MASTER MATHS Employee Reviews

Productive and work with different people
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Limpopo11 February 2018
I am a tutor at master maths tutoring young kid and that is the best thing that ever happend to me.kid are so adorable ,funny and they always need someone who can listen to them at all times which is one of the thing I love
Pros
Own launches
Cons
Fun to work with children
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vredenburg, Western Cape30 January 2018
I like maths in general, it was my strongest subject in school and teaching maths and solving problems with the students is for me rewarding. Sometimes you have to be tough on students that are very difficult.
Pros
Only start to work after school 2:30 pm until 7pm
Cons
Have to work on Saturdays
very relaxed enviroment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng6 October 2017
typical day at work : when the MD told me that she won't listen to anything i want to say just because a cleaner said something bad about me to her, what i've learnt: how to record petty cash, bulk invoicing & banking, Management : bad management : favoritism, workplace culture : bad, the hardest part of the job: working every saturday, enjoyable part of the job : starting work at 10am
Pros
nothing
Cons
no travelling allowance, favouratism
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Bela Bela, Limpopo6 September 2017
Great workplace culture. Typical workday is fast-paced, meaning you should be prepared. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students attitudes towards their own learning ability improve.
Workplace environment
Mathermatics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2017
Tutoring at Master Mathermatics was the best ob I ever had. The other tutors were stimulating people, I was always learning something the new. Our boss was kind and compassionate, she was always willing to take our advice or listen to any queries we had. She rewarded us for our hard work and gave close attention to how everyone was feeling in her company.
Pros
Work Environemnt
Cons
Young people lack listening and problem solving ability
Demands continuous self sacrifice
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga17 May 2017
Enjoyable: seeing one's efforts rewarded as learners excel in their studies.

Hard past: little appreciation of effort on the part of the tutors. Maintenance of discipline in the centre.
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 April 2017
This was a part-time job which I had straight out of High School.

My job involved helping school students from grade 4 - 12 with questions while they carried out the Master Maths program.
I also marked completed work from time to time.

The management was fantastic, Master Maths is a franchise and the owner was a pleasure to work for.
fun workplace
Contract Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng7 February 2017
first half of the day was administration and marketing
he whole afternoon will be based on tutoring

I learned to work with students from different cultures and races

management was good and the workplace culture was clear ...treating others with dignity

hardest part of the job was to see a non competent student trying too hard to understand the subject

I enjoyed the being around students and watch them trying by all means to work hard towards their studies
Pros
free afternoon snacks
Cons
non really rewardign salary wise
Flexible and learning experience.
Tutor: Maths and science (Current Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape13 December 2016
It is a lovely job and I still learn everyday. I love seeing the progress that learners make throughout their time that they spent at the sentrum and knowing that we can make a difference in their lifes.
Pros
No long hours
Teaching students when staff was low (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng5 July 2016
G.A.P. Installations was a learning experience that taught me many things and help me to become more focused on the task at hand all the while still being able to handle many other things.
Part- time tutor (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, GP13 June 2015
A typical day at work would be work from 2pm-6pm, whereby I would arrive at 1h30 pm and finish preparing for my lessons. I learned that even a small word of encouragement and compliment goes a long way. The manager was a kind, hard working and inspirational lady. My co-workers and I worked well together as we would sometimes share a class. The hardest part of the job at first was believing that I could answer most of the random questions that the learners would have, however I overcame this and my confidence in the class grew. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles of the learners as they could do more of their problems correctly and when they passed their tests well.
Pros
Free tea and biscuits, it stretched me as a person (I did things that I did not think I could do well)
Cons
I can not think of any cons.
student job while studying
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC7 June 2015
MasterMaths is great for students requiring additional funds while they are obtaining their degree. flexible hours make working there enjoyable especially with the time constraints of tertiary education.
Pros
flexible hours, good managment
Cons
n/a
Productive, very industrious
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Durban North, ZN16 January 2015
Switch computers on and start the master maths program

When students arrive, get grade plans out and record which sections needs to be taught

Assist students to log in with username and password

Assist students on concepts not understood

After students complete computer module I needed to record marks and if necessary ask student to redo modules

If needed students were taken off computer and given written tests and examinations to further monitor learner progress papers

Taught me how to use computers to teach students effectively. certainly sharpened my teaching skills as well as computer skills.
Due to working with the diverse nature of students, I was able to learn varilous methods of teaching which will assist me in the future when dealing students of a similar nature

Management was extremely professional, encouraging and very driven for success. Had an excellent relationship with management

Coworkers were extremely helpful and subject experts in their own right. Very good tutors whop knew how to teach students and the pace at which to go.

The hardest part of the job was probably knowing when to take students off the pc for written tests and examinations.

The most enjoyable part was being able to get to work with many students with unique areas of improvements and to see them go home happier and wiser for the experience was excellent.
Pros
Working with a variety of students
Cons
Salary relatively low, not enough hours to teach
Exciting, challenging and extremely enthusiastic.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Witbank, MP19 April 2014
A typical day at work will start off with preparing and advising staff on preparing for individual customers according to their specific needs.
I learnt how to deal with a variety of people and situations.
Management at Master Maths were the most supportive and encouraging.
My colleagues and I always worked together as a team to achieve an efficient and friendly working environment.
The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy, though I have learnt that good preparation does make it much easier.
The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job was helping customers to their satisfaction.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Stressful.
fun work place and it's quiet productive.
Maths Tutor (Current Employee) –  Witbank3 July 2012
Master Maths is a good company but with less benefits. The employers and stuff are on par with what they do and they love doing their work. The hardest part of the job comes when you have to work with a very weak learner, but thus a lot of planning is done as a team to help the learner at all means and it's fun when there are a lot of learners to work with.
Pros
our lunch hours are from 12pm to 1pm daily.
Cons
our working hours are from 10am to 6pm monday to thursday and 10am to 5pm on friday, 9am to 12pm on saturday.