L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 3 408 reviews
Lancôme Beauty Advisor
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Easley, SC2 December 2019
Working for Lancôme was an enriching and fulfilling experience. I was able to bring happiness to my clients and elevated their sense of confidence which was very rewarding for me.
Great Work Environment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL20 September 2019
I love working for NYX. Its a fun and caring work environment that allows you to express your creativity and an easy job when you do what you love ! The company also makes you feel valued.
Great environment
YSL Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Macys herald square15 September 2019
Learned so much about sales, customer service, and product knowledge. One of my favorite places that I have worked. It was a very fast-paced it was a great challenge that brought new things to a job daily.
working with Makeup
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  YYZ28 August 2019
*superior organizational and time management skills
*build relationships and influence others
*lead by example
*flexible schedule
*anticipate and solve problems
5,0
Fast-paced and fun working environment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yves Saint Laurent23 July 2019
I really enjoy working at Loreal, I love fast-paced environments and to be always on the go and working as a Beauty Advisor in one of Loreal Brands - Yves Saint Laurent provides me with just that, that's why there is not a day where working is boring I am looking forward to going back to work each day.
No room for advancement
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI29 March 2019
The job itself wasn't too bad. The people you work with can make or break a work environment and in my personal experience, the people I worked with were very rude and selfish.
Pros
Meet great clients
Cons
Vain, competitive
fun to work
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  București8 March 2019
excellent for a first job or a part time job, pay is good but you never know when the campaign are ending and if you are going to be selected for future ones.
Pros
flexible hours
4,0
Good
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra28 January 2019
All loreal staff are good behavior I got lots of fun with experience in loreal i just love this brand all time favorite brand I recommend loreal comsmetic for everyone
Pros
1 hour
Cons
11 to 8 pm
2,0
boring
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire16 January 2019
poor pay, boring , high pressure , low team moral , free products being the only pro. c omission based on targets but targets unachieveable . pressure and no social life with a very poor wage
Productive work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TN7 January 2019
I enjoy the personal interaction with customers. I have always been a people person, always want the customer to be happy and satisfied with their experience at our store.
A fun place to work .
Macy's Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bucks County, PA3 January 2019
The sales goals were high but achievable with good customer relationships. Sometimes hindered by lack of inventory.

Lancôme had excellent training seminars to help learn the products and the best way to sell to customers.
Pros
Free new seasonal products
Cons
Lack of inventory would lose sales.
beautiful
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines10 December 2018
We were trained to be the best and stay the best. Understanding the brand and keeping the standards made us perform and deliver top results.Gaining clients trusts was our priority.
Fun Job
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Norfolk Naval Station, VA3 November 2018
I loved working with this company, I got the chance to get to know people and make a difference. Many people come to a makeup counter for help, I got the chance to many makeovers and see people light up when they realized they were beautiful. Its incredibly rewarding.
2,0
tough
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol8 October 2018
Little flexibility from company but employee expected to be fully flexible and make changes to work reschedule and days off without notice. The Job itself is great but not very well managed and organised, I have come to realise that this is to be expected in retail.
trending work environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 August 2018
edgy brand with a classic background, beautiful products and iconic fragrances. fell pat of something when working for them and great training and product knowledge
4,0
productive and fast paced environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 July 2018
great people
hard work
competitive
great pay
access to great products and discounts
energetic
positive work flow
fast paced
good food
fast paced learning
3,0
it was a productive and good working place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Romania Bucharest24 July 2018
i learned more about cosmetics industry and i developed myself both proffesionally and personally.I also attended several make-up trainings with well know make-up artists from Romania
Pros
bonuses for sales
Cons
was not a very crowded location i worked in
Unpleasant beginning
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CA17 July 2018
Very unfriendly demeanor but that was mainly by management at the specific location I worked at. I do not believe that all L'oreal locations are run the same.
Pros
Free makeup sometimes
Cons
Long shifts, no breaks
Stay away
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 May 2018
I was hired as a beauty advisor to work on this counter. I was probably one out of about 5 people in the entire beauty department who was even a qualified makeup artist. The counter is always extremely quiet, and as a young millennial, I worked my butt off to draw customers over to the counter, running my own events, but got no recognition for it. My probation period ended, and resulted in me staying permanently. I was given a target to meet with the counter in terms of money, they wanted to push me a little harder. This was just a casual conversation. I then unfortunately fell really ill and could not work for a number of weeks, when i returned to work. I was told that because I did not take as much money on the counter as they wanted, they had to terminate my contract. They also said "that before I fell ill, they had extended my probation period and if I did not meet the desired targets that they would have to terminate my contract" Now, A. this conversation never took place, nor did they ask me to sign anything agreeing to the extended probation time, so I had no idea what they were talking about because they had never said this to me. B. Whilst I was off ill, of course I couldn't of pushed the counter to it's highest potential, and meet the targets they wanted. So in the end they terminated my contract. I was treated like dirt on the bottom of someone's shoe. Stay away people.
Pros
shifts were short with the opening and closing times, therefore i could get out there asap
4,0
A wonderful place to work
Counter Manager and Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC26 February 2018
I was offered many opportunities to refine my skills as a sales person and as a makeup artist. I was also offered opportunities to grow as a manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1