L'Oreal USA Employee Reviews for Makeup Artist

5,0
Very fun and exciting work environment
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 July 2018
L’Oreal treats their employees very good, fair and with amazing discounts. During Harvey, they were very attentive and caring for their employees. They made sure we were very well taking care off and got paid for it. Overall they’re amazing!
Pros
Discounts
Good foot in the door
-Artistic
-No commission
-Loss of hours
-Speaking with customers
Pros
Good environment
Cons
loss of hours, poor managment
5,0
Great company to work for
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN26 February 2018
Fast paced, I enjoyed meeting new clients daily and giving good customer service. Great company to work for, always room for growth and expansion. Competitive pay
Fun, fast pace
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA16 January 2018
Amazing people to work with. It's fun and we help each other out during the work day. Management is caring and understanding, but very well organized and they know exactly what they are doing. I love meeting and working with new people with each new event I have worked.
Pros
free lunch, goodie bags at the end of our event, meeting new people
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet
2,0
Don't apply
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL3 January 2018
Barely hours and we barely have a big team, expect a lot 3 hour shifts INCLUDING holiday season. Before I left I was working there for about a year and still haven't gotten a raise, management is VERY lazy, barely help you on the floor when needed, although I love what I do but I highly wouldn't recommend!
Pros
Discounts on makeup
Cons
No hours, no raise, poor management
Worked as a temp makeup artist for Urban Decay
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV11 August 2017
I loved this job! Great money and pay, lots of free products and excellent people to work with. I was only a temp freelancer so I could not stay on permanently, but I aspire to work for Loreal in the future as a full time employee.
1,0
A horrible company to work for
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  California9 July 2017
unfair distribution of hours. lazy management. low morale. unfair compensation. below minimum wage. no growth within the company (specifically NYX). poor customer service. would never recommend.
4,0
Artistic environment that keeps you on your feet
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  DC Metro area26 June 2017
I work as a makeup artist and it is a lot of fun. I'm always learning and I am always able to challenge myself. I am always on my feet and working with clients to create what they want.
Pros
break for the time you want, creative, rewarding, learn
Cons
always on your feet, when it's slow it's boring, have to pull people
Creative and Fun
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD7 May 2017
Great day at work helping people and introducing them to new products and techniques couldnt ask for a more creative work place however having a good relationship with management is essential for success.
Not bad
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA10 February 2017
I loved helping people every day. i learned how to color match and a lot about formulas. the hardest part of the job is keeping it clean. and what i enjoyed the most was getting surveys with our names on it.
Pros
free makeup, gratis, retirement plan
Cons
scheduling, not enough hours, not enough positive attitudes.
5,0
Freedom to utilize my artistic talents
Freelance makeup artist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX16 December 2016
Each day is a new beginning with the ability to touch someones life and help them to feel better about how they look. Sincerity goes very far and this job allows me to connect on a very personal level. I am allowed to really execute my skills in any way to meet the necessary goals required. The management is some of the BEST in the industry and truly care about their employees!
Pros
Free to work the hours I'm available and use my artistic license
Cons
FT is not guaranteed as a Freelance artist
5,0
Fun upbeat trendy speciality store. Nordstrom.
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ29 November 2016
Selling, applying makeup and skincare to clients. Learned new makeup techniques. Learned how to upsell and cross sell within the store. Hardest part of the job was meeting high sales goals. What I enjoyed most was making people happy and feel and look beautiful.
Pros
great discount and benefits
Cons
short breaks
5,0
Productive and intivative work environment, creative and fun
Makeup Artist/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA26 August 2016
Working for Urban Decay was an amazing experience. I've met some of the creative and amazing people. I was a trainer there on Newport Beach, and I have taught several masterclasses and was able share my knowledge with great individuals. I have learned a lot about business and what it takes to operate a successful business and keep my staff motivated and happy. I could not ask for a better company to further my career in customer service.
Pros
Bonuses, team dinners and team building activities
Cons
Short breaks, finding personal time
5,0
Lancome is a great company to work for with great products.
Freelance Makeup Artist for Lancome (Former Employee) –  Freelanced in New Jersey23 August 2016
A great team when doing large events, management always cheering you on. Love going to different events and the customers. Hardest part of the job is when I don't make goal which is rare.
Fun workplace
MakeUp Artist advisor animator travelling Trade (Former Employee) –  Paris13 March 2015
Awesome experience with L'Oréal !

Advising,sharing my knowledge with customer was the most part of the job and the most enjoyable part .
benefits
Cons
N/a
productive work place
Business Manager/ Makeup artist/Sales (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM17 September 2013
Responsible for merchandising, and provide product information. I must be able to close a sale
Pros
non
Cons
non
Fun place to work.
freelance makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO2 May 2013
Great job. Was able to meet new people all the time and they allowed us into their space. Sometimes you felt like a social worker as the customers would talk about their life problems. Had special events all the time. Lots of music and fun people to work with most of the time.
Pros
flexible hours, was able to work in different locations
Cons
hardly any breaks if in gift or special events going on
fun cosmetic artistry
makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA18 March 2013
make up artist for special events aggresivly having people sit in your chair for make up application , beautiful makeup fun enviorement. i learned to advance in my artistry.
Pros
gratis free products
Cons
no benefits, part time
Fun and creative workplace
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA25 February 2013
Go to Lancome events, and set up. Greet and service customers with makeovers and facials. I learned new techniques and styles at every event. I worked very closely, assisting our national artist. My co-workers where great, and i learned from them as well. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the finished result, and the happiness and satisfaction the ladies had after i was done with their makeovers.
Pros
free lunch, happy customers, great hours
Cons
sometimes no breaks, standing all day.