Investec Management reviews

4,0
High paced environment with a lot of political uncertainty.
Global Client Support Centre Banker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 March 2019
I got a good look at what a unique and taloyered product and service look like. Servicing the type of client Invest has was an eye opening experience.
Pros
Amazing name with high profile clients
Cons
Micro-management
Great Enviroment
Reconcilliations Administrators Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg20 May 2018
It was always face paced, and there was never a dull moment or moments where you feel there's nothing to do there was always work to keep you preoccupied which one of most things i enjoyed about working at Investec. I learnt indepence and pushing myself to my best capability, the management is very supportive and are there to assist with non work related issues.Culture is open honest dialogue, and open door policy, you can easily set up a meeting with COO.
The hardest, i would say the hours put in but this was ofcourse rewarded.What enjoyed most is that you were allowed the freedom to be your own boss an entepreneur.
Pros
Benefits such as shares
Great company culture overall
CSC Banker (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 November 2017
The company has a great culture overall, people are always willing to meet up with you and help. In terms of career advancement especially in the CSC space, it is up to management whether you can progress
Corporate Environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 April 2016
A typical day at work was productive.
I learned to be professional and work in a corporate environment.
Management was excellent.
Co-workers were helpful.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the corporate rules and requirements.
The most enjoyable part of my work was satisfying the facility managers.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Long traveling hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Creditors Clerk and back up scan operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP7 May 2015
Each day at Investec was always a day for me to lean something new. Management was always very helpful and would always take time to listen to any issues presented. Because of the excellent management, i experienced harmony in the team i worked with at the time. Investec employees know how to work and play hard.
3,0
Entrepreneurial spirit
Transaction Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP4 November 2014
A typical day at work is the management of the profile of lending deals I have.That can range between any finance and accounting and lending administration to credit and legal.
Some work hours are long and month end is hectic.You are remunerated for hard work but the company requires you to first prove yourself over 1 year or 6 months so until that time your salary isn't market related.The bonuses are worth it after your first year and receive lots of training or all type of skills whether it is personal or work related.
Pros
Training, no hierarchy, bonuses, Employee Assistance Program
Cons
Long hours, pressure, little change in salary for internal moves
Productive and Fun
Forex Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP30 August 2014
Its an awesome company to work for, great experience and exposure.
Excellent learning and development.
There is room for opportunity and growth
People are very friendly and will always assist when required.
Management is very understanding and reasonable during discussions within a boardroom as well as outside the boardroom
Pros
Oversights, breakfast, drinks etc
workplace and productivity
Payments Processor  (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP24 July 2013
a day full of lots of fun people , great culture ,great personality
management supports us with lots of issues
co worker help each other with lots work and life lessons

is meeting deadlines at the end of the month with lots of report to process

working with co workers and learning from each other , fun times at work encouragement
Pros
free drinks, coffee
Cons
holidays working
Overall a Great Company
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandton10 August 2012
Having been in the employ of Investec Bank Limited a typical day involved extensive CRM for the internal clients, and in the space where Investec Bank is with their business culture it is pinnacle that top quality and service is procured to the end users.

I learned so much from my peers and management which pushed me to advance my career into procurement!

The people at Investec are people - some are a little pretentious, however the majority are people who are team players, working collaboratively towards a common goal.

Having been with Investec for 10 years, it was a hard good-bye, however i needed to experience other companies, industries and see where my learning, experience and potential would take me.

I would go back in a heartbeat to the Facilties Management Family!
Pros
excellent collaboations with peers