Maersk Line Employee Reviews

Great company, Favour Danes though
Capacity (Current Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape22 March 2019
Great people, lots of potential, teams work well, management is a bit slow to make decisions and act on them. Salaries are not level across job functions, especially with expats around.
4,0
Infrastructure Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Maersk. It was a good environment with lots of talented and hard working people. Made alot of friends there too and am still friends with people that have left or are still working there. I was encouraged to travel for work.
5,0
Good
Cadet (Former Employee) –  Cape Town harbour, Western Cape4 September 2017
I worked at sea and I enjoyed the experience. They have a very good training program and they take care of their employees. It is an excellent company
Great place.
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 August 2017
Worked here for 26 years. Once I got into IT, I found my dream job. Every day was different and challenging. Loved to get up and go to work. Was able to learn a great deal. Started in Imports in Freightmarine, Transferred to Saflink with Safmarine and Freightmarine amalgamated. Then Transferred to Safmarine. Became part of the AP Moller Group when they bought Safmarine. was moved to IBM when IT services was outsourced. Was moved back to Maersk Line when IT services was brought back in-house.
4,0
Great place for career development
Regional Transformation Partner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 February 2017
Every experience is different; but, MSK allows you to make the most of opportunities across the group, globally. This has allowed me to work with great, passionate people in a variety of locations across various business functions.

The shipping industry is a tough environment and constantly changing. Those who are not agile enough, tend to seek greener pastures elsewhere.
Pros
Travel, Career Development
Cons
Job security
1,0
Excellent Company to work for. High Values and standards
Capacity Management (Current Employee) –  Cape Town South Africa14 June 2016
Highly Intelligent Management team and colleagues. Good Team Spirit. 3 key words i can say about Maersk, Good Focus, team work and simplicity of all processes, making its services user friendly and leading to high rate of customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long Hours
A highly professional organisation
Capacity Management (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 May 2016
Focused on cost-saving and efficiency, all colleagues work towards the goals of reduced empty stock, increased loading on vessels, and minimum spend on fuels. We learnt to work in tough environment as in Africa and work closely with the local African colleagues.
Productive and friendly
Regional Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 December 2015
Moderately good place to work, nice colleagues, great culture. However, there is no clear career progression opportunities.
2,0
Good company to start at.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC10 March 2015
I enjoy working for Maerk, its a grate place to lean. As a second cook/ steward I do everything from the Gally, asisting with the meals to cleaning the cabins and the dinning halls. In this way I get to lean a lot and get experiance at first hand. I get to work with diffrent people from diffrent countries, that for me is a privilege. The hardest part would be when we get to port and the is crew change, runing around preparing cabins while still have to prepare extra food and making sure that the chef is assisted, the captain and everyone coming to visit the ship. Besides this I enjoy sundays verymuch as most crew members are off so we get to have time together and sometimes go for a swim.
3,0
maersk is a company of the future, they understood that their biggest assets were the employees.
Global key accounts customer services (Former Employee) –  johannesburg12 October 2012
As a key customer account holder you are expected to provide a world class service to the customer at all times. one's input or suggestion as to how to improve the service was always welcomed. Maersk opened my eyes as to what customer service should be. my immediate managers were very knowledgeable and invested a lot in the individual's growth. I received the most on the job training and external training. The hardest part of the job was their bureaucratic nature when it comes to accessing the global contract accounts often the system will reflect incorrect rate that one battled to be amended on time which delayed the issuing of accurate invoices. The salary/benefit were market related. the most enjoyable part of the job was liaising /calling on customers. There was a fair balance of work/life balance.
Pros
team buildings, birthdays, free lunches and of course butter cookies. hard work was always rewarded by higher management.
Cons
new rates not made available on time, or incorrectly captured on system, impacting negatively of the quality of invoices.