Indwe Risk Services Employee Reviews

5,0
Productive, Continuous Training, Well Skilled staff, Great systems, Fun environment in the workplace
Personal Lines Manager (Former Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng2 July 2019
Always woke up with a purpose to go work at Indwe Risk. Management always open door policy. Continuous Training. Harmonious atmosphere at workplace.
productive, serious work place
Commercial Underwriter/Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  east london, south africa21 November 2018
I performed my duties to the best of my ability. I learnt different things from each situation, you grow when you are exposed to new things. My manager was really caring and hard working and she was good at her job. there was a very good culture. the hardest part of the job was the constant changes made not beneficial to staff. The best part of my job was getting compliments from clients when you have made a really good impression.
Pros
intensives, bonuses, team building
Cons
work load was heavy, not the best increases, office politics
1,0
No transformation & not market related salaries
Business Development Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tygervalley, Western Cape17 November 2018
Management @ Indwe Risk Services comprise of predominantly White people.They stuck in their Old Ways (Verkramp).Salaries not market related.No growth.
Good Employer, Employees are equally important as clients
Claims/Call Centre Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng12 September 2018
Very good Company to work for. I enjoyed my time as an employee and would love to go back if the regulations on RE exams hadn't become so strict. Very good environment.
Average
Business Deveolpment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape2 February 2018
No open door policy to continuously improve business activities. Office staff do get on well and operates like a family amongst one another. Targets not reachable across company for any sales person
Pros
Unreachable targets and no open door policy
Cons
Good relations between team members
Nice Job
Training Administrator (Current Employee) –  Melrose North, Gauteng13 September 2017
My workday begins at 6.00am and ends at 3:30
I am busy with computer work most of the day with a hour lunch
I am involved with training and organising the interns
4,0
I had to leave because I was offered a better offer
Claims consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 July 2017
Otherwise everything by Indwe was ok except salary wise it was not market related, I was only earning 9300 whilst other companies were paying 15000 upwards for what I was doing.
Pros
Yes we would be taken out for lunch
Cons
Normal hours
5,0
A very boring yet important job
Trainee secretary (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape4 October 2016
Sitting around and waiting for the telephone to ring is actually boring but the salary does make up for it. As I have been working there as a trainee. It was a challenge but within an hour i adapted to the environement. I had my own office and i was left hand written instructions on the table. I had to assist clients with insurance and debt. The job is very boring but the environment makes up for it in a number of ways.
Pros
WiFi, Aircon, Environment (Office with good facilities)
Cons
Boring, Dragging hours, have to be by the phone the entire time.
Exciting
Personal Lines Insurance (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP14 October 2015
You on the phone 75% of the time with clients. 5% Walk in clients
You sell policies, do amendments on policies, renewals and advicing clients the whole time. Co-workers often asked me for help and advvice because of my knowledge and experience.
Great to work for Indwe
Specialist Risk (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP7 July 2015
Indwe is a awesome company. Everyone is focused and professional. Clients is very happy with our service and co-workers is friendly and work as a team.
Enjoyable Workplace
Personal Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 January 2015
-Typical day at work was very nice, good working conditions, assisting clients, following up on claims
-I learned how to be a Client Service Consultant, how to treat clients, how to treat co workers, how to be productive
-Fabulous management, understanding people that you can even discuss personal matters with
-Co-workers were like brothers and sisters, helping one another, talking to each other, a very good team
-It was hard at first as it was my first job but after getting the feel of every part of the job, there was no hard part of the job
-I enjoyed being with the colleagues, assisting client with their queries and claims
Pros
Braais on some Fridays
2,0
Perfect Learning Enviroment.
Commercial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 June 2014
I have learned to work underpressuble, to multi task and to build strtong customer relationships wih clients
Pros
Effective Tranining
Cons
No Recognition
5,0
Indwe Risk Services is a blue chip corporate company. specialises in selling financial produts.
CALL CENTRE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP3 June 2014
Sales and customer consultant. Excelled in sales and reached all set targets. Team leader. Later promoted moved to do QA and Internal audits. Excellent communication and negotiation skills .Computer literate. Focused and attention to details. BA Communication degree. COmputer literate. Immediately available.
4,0
Challenging but fun and productive environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  melrose9 March 2014
A typical day would be assisting staff and clients with queries, claims etc. Coaching and mentoring staff on an ongoing basis. I can use initiative and try new things in the branch and am not always bound by red tape. I have a great team that is very motivated and hard working always willing to go the extra mile. I can always depend on my staff. The hardest part would be not to give my staff the recognition they deserve as this is sometimes out of my control. I enjoy the client interaction and being out there assisting and advising our clients and making sure they have adequate cover and service at all times,
Pros
Client interaction
Cons
Other departments not giving service our clients deserve
Productive, Insurance Knowledge, Customer service
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Westville, ZN25 June 2013
Good team to work with, Obtained my RE5 which has educated me further about legislations. Hardest is when loosing a client to a competitor
Pros
team work
Cons
people cannot work in a team
2,0
nice company to work for
service consultant- personal lines (Current Employee) –  east london7 March 2013
very busy and also fun
self confidence and developing oneself
management is very supportive towards staff
collegues are team players very nice to work with
when there is too much pressure from management
enjoyable job as you deal with different types of people and feel good when you realise that you have given a client a very good service.
Pros
yes free lunches from managers
Cons
working under pressure some times
A pleasant environment
National Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng12 February 2013
A typical normal day is spent training a group of between 10 to 12 staff in the training room
Self-management is a big part of my job as I am given tasks to do with deadlines and I have to perform those tasks on my own
I have a team of 12 and we have good working relationship
I can't say thaty any part of my job is hard. I am often faced with some challenegs which I welcome, because it allows me to grow
I love interaction with people and I enjoy travelling to different brances.
Pros
travelling to branches
Cons
i can't think of anything
5,0
fun work place and very much productive
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg,KwaZulu-Natal21 December 2012
they hav got the most amazing stuff,friendly manangement... the hardest part is when the clients shout at me just because they sometimes can't get trough the agents. the is a little bit of pressure sometimes,but it always something in can handly!
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
working only office hours
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  MIDRAND3 December 2012
I have learnrd to be patient,and embracing diversity effectively to different people,client
3,0
The environment of growth and challenges
Sales & Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane12 June 2012
I always meet the challenges where the clients complaint a lot about the premium increase and the high premium they are paying. I have learnt that listening skills is very critical in dealing with the daily challenges of the daily activities.

It is always challenging to work with a number of team workers as they have different presonalities.

I always take is as it comes and make sure that I work smart not hard.

The hardest part of my job is when the client need the quotation urgently within a very short space of time.

The enjoying part is when I reach the target in time.
Pros
growth
Cons
not making it