Investec

Investec Employee Reviews

Excellent and good company
my experience with Investec Bank is The most beautiful workplace culture and most enjoyable part of the job, what I've learn professionalism and confident management
4,0
The company is great and fun to work for, the balance between work and play is just perfect however . It's an innovative bank and very good brand. Typical day at work is pretty much busy actually but that comes good experience in working effectively, smart and get to be exposed to new queries.
Productive and Collaborative workplace
My experience was invaluable. The individuals at this organization are friendly and very knowledgeable. Although it is competitive, everybody is willing to help.
Energetic and Vibrant workplace
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. You will always go above and beyond your job description and there is always an opportunity to learn. You will generally learn how to do the job, on the job.

The type of clients that you will deal with are the top tier in South African and thus, an extremely high touch, efficient service delivery is required.

The culture is incredibly vibrant, energetic and autonomous.
Challenging and rewarding environment
Team Leader Recoveries Very rewarding and challenging environment.

Dealing with risk, legal, accounting, and compliance matters

Participation in management is requirement
Satisfied ex employee
Lot of social events scheduled throughout the year. Allowed to dress casual and work from home (some days). Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of red tape.
Productive and good culture
Good environment for young talent
Diverse

Good opportunity to grow

Excellent brand identity

Lacks good benefits

Work your way up regardless of experience and qualification
Foward looking, interesting culture
At my time at Investec Bank we were undergoing a transformation from the Apartheid years in South Africa into a new era, I was tasked with introducing Foreign-based accounts into the equity desk and also opening up various African Markets.
They could do better...
They've positioned themselves as one of the best employers and I can honestly attribute this to the culture and the people. They don't pay well at all
Great Culture
Great place to work with a fun culture. Would recommend it to anyone just starting out their career. However, career opportunities may be slightly limited due to niche nature of the organisation.
5,0
I would like to be given a chance to work for Investec since my Contract was terminated due to department merging.
Investec is a good company to work for, if given another opportunity to work again. You have your job security for best performance.Best Company Ever.
Official response from Investec
26 November 2019
Thank you for sharing these wonderful words. You are welcome to visit our Careers page here: https://careers.investec.co.za/jobs to browse for opportunities :)
5,0
The culture and people are amazing.
A Typical day starts by catching up with friends, followed by a comfortable working environment. This enables one to be productive, and strive to achieve.

I learned a great deal as I was always pushed to my limits and encouraged to further my knowledge.
Excellent Culture
I would like to return. I learned how to work on great systems and experienced a very different but good culture. Investec has a great culture and a very fantastic future
Official response from Investec
26 November 2019
Thanks for the great feedback! If you'd like to apply for any positions, please visit our Careers page here: https://careers.investec.co.za/jobs
4,0
A fun, productive, culture led organisation
The positive workplace culture and distinctive performance of its employees, encouraged finding a way to give clients an out of the ordinary customer service through dedicated partnership and cast iron integrity.
Pros
Freedom to be entrepreneurial.
Cons
Sometimes expectations were not made clear.
Rewarding, competitive, and challenging
Really rewarding, competitive, and challenging environment to work in. Employees are encouraged to treat their every day work as business owners contracted to the company. Great drive for performance. Constantly exposed to cutting edge technology, different development streams, varying infrastructure, and different businesses. Management are invested within their respective sectors that constantly drive for efficiency and performance with in-depth knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The hardest part of the job would be the environment created by each employee treating his/her job as their own business; every person has their own opinion and is not necessarily inclined to change or see others as partners to their endeavors. Really rewarding when applauded and acknowledged for contributions made.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Egos
Dynamic
I enjoyed the flexed time working at Investec. Being a dynamic, fast paced organisation, certain administrative tasks and documentation tends to be neglected. Hardest part is cutting through red tape. Most enjoyable was the people and team I worked with. Some of the management do not always act in the best interests of the organisation.
Pros
Work-Life balance
Cons
Certain Leadership styles
4,0
High paced environment with a lot of political uncertainty.
I got a good look at what a unique and taloyered product and service look like. Servicing the type of client Invest has was an eye opening experience.
Pros
Amazing name with high profile clients
Cons
Micro-management
3,0
Open dialogue and nice environent
Very exciting and nice atmosphere, always breaking china for the clients as they are the people who make you business at the end of the day. Enjoyed interaction with clients and love being able to assist them if and when the needarises.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
The day aint over until the job is complete
2,0
Fun work place
I learned a lot at investec and more access and knowledge ,,and also had some working experience now I am a hard work because of the things I learned at investec
5,0
Great company to work for
Investec is the best company to work for. I had lots of fun Professionally and personally. you work at your own pace with this amazing team. the environment and the people are in one sync as it is culture
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
The walking sistance as a Technician.
3,0
A lot of potential to grow as an individual in the business world.
Well organized vac work experience. Community is still not as diverse (racially) as it should be. A lot of hard work and dedication is required to advance there and you have to be a go-getter to survive because other students are also trying their best to be chosen because there are only a few positions.
Pros
Accommodation, flights and food provided.
Cons
Long hours which include working throughout dinner and after hours in the hotel.