Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 5 992 reviews
5,0
Great Company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape12 January 2020
Entrepreneurs value employees who are constantly striving to make themselves better—having a more skilled team leads to a better company. I love when my employees say, ‘I want to learn more about this,’ or ‘I really think I could help the company by moving into this area.’ It’s up to each employee to figure out how he or she can be best utilized in a growing company.
5,0
Working in a office environment
Work and site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 November 2019
Working with Johnson Controls was a great experience for me and I am very proud to be a part of the team and I am very excited about the future, working with the same tipe of company. I have learned a lot
Great opportuninty to develop
Technical Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg23 July 2019
A large corporation that has a lot to offer. Every day has new opportunities to learn and develop in technology and personally.
In order to be the best, I challenged myself to put meaningful content into a technical training course and making the learning environment enjoyable and memorable.
Not only was I involved with technical training, but also presenting to end users on solutions and to assist in closing deals.
My job description also involved solution sales training and advanced services such as end user technical training and system commissioning.
Productive and fun workplace
Manufacturing Manager - Rosslyn Plant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 March 2019
In control of and managing the following different department.
Meet established objectives in operating systems.
In charge of the departments: nissan interior and outside contracts; nissan jit seat assembly; maintenance; quality; process; engineering and production.
Pros
Medical aid, Cell phone, Pension fund
unfair and straining
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 March 2019
it was a difficult job for me because the person that i was working with was a female and she was dating my supervisor so most of the time they would go out and leave me with most of the work.
Pros
it was not far from where i live
Cons
it was straining
5,0
Financial Accountant/IT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 November 2018
Lots ofChallenges
UNIX, MFGPRO, Logistics
Good management team
Great workplace culture. Friendly people always willing to assist
Learning the JIT system
Working with OEM's with IT issues
Pros
Benefits, Good Team
5,0
A great organisation to work for who believe in work and employee well being.
Country Security Manager on the IBM account (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 September 2018
Dedicated regional management team. High level involvement in all tasks associated wth the account. Focused on client satisfaction and overall well being.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Delays in mplpementing plans
1,0
Very fun working place cause we had so many forklift drivers
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng8 May 2018
We have work for this company under contract basis and our contracts stipulates very clearly that we are not going to be taken on a permanent base so it was don't even have words to describe had I felt about such situation.
Pros
When working over time
Cons
When doing stock take
4,0
Productive and professional
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng30 January 2018
Johnson Controls introduced me to the facilities management industry. Their systems and processes were thorough and training was excellent in terms of facilities management industry and health and safety
productive and hard
Operator (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape23 January 2018
Johnson Controlls was a lovely place to work. We that has worked there build a strong bond between each other over the years we were there, but sadly we had to close down due to lost of bussiness.
Good company
Had to leave due to a bad divorce that I went through. Great team. Good integrity. Long working hours but worth it. HSE is the best in EL I think.
Good company good experience
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  SA26 July 2017
Learned a lot. Company provides different work sites work experiences. Good to learn and to do our skills. Helps us to improve our skills. Conducting training programmes. Very good platform for an employee
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Healthcares
3,0
Good leadership that provides an emotional healthy work environment this crops back high productivity
Senior Refrigeration Technician. (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 July 2017
Toolbox talk opens each day. Discussions about the unsafe conditions, acts that the team observed the previous day. Jobs get delegated to members, the plane takes off.
Pros
Good performance vouchers sometimes.
Cons
Travelling to countries not very safe.
inservice training (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, Gauteng7 June 2017
The company offers a variety of opportunities and it enhances one's skills. A very well established company to work for and expand knowledge.
Managing workflow process
Keeping the SOPs in check
Excellent management in place
The company provides employees with a lot of opportunities to learn
Productive and busy workplace
Seat builder (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 May 2017
It is a busy environment which require focus and dedication from an individual.

I work hard when under pressure because always i know the importance of my job requirement so i can survive well during a typical day at work.
Pros
Cons
Requested to work over time at some days
4,0
Enjoyed working at JCI
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwa1 May 2017
A typical day was speaking with customers and interacting with Management and co-workers. A nice place to work. I worked with great individuals that provided me the skills to move forward in my career.
5,0
Productive and fun as well as helpfull workplace
Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  Uitenhage, Eastern Cape5 April 2017
A typical day at work would be one of hard work and fun.Colleagues are also there to help when you cannot complete everything in a day.Culture of hardwork and dedication to job.
Pros
Perfect working hours
Cons
Take very long to employ employees as permanent
Productive workplace, cultural diverse
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 March 2017
Johnson Controls is an international company with good employee benefits and has diverse culture among the employees and clients. Through all the challenges I faced it has been a good experience.
Very Good Company to work for
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng20 February 2017
We take pride in making Johnson Controls a vibrant, rewarding place to work. Our secret? The power of our people. Our leaders are authentic and passionate. They embrace new ideas, foster collaboration and make our employees’ experience the best it can be. And our workforce includes a diverse group of creative talent from around the world. Learn more about why Johnson Controls is a great place to work
Pros
Free lunches for staff if there is work shops and trainings
Cons
Normal working Hours
No teamwork
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 October 2016
There was nothing nice about this company. The management is cruel and have no remorse and does not respect people's views. When you oppose the company way of thinking you get fired.
Pros
No Free lunchs
Cons
Long Ours