IQVIA Employee Reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 1 454 reviews
5,0
Best company i worked for, never a dull moment. My day was busy from start to finish.
Clinical Lead (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 October 2019
I learned how to work with and manage global teams and how to rise above cultural differences.
The workplace culture was great for working remotely since it gave you the independence of working from your home.
4,0
Big company
Junior Statistical Programmer (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein19 June 2019
Big international company
Job security
Ability to relocate nationwide or internationally
Provided me with a good first salary in 2011
Had to work lots of overtime
Pros
good culture
1,0
Racist and unskilled management
Regulatory and Start-Up (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 March 2019
Progress in company depends on personal relationships instead of professionally. Managers will get rid of employee they perceive as difficult via hook or crook. Employment equatity does not exist. Bad reviews and ratings are reserved for black employees, wit racist managers. Huge gap in salary difference between black and white employees.

Most unhappy work environment.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits, low salary, no compensation for overtime
5,0
productive and fun work environment
Systems Support Analyst, IT Support Service (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State16 January 2019
They always showed me respect, and encouraged me to fulfill my best capabilities. I felt appreciated and rewarded.

Most of the other employees worked for the same goal, that is, completion of our project to the best attainable standard.
In order to do this, they provided us with the necessary updates of certificates, and encouraged those who could, to update their qualifications.

I have always received a high sense of satisfaction from working with them.
Pros
Great company to work for. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Cons
None, Even if you feel any cons here, company will work to fix it.
5,0
Fun place company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State24 April 2018
I had to be there first thing in the morning, log on the system, then check ensure that I take all incoming calls and check bookings for bourdrooms and take calls then take notes if the staff is not available and inform them to call clients that has called..
Pros
Good company
Cons
Short breaks
Personal issues
CRA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 March 2018
This company management makes work challenges a personal issue and then try their best and succeed from removing you from the company. A lot of favoritism. Learnt important work tools.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Managers' attitudes towards staff need to change and be fair and equal.
Good place to start
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 November 2017
Good place to start and learn - After gaining 3-4 years experience remember to move to better CRO's and Sponsors. IQVIA is the largest CRO definitely not the best.

A company that focuses on quantity and not on quality
Pros
Learn a lot as you are thrown in the deep end, commuter package, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits (medical aid, pension, car allowance); Over Worked; Long hours; There is bias with promotions
Relaxed environment, worst compensation
Clinical Trial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion1 November 2017
More focused on increasing headcount than paying employees a fair salary.

Not much room for growth.

Management is close knit and there’s a lot of favoritism with friends getting jobs and being promoted.
2,0
My team was great to work with
As a Project Management Analyses would organize meetings with vendors, customers and our internal team. Makes sure that the my collage below me were giving me their report and updates on time. Needed Analyse reports and address the team.
Pros
Very much enjoyed the field I was working in.
Cons
Always would have a layout each day of my task and what needed to be accomplished that day
Productive and Fun place
Analytic Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng15 February 2017
Duties:

clinical trials.
Prepare TB samples for DNA extraction.
Recording information using QLIMS. Testing drugs in patients’ urine.
Safely disposing biological waste accumulated in the laboratory.
Operating autoclave machine, DNA counter machine, centrifuge and microscope(scanning, transmission and light).
Cleaning biological safety cabinet and benches with trigene and 70% alcohol.
Stunning company
Associate Director Global Learning (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng18 October 2016
Sad that I left due to organisational restructure as it is outstanding company with career opportunity and growth. Nice Global market and challenging work environment.
Challenging, dynamic company.
Medical Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa13 September 2016
A typical day is fast paced, ever changing, challenging that encompasses many platforms and aspects of the business, one is always having to be 2 steps ahead.
I have learned and grown in many facets that span the operational functions through to business development, finance, strategy as well as the scientific and clinical functions of this company.
Management spans many continents and skill sets.
My co-workers are all highly skilled, driven individuals who have all been key in contributing to the ultimate success of this company.
The hardest part is to retain skilled staff and build a workforce of individuals who have been with the company for extended periods to ensure a strong knowledge and expertise pool.
I love people, I enjoy mentoring and growing people and watching them excel and become the best they can be.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Limited Resources
1,0
Compensation
Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng20 April 2016
The company underpays us and that demoralizes us.

Growth in the organization is very slow for me.

I still experience some segregation.

Personally, I have experienced the race line card.
Pros
Flexing
Very Productive
Proposal Developer (Former Employee) –  Home based office5 April 2016
Learned to priorities and be organised, worked with wonderful people and loved clinical research. Most hardest part of the job was struggling to get organise a meeting with colleagues from abroad as everybody was scattered between US, EU etc.
Senior Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State4 March 2016
The Company is driven through sales and deadlines . Fun place to work . Motivates personnel and very lean to help improve life work balance.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Team player
Assistant Clinical Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartbeespoort, NW30 January 2016
learned so much from the Research Pharmaceutical company but when you have a family it does put strain as I making daily deadlines becomes challenging. We have deadlines that we have to meet and we work as a team to help each other. I have learnt to work as a team. I have learnt to put my differences aside and concentrate on the job that we have to do. Most enjoyable part is meeting your deadlines with accurate results.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long after hours with no work life balance
2,0
Underpayed employees and underskilled management.
Clinical Data Coordinator CDC (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, FS2 September 2015
Quintiles is a big company with more employees, however I feel management is not skilled enough to create growth opportunities for the employees within the company. there is also a racial barrier in terms of who gets a better rating or promotion. Employees are not treated equally.
Pros
Flexing.
Cons
salary very little with lots of work, no company benefits except for 13th cheque
3,0
Global teams make the enviroment interesting and challenging
Senior Manager, Global Operations (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 April 2015
High pressured environment. If you dedicated and driven you will successed in the environment. Global teams make the enviroment interesting and challenging
Pros
Global
4,0
This has been a golden experience in my life with Quintiles since I have learned what a corporate environment is all about through them
Clinical Data Coordinator (CDC) (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, FS26 February 2015
A typical day at work will be consisting of raising database queries and issues to clinical sites and data reconciliation on database. I have learned how to use different databases, how to use a computer, how to organise meetings via Microsoft Outlook. I have also learned how to manage my work and preventing possible backlogs by working long hours to make sure all deliverables are cleared. My co-workers have been more than a team for me as we covered each one's work in their absentia to prevent work from piling up. The hardest part of the job was when one needed to concentrate long hours on a computer when approaching the deadline of a clinical study. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had successfully locked up a study with minimal database errors. This boosted us with a lot of confidence and optimism ahead of new clinical studies.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Cons
This job at times required long hours with extensive concentration
Dynamic workplace- career development
Clinical Research Associate 2 (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 January 2015
There are deadlines to meet but there is alot of guidance and support. This is a great company to work for in terms of career development and growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IQVIA. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8