LexisNexis Employee Reviews

Free workplace
Finance Accountant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 March 2019
I think LexisNexis is a great platform for semi skilled and highly skilled individuals who want to take their skills and knowledge into another level.
Pros
Free workplace
Cons
Overtime
4,0
Perfect platform to further your career
Marketing (Current Employee) –  ZA22 February 2019
A great company to work for if you are willing to jump in and step outside of your job role. Expect to wear multiple hats and grow your knowledge in every aspect of business.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Very Revenue Target Driven
Target driven atmosphere
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 January 2019
Fun to work at to an extent
Very target driven
Can get very stressful at times
Work overload but poor compensation especially towards contractors
Hard work very seldom recognised
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Staff taken for granted
1,0
not enjoyable to work for Refcheck lexisnexis
Technical Support and Analysis- (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2018
Frustrating and stressful , Learnt background screening and how it works in recruitment, management is not helpful and no motivation no culture and support , favoritism, . Hardest part is coming to work. do not enjoy working here as there is no growth
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
Workplace
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng29 October 2018
Fun innovative work environment, that gives opportunities for one to come up with good ideas.
Challenging at times as you do not have full control over the product performance in the market.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Travelling - mileage on personal vehicle
2,0
Not applicable
Training Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 September 2018
Not applicable - information about the company is freely available in the media. it is a typical large corporation with both positive and negative points.
Pros
Large organisation
Cons
Large organisation
Productive and Interactive
Web Content Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 August 2018
LN is a fun yet professional environment that allows you to interact closely with staff as we have an open plan and door policy implemented. Management is very accommodating.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
no permenent poisitons
Work responsibility
Software Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa23 May 2018
A day contains of maintaining customer relationships. Ensuring that the trust and communication is deeply rooted with the client. Provide the client assistance with regards to the program. The day involves a lot of travelling to clients. The only time that I am in the office is on a Monday for a meeting, whereas the rest of the time is spent with clients.
Pros
Time management
LexisNexis review
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 May 2018
LexisNexis is a well run corporate. There have been periods of extreme stress and many hours of overtime worked but on the whole it is a pleasant working environment and work life balance is respected. My manager is absolutely top class and I'll be sad not to be able to continue working with him. My main reason for wanting to leave the company is that I fear career advancement will be limited to Johannesburg.
Pros
Excellent manager | challenging work | investment in technology
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities where I live
Productive and Fun
The place is very good, enjoyed working there. I can recommend my friends to apply for jobs with the companty. Staff members very friendly and supporting, Management is always there.
Pros
free lunches
Excellent Company
Practical Guidance Editor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 January 2018
One of the best environments for a healthy working day. Caters for all types of people as well as all needs. Very accommodating and friendly staff to interact with.
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal2 January 2018
Company is a good place to work in, however the pay is not according to the job title. Company pays a less salary, however the job position is more stressful and alot of work to put in
Pros
non
Cons
Salary is low
It's all up to you
Editor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 September 2017
A place where you can develop your skills and achieve your full potential. It is up to the individual to take up the challenge and forge his/her path to success.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Little room for advancement
Stable and productive
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 June 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy day with deadlines and month end schedules to meet. Workplace culture is very relaxed and quite harmonious and enjoyable.
Pros
Inhouse Canteen
Cons
Not very flexible
3,0
good company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 January 2017
Good company to work for. great people. goof benefits, great job. good management, great learning. Good hours. good benefits
Pros
vehicle
Cons
no skill training or upskilling
Good working environment
editor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 July 2016
LexisNexis is a good working Environment in which one can build and grow their Career. There are diverse departments in which employees can gain experience.
solid opportune company
IT support Technician (Current Employee) –  eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal8 June 2016
My daily duties at Lexisnexis have various roles, which include troubleshooting various solutions to problems with Laptops, desktops, servers, printers, Mobile devices and also procurement of IT equipment, payments to our suppliers, I have learned that finding a balance in daily tasks producing excellent results, Lexisnexis has alot of friendly people who have a drive for excellence and results.
4,0
Hard work, but loved it!
Permanent full-time editor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 April 2016
Great working environment - flexi-time, in the office, or at home. Loved the job, and got on well with most colleagues. Very sad to leave - had no choice - I reached retirement age.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Extremely hard work
Engaging & Great place to work
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 February 2016
Great place to work, friendly staff and management team is fully engaged.
The time I have spent in the LN environment, have left me well versed with the way I present myself in the presence of customers, suppliers and my peers, which will be a great advantage to any company internally and externally. I, further have exposure to the legal aspects involved in the credit and financial environment (petty cash, banking, budgets, general ledger and balance sheet) procurement, BBBEE, customs clearing for both imports and exports.

I have headed up the distribution facility – both inbound and out-bound situated in Pietermaritzburg and control two remote sales facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg, bringing about value, innovation and continuous improvement. I will offer your client the same excellent service. I have further set up distribution facilities in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.

As a leader and expert in my area or work, I have learnt how to manage my time effectively. My duties have given me exposure to the following which I believe are invaluable:
• Customs - Inbound and Outbound
• Sales strategy
• Weekly, Monthly and Annual stock counts – rotation of stock
• Purchasing (both CapEx and CapDev)
• Manage warehouse space
• Efficient Distribution Methods
• Reverse logistics
• Procurement
• High level negotiations with suppliers to enhance our network through the globe
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Health & Safety (including the legal aspects in the work place)
• Being well versed with import, export and customs requirements and legislation
• Setting up and initiating
  more... disciplinary hearings
• Change management – including Continuous Improvement in the workplace
• Good administrative and planning skills and attention to detail
• Managing a large staff compliment nationally
• Strategy
• Fleet Management
• Goal and KPI setting
• Cost saving
• Clean audit report on stock holding
• B-BBEE strategy, implementation and audit

I fully understand the importance of keeping my finger on the pulse of my business; as a result I am constantly in contact with world trends and am an active member of the local chamber of business both in Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Pros
Great Benifits
1,0
stressful yet challenging and satisfying
Sales and Marketing consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 November 2015
telephone calls, assisting with quotes, marketing new products, liasing with internal and external customers
perseverance, patience, negotiation, compromising
management was a good teacher, encouraging, supporting, assisting and motivating,
Hardest part of the job was patience in closing the deals
enjoyable was working with the government officials and closing the deal at the end, client being happy
Pros
dealing with govt officials
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LexisNexis. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7