Liberty Life Employee Reviews

2,0
Not for single moms or people who survive on one income.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal19 November 2019
Liberty is a wonderful company but as a single mother with one income I would not recommend it. Purely due to claw backs you can have your best month in activity however if policies fall through commission is clawed back until paid in full, essentially you could be working for free.
working at liberty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 November 2019
love working for liberty the culture is great and they have good benefits. the staff are friendly. my team are like family. the sytems are user friendly
4,0
Professional, and supportive with a bit of fun added
Broker consultant- Main (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 October 2019
Loved working there, total idiot for resigning.It was what you made of it, I loved the culture and relative freedom. No one clockwatched in my department, as it was totally target driven. What you put in is what you get out.
5,0
A good place to work. A good culture and good environment
FUND ADMINISTRATOR & CLAIM ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng22 October 2019
It is a wonderful place to work. I love the culture and the people as well.A well place to learn as well.

Customer oriented environment and a place good for learning.
Productive and good oppotunies
Senior Executive Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Western Cape21 October 2019
A reliable and frexibility, good place to work and very good money and you much be a hard worker, dedicated and self- discipline. You determine your goals
Nice company
Wealth Manager (Financial Planner) (Current Employee) –  South Africa9 October 2019
Nice company to work for with great employee benefits
Awesome work environment with a great culture within the organization
Professional service to advisors & clients
productive
Junior Mainframe Developer (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng7 October 2019
i learned alot from my position and team
Gather information needed, run scans and Jobs in the JCL and DB2 using Natural environment with Mainframe languages such as DEVENV,LENQ,PROD,ROSCOE, COBOL ( of which COBOL was a touch and go basis depending on which project was allocated to me at that specific time) fix errors and update any program on the system that needs additional information and maintain all data on the environment making sure that no errors occur in production.
1,0
Bad experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tshwane, Gauteng19 September 2019
Was overall a bad experience. Management is incompetent and there are no integrity. Was forced to do things under the table and then I must face the stuff
3,0
it was fun and educational
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 September 2019
I enjoyed meeting new people, Having to go to different provinces experience how other insurance companies worked in their territories and I also enjoyed attending workshops in different companies that work with liberty.
Pros
free lunch and road trips
Very useful
Wellness centre Administrator (Former Employee) –  Administrator31 July 2019
Insightful as i had never worked at a financial institute, but with me easily adapting to new environment it wasn't a huge shift but a learning curve.
1,0
Exploitative working place
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 July 2019
You call the respondents with the view of selling insurance products to them. You conduct the analysis of the financial requirements of the persons and prepare a cover for the person. Always the person will have a short fall. That is how the system has been created.
Pros
Secured working environment
Cons
No working hours, no work no pay policy.
Silo Mentality
BI Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 May 2019
Silo Mentality
Egocentric Management, often driving political motives and not looking out for the worker bees.
Very flexible in their approach to write business.
Fun place
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng22 May 2019
A typical day at my work would be to deal with client queries, complaints, credit control, new business loading etc.
I work independently and I get the job done meticulously to make sure we reach targets.
The hardest part of the job is when head office departments delay processing requests in which case I need to deal directly with the client and explain why there was a delay.
The most enjoyable part about the job is that I learn something new everyday, no matter how challenging it is.
It is a job that one never gets bored from.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 May 2019
Relaxed and vibrant environment with a lively atmosphere. Colleagues and everyone is friendly and approachable. Work culture is not strict in terms of punctuality and dress code, even though high levels of professionalism are greatly encouraged.
3,0
Most fun and grooming workplace to be in.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Gauteng Pretoria22 April 2019
Most productive and fun workplace. I learned how to have both good communication skills and interpersonal relationships with colleagues. The management in the company is outstanding. Everything and everyone is respected as well as their jobs mostly their superiors which I believe it's Liberty's culture. The hardest part of the job is to constantly value time, accuracy and hardwork at all time and cost. The most enjoyable part is that the office hours are fair and doesn't affect family hours in any sort, offers extra mural activities at work as often as possible which made it extra fun at work.
Pros
Free lunches
Very rewarding career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 April 2019
Great income structure and benefits, not only commission. Excellent company culture - lots of support. lots of learning. Very rewarding to build a happy client base.
Pros
Income
Cons
Pressure
Productive Collaborative
Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng28 March 2019
The Director of the Division was revolutionary and pro his people.
People are always willing to help.
I improved my writing skills and knowledge of the financial sector.
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
Too many meetings
Fun Work Place
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng21 March 2019
Good company for someone wanting financial freedom. the company is very motivated and well managed. If you choose to move forward financially, this company is probably for you. Hard environment, but also changing peoples life one my one.
Good enviroment
Friendly colleagues
Learned office skills
produstive and friendly enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng11 March 2019
It was a friendly work and supportive to their employees with a great team work culture. the management was well organised and easy to approach. I enjoyed interacting and engaging with their clients
Pros
recognitions of hard work
Cons
challenging