Kantar Employee Reviews

Boring and stressful
Field worker ic (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 September 2019
Working there without benefits.so meaning you not safe and no work no pay that's another story,you only do 3 interviews per week there's no gaurantee that you will have money month end hence am no longer working.And employing incompetent supervisors it's another story for the company Kantor.Everything changes since the company changed into Kantar because I was working the time it was Millward Brown.also things changed after them merging with other companies
5,0
Is good working environment and a very exciting place to be problem is a commission based work
driver code 8 and fieldworker (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo26 June 2019
We travel a lot see places what I like about the job we interview different people eachday my dislike is that is a commission based work know benefits
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
These no limited hours
5,0
Working at millwardbrown its a good experiance,we work as a team to meet deadline and we respect our work and each ither
Field interviewer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Rivonia21 January 2019
It's a good company to work for,you learn,they take good care of their employees full time and part time,they are willing to listen to us as employees
Pros
Free lancer
Cons
We work when we have project so we don't have specify working hours
progressive working environment
Junior Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rivonia, Sandton24 September 2018
Ideal working environment for young job seekers. Working experience is vast and allows for training on the job. Remuneration is average market value but personal growth is constant.
Pros
social committee
Cons
long hours, minimal pay
2,0
Perfect if you want spending money
Marketing Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Vaal Triangle, Gauteng26 January 2018
If you want to make a living from this job it is hard work long hours and little money. Yes you work mostly in your own time but to make a life for yourself you need to be working non stop and it is commission only based.
Pros
Do not need to beg for time of
Cons
No work no pay
3,0
Work hard and play hard environment
Senior Project Manager - Qualitative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 November 2017
My job entails overseeing projects that are currently in field. Making sure that all preps are done and my project coordinators are ready.

I have learnt that working as a team helps a lot in keeping clients happy and getting the job done. The culture at TNS is "work hard and play hard".

Employees are rewarded really well for going the extra mile.

The hardest part of my job would be the long hours, especially this time of the year as all clients are expecting their results before their companies close for the year and for their financial year budgets.

The most enjoyable part is working with new clients and new projects all the time. It is always exciting to present results and see happy clients at the end of a project.
Pros
Bonding sessions and team buildings
Cons
Lond hours
Learning, Fun and productive
research field (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 November 2017
It had a good working environment. Teaches you to work under pressure and how to communicate better with people. Flexible hours of work is what I enjoyed the most and the travelling it gave connecting with different people all the time and getting to hear different views from them.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
N\a
5,0
Millward Brown has thought and trained me to be a confident and smart women
Market Research (Current Employee) –  Rivonia, Gauteng4 July 2017
Their rates are not so bad. I just feel sometimes they should recognize our potential and what we go through to make sure we beat deadlines. Also petrol allowance on bussiness surveys and some kind of bonus at the end of the year😉

Other than that I enjoy working for this dynamic company... the only reason I'm looking for additional work is that we are very quite and I have bills to pay.
Pros
Recognized ....and never let us down on salary...always on time
Cons
Work cut down to like 60%
Productive and fun workplace
Field worker (Current Employee) –  Rivonia, Gauteng26 May 2017
Opportune place to grow
Great working environment
Innovative working methods
Sharing of knowledge and skills
The company embraces talent and gives opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great relationship with senior staff
Productive, Professional
Script Validation (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Foreshore,11 May 2017
I love the work environment at Kantar TNS. The reason I am looking at getting a new job is to have something stable as a permanent position with good benefits.
nice environment
Confirmations Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 April 2017
It is a very professional company to work for ,however I am not a permanent staff member so I don't have any benefits.
Management always shows their appreciation towards their staff.
The company in general is a very nice place to work at-lovely atmosphere.
I think the downfall of the company is that there is not really much growth in certain departments.
Pros
free parties
Cons
no growth
Hard working
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rivonia, Gauteng11 April 2017
You work hard to earn a living and not easy money. Back up from management is there when needed but you need to have a huge information database of people to interview. Deadlines is rough and commission per interview is average
client focused
Research Executive (Brand Strategy Consulting) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng7 April 2017
team oriented

results driven

deadline is a daily discussion

driving insights into Central Africa

Providing relevant brand strategy

teams work in silos a lot of the time
5,0
Productive work place and fun working there
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Gauteng30 March 2017
Its a great company to work for and The experience and knowledge I have from them was so innovative and exciting and challenging too, And the culture of the company was so amazing and very uplifting.
Pros
Month end updates
Cons
working weekends
Productive and fun workplace
Coder/Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2017
Good work environment! Very flexible as far as your hours and days off. Always something to be done and stay busy. Numerous projects going on at all times. Most of them are contract jobs but last for a long period of time. Every project is different and has different expectations.i had the pleasure of working for two great managers there.
I was also surrounded by good employees. they always found a lot a work to keep busy and that is how i like it.Data capturing for this organisation was informative and eye opening
Staff were great assisting where help was needed
Management approachable.All I can say by myself is that I am hard worker. I also love to learn something new every day. I believe that team work is very important and strong.
5,0
Millwardbrown is a big company
field worker (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 January 2017
I enjoye working for Millwardbrown it has a lot of project and it offers trainings for individual improvement . They have a BEE status
They alow the stuff to grow
They collect quality data for their clients
Quality
Senior Quality Assurance Excutive (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng17 January 2017
It was a new space but have grew and learned so much in the business and grow as individuals in my career. The culture I love d the people management
productive and innovative
field worker (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 April 2016
as a field worker i was required to find any random person whether at home, at the mall or on the streets,interview them about a certain product using a questioner.
Pros
non
Cons
non
n/a
Market Research (Former Employee) –  Gauteng2 November 2015
This was were I developed in many areas. It was a brilliant company to work for. I had alot of expose to implementation af different software. Management was good. I loved my projects that I worked with
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Tough and changing environment
Junior Research Executive (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC15 July 2014
A tough industry to break into regarding the amount expected and required in order to fulfill a single days commitments to not only company but more importantly clients.

An environment conducive to extreme challenges faced within project management and the flow of project resources. Thus converting the process of project management to that of one of crisis management.

Management was unfortunately short staffed much like all our departments as we were a branch office that dealt with major clients in Cape Town. Employees who were more than proficient in their previous positions were promoted to higher levels that required other processes from them that they were not sufficiently trained to handle amicably. This essentially impacted on their work that they were previously comfortable handling, but due to the new requirements of the position have now found that once prior simple task have now become more complicated (too much too soon).

I found that my co workers were all hard workers and determined to derive the best result from their staff and supporting departments for their clients. Long hours (with minimal incentive) may have caused harder and more uncomfortable working environments as the work/life scale was disproportionate. I found that I was overwhelmed y multiple processes and was not provided the correct training and initial environment to understand what was expected of me. Communication between my management tiers was not easy as we were all engulfed in our processes that we assumed all is well. Being a remote branch form Johannesburg and the world intensified
  more... the lack of interpersonal communication and flow of responsibilities. Handling different departments such as field or dispatch was difficult as we waited in line for other jobs or communications were rendered helpless.

I enjoyed the hard working environment I was exposed to, it provided me with a solid foundation to understanding interpersonal and departmental communication and the value of understanding every single person's and employee's responsibility and position in the company. Being allowed to see how to manage ever tiers expectations and to become flexible and adapt to changes in the process. Most of important to become problem and solution driven with a dynamic and flexible approach.
Pros
Intense and difficult challenges and sporadic changes in environment
Cons
Extensially Long Hours with minimal compensation or incentive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kantar. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7