Maitland Group Employee Reviews

Great
Freelance Pansy scooper (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 June 2019
Maitland has been a good place to work with good people. The People have tried to achieve the vision but unfortunately constraints have resulted in drastic change
Good place to work at
Fund accountant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town29 January 2019
Friendly staff and good support from management. Can advance your career with Maitland. Excellent benefits. Workload is fair, but clients can be difficult as would be expected.
great working environment
Team Leader - System Recons (Data Integration) (Former Employee) –  Mowbray, Western Cape25 January 2019
Maitland was a great place to work wish i could go back but i left for personal reasons at the time.

great staff good working environment.

typical day at work busy but fun learning there was always new things to learn, management was great great support workplace culture was fun and hard but we all stuck together.

the hardest part of the job was being a team leader and having to make decisions that was hard.

the most enjoyable part of the job was just the people and the new things you learn each day and getting to teach and pass on knowledge.
Pros
the people
Cons
structure
4,0
Experience highly dependent on line management
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 September 2018
The company has lots of potential for people who like to take on a challenge. However the experiences differ across the company depending on the role you have, the manager you have and the department you are in.

Some people love the job and area they are in

Others totally hate it.

Biggest issue is that there are poor or no bonuses
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No bonuses
Productive and fun work place
HR Internship (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 August 2018
Really a great company to start your career and develop your own skils. You get to build a awesome relationship between co-workers. This company provides for every culture.
Production at work place
Investment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mowbray, Western Cape6 June 2018
I like working with group, and make sure I contribute as much as I can in order for team to meat it goal within required time, i give advice when it is necessary panic when the satiation required me to do so but I never give up to objective of my team.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
No individual development.
3,0
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 May 2018
The culture is something to get used to.

Do not include managers in decision making, nor do they inform them.

No accountability.

No further comments.
3,0
The most Enjoyable part of myjob
Application/System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mowbray, Western Cape17 May 2018
I particularly enjoy re-interpreting complex ideas and complicated situations into simpler, workable terms. I learn quickly and assimilate new information with ease. I work well within a team as well as on individual projects.
Pros
Friendly Team
Cons
Long hours working at home
Production
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town mowbray11 April 2018
The hardest part of the work is when u have to learn another work while i am busy with my work and the deadline will be off sooner.
The management is a bit unfair sometimes where they expect for some of workers do things which others are not doing. I have learned a lot where i will have to answer queries and have a proof or source of document when something happens.The most enjoyable part of the job is when i have done my job without any mistakes or errors coming back as i am busy with reconciliation.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours
4,0
Work hard to work harder...
Change, Incident & Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 March 2018
I loved my time with MG. We worked extremely hard but it was a unique sense of job satisfaction cultivated by even more hard work.

It is an always evolving company with world-class services.
Vibrant
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town20 March 2018
Vibrant company with many opportunities. Unfortunately remuneration structure doesn't keep track with it peers in the market. Many people leave the organisation with
Pros
Work life
Cons
Renumeration
Innovative snd energising
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 March 2018
Open Outlook to review any new emails. Meetings generally kicked off from about 09:00 which were back to back for most of the day. Updating of risks, issues and outstanding actions on applicable logs. Escalating any concerns or issues to Senior Stakeholders (Business owners or Project Sponsors). The Management was very approchable with hardly any red tape. The culture was young, fresh and innovative. The most enjoyable part of my job was having new projects assigned to me and learning about the new requirements and scope of the projects.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No parking available
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gauteng15 January 2018
This company is good for career growth and it is fun to work at. It has a good work life balance and good career advancements. A typical work day is very productive and informative.
Life at Maitland
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mowbray, Western Cape19 December 2017
Maitland has been good but Its always tough trying to keep the client’s requirements and businesses in mind when it’s time to deliver. Synergies between the two must be identified in order to optimize effectiveness in delivery
Maitland Group
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mowbray, Western Cape25 January 2017
I've been with Maitland for 4 years, I've been lucky to be involved in key projects there that has been beneficial in my exposure to managing projects with different requirements and scope inclusions. Maitland's culture is that of a well balanced work/life ratio which I enjoyed immensely. The hardest part of the job is the constant change and no set processes and procedures. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Pros
Cons
dynamic atmosphere
Good working condition
Portfolio Administartor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 October 2015
I reconcile the trades and match the information of the broker with the information from the in-house system called geneva