Intelligent Debt Management Employee Reviews

5,0
Grete place to work in
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 March 2019
This is a very high paced environment with high growth potential. I thoroughly enjoyed working with young and energetic people with high ambition and drive.
4,0
Productive and positive environment
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 June 2018
It was an amazing company to work for because we were very aware that we were doing was helping a lot of people under debt review, we made a great difference in many lives.
Pros
Award ceremonies
Cons
Salary
Growing people
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 July 2017
Working at IDM has given me a chance to stand out and realise my capabilities. It has a good working, vibrant environment and has a chance for advancement. For the 1 and half years i have worked at IDM i have seen nothing but growth in my personal capacity. The job environment can be a bit pressurizing and less rewarding especially in the client services group. However the negotiations and financial consulting departments can be hectic but very rewarding. I really enjoy working with my peers as they are very welcoming, motivated and coorperative.
Pros
Good working environment, opportunity for growth and advancement, social club, monthly awards, refreshments
Cons
Management sometimes lacks transparency. High employee exodus.
3,0
IDM has a culture of learning and development and a vested interest in educating and assisting South Africans in financial difficulty.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 June 2017
IDM believes in developing people. They have young dynamic staff and has a culture of innovation and learning. They develop leaders and their value proposition is to hire the leaders of tomorow. Transparency is highly practiced and all actions are aligned to value based behaviour.
Pros
Free training and development. Career advancement.
3,0
Fun atmosphere but the sales environment is hectic
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC17 February 2015
I basically make sales calls all day to clients who have enquired on one of the Debt Buster's websites. I conduct finacial affordibility assessments with clients to see what debt solution they qualify for. I mainly sell them debt counselling by explaining the benefits and restrictions.
3,0
Consistent growth and changes in processes and people are great but can at times prove to be a heavy challenge
Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC23 April 2014
What I like about my current Job: Growing company that is a pioneer in the debt counselling industry. the job challenges you mentally and emotionally.

Front line managers are young and great people to learn from who are interested in your input and ideas to improve processes and service rendered to clients.

What I do not enjoy is the constant change in individuals who are part of my team. Most of the people I started with have left the company.
Pros
vibrant and diverse colleagues, team lunch rewards, monthly awards and refreshments, social club
Cons
paid overtime is rare, low benefits
4,0
A dynamic, energetic company
Debt Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 January 2014
IDM is based on a relevant and much needed consumer solution to debt. The best part of the job is the moral gratification you get from genuinely helping a consumer crippled by debt, to come out of the destructive, self-perpetuating cycle that debt and reckless lending can cause. This is particularly so for single parents or families where one spouse has lost their job. The work culture is energetic and dominated by lively young intelligent graduates. The hardest part of the job was collecting fees because some consumers may not be committed to the solution, or credit providers may perform a money-grab and debit consumer accounts for amounts owing.
Pros
Relevance, lively work culture, genuinely helping people