Manpower Italia Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

1,0
Poor employer/ employee communication. Hiring manager didn't know what she was doing.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI10 February 2018
This particular Manpower office was out of WI and was 100 percent online application, interview, background check, paperwork, and all other correspondence with hiring staff. I never met anyone in person as I live in MI. It took a month for them to get me processed into the system. They didn't find me a job placement, I did. The company supervisor that wanted to employ me called manpower and told them to hire me...
Bad experience for both me and the place I worked! Needless to say, once my seasonal placement was completed, I did not request a new placement with this manpower office.
Pros
Cons
Numerous!
5,0
Amazing companies
Customer Services at Booking.Com and Amway Global. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI13 August 2015
Both assignments with at Booking.com and Amway Global were magnificent. A very hectic environment, which I love since I love challenge myself. I learned to be focus and be ready for constant changes. The people I worked with were very professional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to try to get hired directly to the companies since they only offer temporary assignments.
Pros
The companies gave a lot of incentives to keep employees happy.
Cons
n/a
5,0
ManPower
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX16 September 2014
ManPower is a temp agency for all kinds of companies. They're very friendly and the process is pretty simple for getting brought in to a job position.
Pros
Temp Agency, Paid Weekly, Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Process to Get Hired on Full-Time
2,0
Just another meat suit.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daleville, Indiana24 November 2013
A typical day at this position requires long hours of sitting/standing while talking to one customer after the next, usually with anywhere between 8 seconds to 1 minute apart depending on the position within.

This job is not for the feint of heart as many of the customers you deal with on a daily basis are extremely rude and hateful and you are not allowed to disconnect their calls, which is a terminable offense. Therefore, you had better have a thick skin.

The job pays $10/hr, which is a fair wage for a non-skilled job that requires no experience or college education, but don't expect pay raises.

Management at this call center does not care one iota about the employees. The hours of operation are 07:00am to 12:30am and once training is complete you will be required to bid on a shift within that time frame based upon your training scores and then your performance thereafter. There is no transparency to the criteria used to determine the shift bid results and often they are riddled with mistakes. Also, once a shift bid has been completed there is no guarantee that management will not abruptly change your hours and or shift without concern to how it affects you or your family. Also, if your day off happens to fall on a holiday for which the center is closed, you will be rescheduled to make up the day that you were off. It's all about what earns the company the most money.

There are no paid days off and there are no personal or sick days and once you have accumulated several absences, you will be terminated. The turnover rate is incredibly high for this assignment,
  more... so you may be asked to work additional hours and during the holidays there are periods of mandatory overtime, regardless of how it affects you or your family.

If you have a family with little kids, this probably is not the job for you.

Also, it should be noted that while it is not indicated during training, some position require a certain level of sales even though the position is not considered a sales position. Failure to meet the sales numbers will result in corrective actions and finally termination.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Hours, lack of advancement, stress, Pay