Matjhabeng Local Municipality

Matjhabeng Local Municipality Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed a lot from working at the administration office, learning about the daily requirements of running a successful office, and then i enjoyed myself even more working at the design office with Civil Aided design, Auto Cad and Civil 3D software's designing a road and storm-water channels.

I also learned a lot about turn-key contracts and construction supervision, attending site meetings with the Engineers, Consultants and Contractors and Representatives of the Municipality, and beneficiaries (Councillors and Residents)
Pros
Professionalism and Good working environment
Cons
Lack of Mentorship and Leadership
5,0
Good work and learn a lot their
I learned about how to deal with different clients and how to work under pressure to meet a deadline any work at team leader. I did enjoyed my time ther as an intern
Pros
Free Fridays lunches
Cons
Lots of work
productive
The Institution is a big working environment, where one needs to be on top of any task given.
The municipality requires full dedication and endurance, a committed work ethic and always be willing to work extra hours because the work never stops. A wonderful peoples working environment.
Insightful and Productive
productive and helpful in terms of enriching one's knowledge in a working environment. Culture of greeting and working as a team was the important for me. i enjoyed working and interacting with people.
Pros
free transport
Cons
unstable hours
4,0
Working hard for a small salary
Its a good municipality but lots has to be fixed. I think that I worked long time without any progress. I'm still an ordinary traffic officer and I don't see any hope
Pros
We buy our own lunch
Cons
Going extra miles is what I like
5,0
Good manners
They left us with no reason. They say they will call us. Im sad because im in need of money to make my errands. So till now i haven't received a call.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Short hours
Electrifying atmosphere
Excellent working environment ; Coupons. We had challenges regarding cash flow due to non payment of services by consumers.
Pros
Monthly outings
Cons
Unorganised crises meetings
1,0
Very relaxed environment with zero skills transfer and improper appointments
After every call i attend it feels like the more redundant i become, everything is so basic, its not challenging at all. You get to understand why the institution is constantly on a disclaimer, it may have inflated salaries but there is no skill and no growth, they outsource most of the work that is supposed to be done by technicians accept for the basics there for meaning one will remain begginer skilled even after 20 years of work.
Pros
Non
Cons
Rendundancy
4,0
Diverse learning opportunities and good relations with stakeholders.
Different roles, duties and responsibilities that I have had during my social and career life so far have allowed me to develop transferable knowledge, abilities and skills, which I would carry along in my career move. The specific details include:

Management Skills

As part of the LED unit I have to oversee the smooth running of projects and ensure that all practices are adhered to and all activities are completed on a given schedule. Through these and other experiences, I have acquainted myself with the ability to manage human resources as well as giving support to others.

Flexibility

My average day at work consists of many activities and sometimes unscheduled meetings, but which however require attention. Through these I have learned how to:

 Manage time

 Set priorities

 Plan accordingly

Presentation skills

Serving as a facilitator at the college, my day to day work required thorough preparation for presentation of lectures to students from diverse backgrounds, coupled with this my current job requires presentations to community members, conducting workshops and presentation of progress report to the senior management of Matjhabeng Municipality. Through these I can now:

 Plan a presentation.

 Present in front of the audience with and professionalism.

Strengths

 Co-operative in a group environment

 Ability to execute duties with minimal supervision

 Assertive

 Eager to learn
Pros
facing new challenges and being innovative.
Cons
focus area sometimes too broad but however one gets to learn to prioritise.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matjhabeng Local Municipality. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7