Ithala Employee Reviews

Proffessional and well organised
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 September 2016
I've learned so many interesting things there,my duties was filling, take cash deposits, withdrawals, to check forged notes, data capturing, emailing, faxing, photocopying, providing bank statements and do money transfers.
Management was so tough, my hardest time at work its was when I faced with rude clients.
Pros
free lunchs on weekends
Cons
normal hours
3,0
Productive and fun workplace
Debit Card Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 September 2016
a day is usually filled with each days activities some are routine and some new are new
I have learnt to work independently and find solutions for my problems
I have learnt with to work in unity with my colleagues and to each other required tasks and treat each other as internal clients/customers
sometimes there are too many limitations
the office environment
5,0
Treasury management, customer service and administration support to collegues
Support services officer (Current Employee) –  KZN, Nongoma5 January 2016
Ensuring that cash levels are adequate for the branch to operate.
authorisation of transaction that require approval from supervisors.
Making business decisions.
Balancing of teller and treasury accounts at the end of day.
Pros
housing and medical aid subsidy
5,0
Hard worker, Professional, communicate at all levels
Executive Personal Assistant to Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Durban10 April 2013
My day is always busy.
I've learned to work as a team.
I manage my Manager's daily diary.
I assist my co-workers with admin requirements such as stationery.
The Year-end Financial Statement Report are the hardest of my job.
Helping the clients and my co-workers is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
i have a normal lunch hour like my co-workers
Cons
i normally have long working hours during the year-end or if there is a workload.
4,0
Ithala is very productive.We always put ourselves in the customers shoes and deliver exceptional service all the time.Fun at ithala is what keeps the
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithala Port Shepstone23 March 2013
Ithala is very productive provincial bank in this country.It has assisted a lot of small businesses in KZN.
Our mandate is to uplift and assist the community of KZN.
We are committed to providing financial solutions to our customers through excellent customer service.
Most of our clients are previously unbanked and illiterate senior people of KZN.
It feels great every day knowing that you have changed or contributed to someones life.
Our management is very supportive.
Spirit is always very high on staff.
Most of the challenges that we experience are the ones that are experiences by the whole industry.
We uphold our values which is :
RESPECT
INNOVATION
INTERGRITY
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and
EMPOWERMENT.
Pros
staff is well looked after.
Mentally challenging, Target driven
Regional Secretary (Current Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu Natal21 February 2013
My day is hard to predict, it depends on the crisis/matter at hand. This is the part i enjoy there is no time to be bored or not being challenged. I have learned that hard work yields recognition and career growth. Though it might not seem so when you are sweating it out. Learned to get along with everyone, no need to be buddies, but civil so that work is not hindered. j
Hardest part is when you have to wait for two weeks just to have one submission signed so that a branch can have full staff compliment.
Watching a struggling branch grow from strength to strength, developing tools that will assist 15 branches to work effectively.
Pros
flexible environment
Cons
lengthy process for job upward movement
productive and busy days
teller (Current Employee) –  empangeni21 September 2012
a typical day at Ithala is the pay day because we have to much clients and we somtimes knock off late

i have learned to work with different kinds of people and always listen before you answer because some of our client ant educated so you have to listen carefully.
management is always supportive and they always motivate staff so that they can do their duties well.

at our branch we work as a team, although athere those days where you dont see eye to eye but we always remind each other that guys we are a family.

the hardest part of the job is where you have to balance the cash and its not balancing then you reconcile thats where difficult comes and when the client claims that you have stolen their money.
the most enjoyable is working with people and have some views from different people and sometimes they gave us advises.
Pros
we are not allowed to take any bribe from clients
Cons
only on busy days