and it keeps you going because there us always something to do
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, Western Cape5 December 2019
I gave experienced so much by working at iiNet and gained alot of knowledge working by dealing with different aspects like support as in internet service,troubleshooting internet service and dealing with billing issues with regards to money
5,0
Iinet is a great company
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 December 2019
How ever depends on the manager your issued to work under .other than that it's a wonderful company you need time to get with the program and know all you need to know .
1,0
Don't ever do it to yourself
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt River, Western Cape2 December 2019
This place will take evrything from you and spite you out like nothing and replace you in a few seconds no matter who you are and what your position is, lots of politics in this business, not good place to be since the company was sold over was the best first but is right at the bottom now
2,0
Misleading
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 November 2019
When arriving here everything seem to be great. But when actually get the job you need to work hard for rate increase and very strict management on the floor. However, I do feel it's what you make out of the situation
3,0
fun
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 November 2019
I found management went out of their way to assist me in personal issues I was experiencing very understanding and caring. I also feel like the environment was very relaxed and comfortable
1,0
Worse company to work for
Firstly lots of pay queries. Company puts their needs high above employees. Company is making new employers pay for mistakes made by unreliable people. The company is full with unethical people that feeds their own agenda. Leadership lacks emotional intelligence and competent skills to effectively lead people. They don't know how to apply basic conditions of employment.euunderstand hop
1,0
An experience which drained me on every level possible.
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock11 November 2019
I found it to be an unhealthy working environment. The management style was autocratic and I never felt that they lived their motto, definitely not in my experience!
Pros
Fruit and cereal, aesthetically beautiful environment
Cons
Many
n/a
TRAINING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Salt River, Western Cape4 October 2019
I started working at iiNet and it was my first call centre. i started out as an agent and worked myself up to be seconded into the Training team where i learnt the fundemanentals.
Productive and fun
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 September 2019
High pressure environment, with lots to learn, and high standard of customer service was required, as we were serving Australian customers, with vast and long experience on the internet, than many countries. The shifts were manageable, and good working atmosphere, and continuous training, to equip the employees with excellence.
Pros
Cereal in the morning and fruit all day.
Cons
Dealing with difficult customers who cant be without the internet.