KELVIN GROVE CLUB

KELVIN GROVE CLUB Employee Reviews

Customer service orientated
As a waitress you need to listen carefully to customers requests and relay the specific information to the kitchen staff. Always be neat and friendly.
5,0
Great place to learn
It is a really good establishment for an individual to learn, as well as to be nurtured in the industry.
With the vast variety of outlets which caters for every person's requirements.
5,0
Fun workplace.
Interacting with members of three club
Serving the members fresh food

Smiling all day.

Getting transport home at night.

Meeting celebrities.

Hardest part of the job working 14 - 16 hours.
Pros
Free lunches and extra money
Nice place to work on
Kelvin Grove is the company for people, you go there know nothing but at end they give you something, they can provide learnship for you as they usually do. Its a nice company for people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Night shifts
Fun work place
I enjoyed working there, meeting exiting people coming from different walks of life to just dine and have fun,it was fun and very busy, but enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Shot lunch brakes
Kelvin Grove Club
I worked at Kelvin Grove Club for quite some years and I can honestly say that I have truly enjoyed working there. I was given opportunities to advance myself through courses and study - all paid for by the company and was encouraged to study and better myself.

Kelvin Grove Club is a members driven club, with committees in place to work with the management to achieve the best results possible for the members of the club.

I really enjoyed working with the members and the committee members, we achieved a lot. I also worked with a fantastic team that I truly miss working with.

I enjoyed the special relationship with the Stormers and WP Rugby. The rugby and the Cricket next door to the club give the place a special feel on the match days with lots and lost of fans gathering at the club before and after the games.

My typical day involved dealing with staff issues, checking on the various outlets and managers, meeting with committee members and the GM. Banqueting is an important part of the club's income and I spent time ensuring the events ran properly. Lots of interaction with the members and keeping an eye on the standard of work of the team members. I also thought it important to uplift my team by explaining the departmental finances and making sure that they understood and took responsibility for their own areas.
Pros
Lots of interaction with members and the Rugby and Cricket related events.
Cons
Long hours but satisfying
Pressured Environment
Working within the office planning and coordinating functions within the club.
Conducting weekly function sheets and chefs reports for the relevant departments.

The club lacked team involvement with poor managing departments.

I worked alongside the Banqueting Managers running the events as well as planning them in the office.
Pros
Networking opportunities
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KELVIN GROVE CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.
4,3