Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the search See all 19 556 reviews
3,0
The culture is awesome u just need to be cautious as to where you find yourself within the organization
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 December 2019
Awesome people to work with. Culture is great but certain management is not cool.

I found myself integrating easily with the people as they were lovely.

Management depending on where you find yourself within the organization is lovely but do but not everywhere.
overall my experience w
5,0
The hotel I work at was always busy and when the hotel is quiet there is always training for u and it was free culture play a big role ..thank you
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 October 2019
Always be as honest as possible,if u don't understand please speak your your supervisor or your manager management always try they best to make your work easy and always give a hand and be helpful make sure u have all your things u gonna need to do your job.. love what u do and it will be so easy and please respect the next person.
Salary must improve
Barman (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 October 2019
Everything feels great except the salary so they must sort it out and team is very good but management doesn't recognize the non managerial staff especially food and beverage
Lingkungan kerja produktif
Room attendant, receptionist, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sangat menarik dan nyaman12 October 2019
Assalamu'alaikum Bapak/Ibu yang terhormat.
Saya Ely Astati
Umur saya 23tahun
Pendidikan terakhir saya Strata satu (1) dibidang manajemen perusahaan
Saya sangat tertarik ingin berkontribusi di JW Marriot.
Dengan sangat senang hati saya bisa diterima untuk bekerja di perusahaaìn yg
5,0
I would like to work for this company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tourvest Resturant28 September 2019
I can work because I'm willing to do everything they tell to do to save my job and I'm willing to start immediately.
I'm a professional who is able to achieve the desired goals I like to work under a lot of pressure
3,0
Good place to work at
OTA Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sea Point, Western Cape23 September 2019
Marriott regional office Cape Town is not a bad place to at, however, there is no room for growth unfortunately. The company or this particular office, you would need to know the write people to move forward with your career to get into a higher paid position. You would be given more responsibility to make you think you learning something to move up the ladder, but you won't get the proper salary for what you do and cost of living is only getting higher each few months.
productive
Front Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 September 2019
A typical work day starts of quiet which at any given time can become busy. Working at the Westin requires motivation, energy and zest. It teaches one to deal with the curve balls of life as every day comes with new challenges.
Good Company
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 September 2019
Extremely good company with many opportunities for growth worlwide and local.Properties opening daily with many tools for selfdevelopment aswell.Still a good place to work
5,0
Friendly work culture and working environment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape26 May 2019
Working environment is very productive and friendly. Employees are given the necessary tools to complete their daily tasks and deadlines.

Strongly recommended.
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Fun and can meet different people from different country
Room Attendant/front office/banquet assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia7 March 2019
It allows us to experience different types of work thru job rotation where you can learn all the job aspects in a hotel industry. Plus the good communication skill you can get because you can practice it more from conversing with other people
Pros
Free food vouchers, 2 days rest
Great company
Food and Beverage intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, ZA2 January 2019
Marriott is one of the best hospitality companies. The work culture is great. What the company stands for is also great and it is very inclusive to gender, race.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting and productive
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape20 November 2018
This is where I made my mark and wanted to further my career in Finance for my future. I developed a passion for this industry and truly loved working with a team and having positive outcomes.
Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 August 2018
Good foundation in rooms division department. Strong procurement processes. Great revenue infrastructure. Ok in F&B. Culture really dependent on the hotel you are working at.
5,0
Great company with brilliant culture
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape11 July 2018
Nothing bad to say as it has a brilliant GM and Marriott creates an infectious culture in all of their brands. Staff are spoiled by the TakeCare initiative which provides financial advise, health activities and much mre.
Pros
culture
4,0
All staffs we were very productive and friendly which made job succussfuly
Waiter (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape14 June 2018
The staff were very friendly for the new comer, told me a good stories about the company which made me very confident to work there. Staff were professional and with my experience i real enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Yes, all of the staff were received a breakfast and lunch coupon
This was
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng13 March 2018
This job was my first taste of the hospitality industry and as you can see from my resume, it was a great start and I never looked back. Learnt a lot of values that I still carry with me till this day
Pros
Discounted Hotel Stays
4,0
Hardworking and willing to learn
Banqueting, Housekeeping and Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 March 2018
Working for gush company was a once I a lifetime experience which taught me a lot I management soils and workinv euyh people since it was my first time I the working environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
excellent work environment
Front office / Night auditor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 February 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape town North Wharf, the work environment is excellent however I feel that it is time for me to take a different route outside of hospitality. As is the case with all jobs there are ups and downs, ups being that I get to meet and acquire new guests everyday and no two days are ever the same, downs being the shifts - you never get to see your family. I am very family orientated so I am looking for something that only requires me to work weekdays and maybe alternate Saturdays.
Pros
Free lunch daily
Cons
long hours and shifts
5,0
It is a great company to work for with lots of growth
Government Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State2 February 2018
This was one of the most unpredictable jobs i ever done, i learned never to relax and trust clients with continious business because they might change jobs and that particular account end up not producing. it is important to constantly being it touch with all existing clients as well finding new ones every month.

Management was awsome because they are not far from the employees, they always involve the staff about any new developments and changes

Workplace culture is of team spirit, once one dont beome part of the team you suffer a lot in as far as success is concrned.

The hardest part of the job is once you get sick and be hospitilised or be absent from work for a longer period for wat ever reason, the business moves away from you. our clients needs assistant now if they dont get it they move to the next service provider without hesitant.

The most enjoyable part is being being able to meet and engage with clients from all walks of life, seeing that you have sold them a solution to their needs is so satisfactory.
Pros
Company Car and petrol to do the job
Cons
its a 24 hour business, 7 days of a week.
體制完善
commis 3 (Former Employee) –  element20 December 2017
提供所有員工所需 會另工作發揮得更好
設施齊全 例如員工休息室 可以充分休息
福利也好好 沒有挑剔

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1