Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 17 863 reviews
5,0
Great company with brilliant culture
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape11 July 2018
Nothing bad to say as it has a brilliant GM and Marriott creates an infectious culture in all of their brands. Staff are spoiled by the TakeCare initiative which provides financial advise, health activities and much mre.
Pros
culture
4,0
All staffs we were very productive and friendly which made job succussfuly
Waiter (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape14 June 2018
The staff were very friendly for the new comer, told me a good stories about the company which made me very confident to work there. Staff were professional and with my experience i real enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Yes, all of the staff were received a breakfast and lunch coupon
This was
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng13 March 2018
This job was my first taste of the hospitality industry and as you can see from my resume, it was a great start and I never looked back. Learnt a lot of values that I still carry with me till this day
Pros
Discounted Hotel Stays
4,0
Hardworking and willing to learn
Banqueting, Housekeeping and Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 March 2018
Working for gush company was a once I a lifetime experience which taught me a lot I management soils and workinv euyh people since it was my first time I the working environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
excellent work environment
Front office / Night auditor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 February 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape town North Wharf, the work environment is excellent however I feel that it is time for me to take a different route outside of hospitality. As is the case with all jobs there are ups and downs, ups being that I get to meet and acquire new guests everyday and no two days are ever the same, downs being the shifts - you never get to see your family. I am very family orientated so I am looking for something that only requires me to work weekdays and maybe alternate Saturdays.
Pros
Free lunch daily
Cons
long hours and shifts
5,0
It is a great company to work for with lots of growth
Government Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State2 February 2018
This was one of the most unpredictable jobs i ever done, i learned never to relax and trust clients with continious business because they might change jobs and that particular account end up not producing. it is important to constantly being it touch with all existing clients as well finding new ones every month.

Management was awsome because they are not far from the employees, they always involve the staff about any new developments and changes

Workplace culture is of team spirit, once one dont beome part of the team you suffer a lot in as far as success is concrned.

The hardest part of the job is once you get sick and be hospitilised or be absent from work for a longer period for wat ever reason, the business moves away from you. our clients needs assistant now if they dont get it they move to the next service provider without hesitant.

The most enjoyable part is being being able to meet and engage with clients from all walks of life, seeing that you have sold them a solution to their needs is so satisfactory.
Pros
Company Car and petrol to do the job
Cons
its a 24 hour business, 7 days of a week.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 November 2017
If you looking to grow and better your self - this is the hotel to strengthen ALL your skills... and teach you new ones... Full service hotel, 24hr room service, amazing people and beautiful hotel - known as the "Old Lady" of the beachfront area in its ripe age of 106 years - this Grande Dame keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Staff turnover high
Very productive
Linen hand (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2017
It nice to work at westin hotel and we have an excallent customer service. We supply and obtain our guests by providing them with their needs at anytime
Pros
Free education or staff training
Cons
Minimum hour
Assistant Front Office Manager
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 August 2017
Management was very involved and training was given regularly to achieve the combined goals of running the business smoothly.

I managed all the operation of Front office on a daily basis.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
To corporate and did not enjoy not having the opportunity to inter act with guest
Fun workplace
Hanger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa22 August 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Element Air. The team was always in good humour and we got on well. The work life balance was great and I had a really good time working at Element Air.
Best
Banqueting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 July 2017
The company was a good company to work for it came with its own challenges and tought am alot of new things I did not know before.I will miss the hotel
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Learning workplace
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape14 June 2017
It is a good hotel to start a hotel career path. You will learn more about hotel operations because they have a good work structure. Growth opportunities are available as well if you work hard.
Pros
Reasonable weekly off days
Cons
Long working hours
5,0
very busy and adrenaline rush
Chef Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State3 May 2017
The biggest kitchen that i have worked in, and the most respectful, friendly GM with a golden heart. the Staff support each other and work as a team. That's what makes them a family.
Pros
Getting to meet famous musicians
Cons
sore feet, long hours
Great place to work!
Waiter/Barman (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 March 2017
Alway a great vibe at work! Learned allot ! Great management always supportive and give the best service! Hardest part of the job is to keep all the customers happy at the same time when it's busy but you as you learn , you learn how to manage it and it later becomes a challenge for yourself and that is what you work for to better yourself!

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with! They become your family and some your best friends!
Productive and fun workplac
Commie chef (Former Employee) –  Banqueting kitchen11 March 2017
The westin is a nice place working at u learn alot of differnt things. Like how to work with other poeple working with poeple of different cultures wich is super fun
Pros
You pay for lunch
work environment
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 February 2017
I worked the morning shift, most of the time we left 1 hour earlier. Work was completed and kitchen clean for the next shift to work.
Pros
Leaving earlier
Cons
having to wake up early
2,0
emvironment
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 February 2017
Westin Grand hotel was a nice place to work with. I've learned a lot like gaining people skills.only problem was the long woirking hours that can reach 14hrs
Pros
transport free to work early shitf
Cons
long hours like 14hrs
Healthy environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 January 2017
The convention sales department that i worked in has a very welcoming and accommodating team. They are very helpful and it made learning what i had to easy
Pros
Great working hours
You will learn a lot
Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State6 January 2017
Typical day at work will include - Assist in the restaurant with service during breakfast , lunch , Dinner. Placing orders. Doing the roster. Managing restaurant. Banqueting. Staff roster. Menus.

Planning is essential.

Management and Co-workers are amazing.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with GUEST complaints. Not really hard , but less joyful.

Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with GUESTS
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Long Hours
free meals
BANQUETING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 December 2016
Great hotel to work for, room for growth. Flexibility in working and learning from other departments.Hotel offers training programmes to encourage growth in its stuff members.
Pros
free lunch, free transport
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1