Mazars Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
audit supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 June 2018
Great learning environment with training and natural advancement for staff. Great colleagues who work together as a team which makes it a great place to grow
Productive and Progressive
Articles Auditing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 May 2018
Working at Mazars was challenging. Your commitment and determination were especially challenged due to the long hours worked as well as the volume of work. However, this taught me how to work hard and provide quality work efficiently and effectively. You were taught the value of time as most days clerks would be working after hours and weekends to ensure a quality product that would satisfy the clients. At Mazars customer satisfaction was very important and management always went the extra mile for their clients. This went for their clerks as well as managers would assist clerks and train them and not just provide them with answers. They found the development of the clerks very important. As hard as Mazars works, we play hard as well and were always rewarded with social events with all staff including CEOs and managing partners. Therefore working at Mazars created a well balance professional.
Pros
Personal professional development and free social events
Cons
Long hours and working weekends
Flexible employer
Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape8 May 2018
The company is very flexible when it comes to working hours which helps in maintaining a work life balance. I was quite impressed by an opportunity to grow that came my way in less than a year into the job; the manager on jobs I had been allocated was impressed with my work and had felt I was not challenged enough and the department I was in would not allow me to reach my true potential. This is a sign of how growth of employees is considered and is of importance to management.
4,0
Productive and very friendly and helpful.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 March 2018
updating cashbook, purchase ledger, sales ledger, VAT summary, reconciliation of bank accounts and control accounts. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent Partners. Hardest part was adopting to new accounting system-teething problems and sometimes meeting deadlines. We sometimes had to work overtime. Worst part was dealing with auditors.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Working overtime
3,0
Tough, Challenging but fantastic training environment
Audit trainee (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 January 2018
The workload is high and long hours, with low pay, but the pursuit of the Chartered Accountancy qualification is the end goal.
The clients can be less prestigious than at a big 4 firm and less rewarding to work at but the learning environment is very impressive. Management can be a bit more difficult than at a bigger firm and less reasonable.
Very work driven.
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 January 2018
Auditing is auditing, i have learned a lot from the people around and management.
The deadlines are tight and stressful but it is what makes you a better person and stronger worker.
Proper planning is required to meet deadlines and keep management at bay.
i enjoyed my time at the firm i have developed into a good auditor.
i have been able to do relatively big audits on my own.
Pros
learning every key item required to complete an audit.
Cons
deadlines and clients demands.
up and coming firm
Client Financial Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 November 2017
Great place to work, Mazars South Africa was on growing substantially over the past few years and was an exciting firm to be working for. Its a pity i couldnt continue working for them when moving over to Australia.
2 cultural environment
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng26 September 2017
Johannesburg office and Pretoria office are completed different. as the JHB tends to go more corporate and Pretoria is more family orientated.

Benefits are bad, Learning environments are good.
Good audit training environment
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 July 2017
Serves as a good training environment for someone looking to complete their SAICA articles. The company also is quite accomodating with those who require study leave.
1,0
Poor management
Audit clerk (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 June 2017
audit based work, management extremely harsh, biased and discrimintive. colleques good to work with. management not approachable therefore difficult to speak to
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
poor management skills
Learning environment
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 March 2017
Working at Mazars provided me with a great learning experience,as each client presented its own unique challenges and there was plenty of room to grow and learn.

The nature was very deadline and budget driven, with plenty of review and feedback on performance which ensured that one is constantly improving.
Pros
Young, dynamic environment
Productive workplace
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 March 2017
This is inherent as a trainee accountant but it is a really stressful environment. Though you receive good support in certain areas, one is still prone to burning out because of the very long hours .
Pros
Secondment opportunities overseas
Cons
Long hours, intense office politics
2,0
Productivity
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 January 2017
The company is highly focused on client-relationships, and has a tendency to sacrifice its other principal values for the money they receive from the client contracts.
5,0
Hardworking and fun work place ( work hard play hard)
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng9 January 2017
During these three years i have learned a great deal. I have learned how to manage both my work life and social life. I have also learned how to manage my time. I learned different management styles. I learned how to cope under pressure. I have built awesome relationships that helped me be the best version of myself. The hardest part of the job was letting the clients know that we here to help and not out to get them. Most enjoyable part was learning something new everyday
Pros
Training, away audits
Cons
overtime
Rewarding to develop staff
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape19 October 2016
A typical day at work would involve process management, staff development and client reviews. I enjoyed the development of staff through consistent on the job training. The most challenging part of the job was to marry the expectation of 20 team members with that of 35 partners.
Pros
Seeing how staff grew in their position
Cons
Limited support from top management
2,0
A company invested in job security.
Audit admin Assistant/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape14 April 2016
A typical day is very busy, with many hours spent in front of the computer. I have learned to set up each day, have a plan, a little tick list. That ensures that you get through everything that you need to accomplish for the day. The hardest part of the job as with any other is to stay focused and motivated daily and to handle the pressures and unforeseen circumstances that pop up. Part of my job description is event planning and organising social functions. It is not an easy task but the results are always rewarding and fun.
Pros
My immediate managers show great interest in me as an individual.
Cons
It is a very pressured industry and sometimes too much focus is placed on making money.
5,0
I enjoy working here. Love the people, but need a better salary.
EXECUTIVE PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 August 2015
My most enjoyable part of my job - working with my colleagues and learning from them.

Enjoy the work I do.

Convenient - close to home.
Pros
Parking
Productive workplace
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP2 July 2015
What I love of Mazars is that it's a fun corporate environment with the external clerks always cracking jokes while staying serious to reach deadlines.
Once a month we have staff functions where you can socialize with management and learn something new from each other.
The hardest part is when you have to travel on weekends, while the most enjoyable part is being acknowledged for hard work.
Productive company
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 February 2015
Mazars has taught me everything that I know about IT Auditing. Best company to work for, especially for young graduates who seeks knowledge and experience in IT Auditing.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
Warm welcoming place to work at.
First year Article Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP12 September 2014
My typical day at work would be going to a client to perform an audit and doing my administration work.

I have learnt to cope with pressure, to be tolerant and have improved my communication skills.

The managers at work are easy to work with and they are very co-operative.

I find my co-workers(senior) friendly in that they would assist me as a first year as to how to do certain things in order to get the job done in time.

The hardest part of this job is getting queries one or two months after the audit was performed of which I have to clear and be held accountable.

The most if not least enjoyable part of this job is getting to know different companies and their businesses.
Pros
Staff drinks.
Cons
A lot of administration work to be completed and sometimes long hours worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazars. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8