Jacaranda FM

Jacaranda FM Employee Reviews

Fun place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Midrand5 July 2018
Working at Jacaranda FM was an amazing experience, the culture amongst the staff was fun and humbling.
The management style was not so great, working in the marketing department should be more fun and the marketing manager should atleast be fun, creative and be a leader not a boss.

The salary was not great, staff had to constantly motivate to get what they deserve. Meanwhile the management made the staff feel like they should be grateful for whatever given to them as there are many people banging on their doors wanting to work at Jacaranda FM.
Pros
Free tickets to events
Cons
Inaccurate briefs and unreasonable deadlines
Working at Jacaranda FM
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng25 October 2017
Working at Jacaranda FM was a lot of fun. We pulled off some amazing events and I learned a lot about myself and the media industry while I was there.
The salary was not amazing and I found myself always having to motivate for why I needed to get paid overtime which was something I was not comfortable with.
As a marketing team, we struggled a lot with our manager, she was not a bad person but her management style was not something I was happy or comfortable with.

The lessons I learned while at Jacaranda is something I will always cherish and as I company, I feel that they have potential to grow bigger and be better than their counterparts.
Pros
Free tickets to events
Cons
Not enough money
Casual and fun workplace
Radio Presenter (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 November 2016
Jacaranda FM is the biggest independent radio station in SA.
The personnel at Jaca are a mix of corporate and creative that makes for a dynamic work environment. The radio station works extremely hard at turning out high volumes of quality content for both the clients and listeners.
3,0
productive, fast and diverse working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  johannesburg9 November 2015
i started as a receptionist and then go promoted to the marketing department,

with reception was fantastic meeting celebrities welcoming them and notifying the relevant persons of their arrival, ordering coffees and teas, booking meeting rooms and doing alot of admin work.

marketing and events coordinator was a total shift it taught me to work under pressure and meeting dealines, i did station events and also for clients who were advertising on air, administration was also a part of my duties, ordering promotional items and merchandise,
i also worked on the branding of the vehicle to promote our brand.
Pros
commercial working environment and you learn a lot
Cons
last minute and not consist briefs
4,0
Intern Journalist (Former Employee) –  Midrand5 June 2014
Trust , Ownership , Teamwork, Discipline, Attitude, Respect diversity and accounatbilty is key in this line of business. Management entrust you with branches and staff to maximise business objectives and profit through the above element. Teamwork plays a vital role here no one works in isolation. Seeing satisfied clients and achieving excellence in all given targets
Pros
Incentive