Komatsu Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at Komatsu
Metallurgy Intern (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 September 2019
Komatsu was a lovely experience for me. I was exposed to every thing with regard to my field and not limited at all. It was great to have exposure at a manufacturing company because I had to deal with different situation to solve.
4,0
There is future for young people.
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 August 2019
The offer a lot of Training.The are many friendly people especially on the floor.The chances of promotion are huge.So the future is bright with komatsu.
4,0
Gained a lot of experience
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape, South Africa3 April 2019
New opportunities to expand my knowledge,Good management.Working hours can get long at times. Great diversity in working environment. Competitive salary.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
very nice company to work for
Field service technician (Current Employee) –  secunda27 February 2019
we are working in a very friendly way, the working hours is not to much. i learned to work under ground and you must think about safety before you do any work.
Good working environment
Komatsu has a development plan for current employees and has a bursary for employees who are willing to further their studies (which include financial assistance for the employee`s children)
Pros
yes once after every quater
Cons
40 - 45 hours a week
Productive and meet deadlines
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 August 2018
Provide the opportunity to grow within the organisation and provide training and development.
Management understand needs of the workers
The organisation is more production orientated.
working to meet production deadlines in the short space of time
I have enjoyed working as acting team leader on the absent of the team leader
Pros
Working as team
Cons
Worrking in the long hours to meet production deadlines
4,0
Took great care of their staff
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Isando, Gauteng16 May 2018
Although the admin office space was outdated when I arrived, it was updated during my time there, from open plan desks grouped together to tiny cubicles which weren't well chosen by management.
Staff were treated well and encouraged to study with a subsidy from the company.
Office staff were often at conflict with each other, or the subject of gossip, which wasn't always pleasant to work in or to conducive foster friendships with.
Pros
Cake and pizza once a month
Cons
Lack of good mid-level management
4,0
Fun and a lot of learning capability
Product Support (Former Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape19 April 2018
A day at work started with safety meetings, management meetings and machine inspections where after communicating with artisans
It was exiting to further my knowledge regarding earth moving equipment
We had a great management team which I was grateful to be part of
The worst and hardest part of the work was the intense heat
The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day tasks of communicating with the mine and keep the equipment in a tip top condition and reaching daily targets
Pros
The whole job was a pro
Cons
The Heat
4,0
Salary was good that time
Earthmoving mechanic (Former Employee) –  Postmansburg8 April 2018
I did work on loaders,, dozers, and trucks, the experience was good and it was learning full. The company did send me for training and courses. It was a good experience for me to learn something new.
Pros
1 hours
Cons
8hours
Good people, great experience
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape15 March 2018
One of the best company's I have ever worked for. Meeting awesome people as it is a international company. Learned a lot, great experience. Gives you the freedom to express yourself.
safe place to work for
pssr (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga21 November 2017
Since i started working for the company the past nine years i have being given a fair opportunity.

i have being trained locally and international in order to better our knowledge.
Pros
allowances
Cons
normal hours
Productive and busy
Safety Officer & Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga30 October 2017
not one day is the same at Komatsu, busy all day but all in all the workplace is good and productive, friendly staff and good environment. Komatsu puts safety first
Pros
Free coffee and tee
Productive and fun workplace
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga14 October 2017
Daily task is to be given a task to go and service earth moving machines on the field or different mines around the area,what i learn is to be able to attend different types of earth moving machines,we use to do on-line training to improve our skills on different areas of our field of work.
Productive leadership
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wadeville, Johannesburg13 September 2017
I spendmost of time designing jigs, rectifying process by lean methods, executing CAPEX, ordering tools,equipment and participating in meetings.

My knowledge is extended to be a valuable asset at Komatsu. the qualifications are as follows: MBA (in Progress), Postgraduate diploma in business management, B-Tech Mechanical, Diploma Mechanical nd yellow belt for Lean Six sigma. Computer literacy: MS package, SAP (ERP), Autodesk (2D and 3D), ms projects and visio.

The culture in this organization is mostly continuous working irregardless of any obstacles. The firm is over 2000 people and all have one common goal, making the customer happy.

the hardest part is when there is breakdowns. i personally serve 3 departments as a process engineer and is very difficult to coupe as the workloads become very large.

The most enjoyable part is when we reach targets for sales, productivity, safety and so forth. That makes me to be delighted as my inputs are valued within the firm.
Pros
Braai
Cons
overtime
4,0
This is a great company, it is the merge of company's that created the instability and uncertanty
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng4 July 2017
Your typical day will be planned and 90% work related in your field. There are many field and learning opportunity is great to widen once's field of expertise.
Some managers are not fit for the position but this will fall in place as soon as the people are are settled in the new structures following the merge between all companies.
Culture is all over the place currently due to merge but will settle and people will enjoy going to work in few months.
Prouctive
welder (Current Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng22 May 2017
Working in this company is not fun. It is quite a reputable company that is doing exceptional except working long hours for a decent salary. Great team of staff.
Pros
Nothing is for free
Cons
Long Hours
2,0
Typical Workplace
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga22 May 2017
Work hard to please all the different managers. Not always sure who to report to. Great challenges. Always something new to learn. Easy to talk to senior management.
4,0
Great company to work for
Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng19 May 2017
Attending to emails and phone calls
Managing consultations for minor ailments
Prescribing and dispensing medication
Medical surveillance
Occupational hygiene management
Emergency care and management
COID admin and management
Daily health and safety meetings
Meetings with first aiders and peer educators
Admin, ordering and report writing
5,0
Productive and fun to work there
Apprentice millwright (Former Employee) –  Wadeville, Gauteng10 May 2017
I have been there since 11 august 2014 until now,I have been training as a millwright apprentice and recently qualified as a millwright.Joy global deals with machinery for coal mines,they build continues miner,shuttle cars,Battery haulers and Sheerer.
Pros
Free vouchers if you are the employee of the month
4,0
Always busy working, learned to work under pressure and to manage time as well as prioritising the jobs needed to be done finishing with a big job
earthmoving mechanic (Former Employee) –  Piketberg10 April 2017
Love to work when there is pressure
Learned how prioritise while working
Care about how far the jobs are
Sometimes stressful
No workshop tools
Working in harmony
Pros
Always working in harmony
Cons
Arguing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Komatsu. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9