McKinsey & Company Employee Reviews

3,0
Energetic, People orientated
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng28 February 2017
Good company, fantastic benefits. Brilliant managers.

Too long hours, work never ends

Day starts the night before as company is international.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Fast pace, learning and high impact work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 December 2015
This was a very satisfying job in terms of meeting client's and national needs. It was also personally very empowering.
Pros
Lots of development
Exciting work environment
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP17 November 2015
As soon as you start the interview process - the work starts!

You are constantly learning new things and engaging senior & executive clients helping them to solve problems that they may be facing. Working with highly knowledgeable colleagues you provide strategic solutions that are tailored to suit the clients environment.

Advancement is up to you! There is no ceiling at McKinsey... every 2/3 years you stand to be promoted and there are structures in place to help nurture your growth!

The hardest thing about working at McKinsey is not having a balanced work/life environment. However, your exhaustion from the extended working hours is neutralized by the realization/fact that all the work you do derives positive impact for the companies that you serve and sometimes the overall economy of that country.

The best part about the job is when you do get downtime, you have enough money to spoil yourself & those close to you!
Pros
Travel & 5-star treatment
Diversity and Inclussiveness
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP7 October 2014
I learnt a lot about the corporate environment since I joined McKinsey & Company. I have learnt about different cultures and different people from all over the world, also how the Management Consulting Firm works in terms of recruiting and retaining its employees. I am glad to be part of the support team that have to keep the Firm employees motivated and provide necessary resources them to perform their daily duties. I enjoy my job, but I need to find a permanent position where I will perform more duties and grow with the company.
Pros
Best team building sessions
Cons
No opportunities for job advancement (permanent role)
4,0
constantly challenging, lots of opportunities to learn
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP9 December 2013
Lots of interest and value in the employee experience

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2,0
McKinsey & Co is a Fun working place
Financial Admonistator (Current Employee) –  Sandton-Johannesburg4 January 2013
My typical day at work is when I dont have work to do and wait to be given a job to do

I have learned a lot of things, how to explore on communication, how to handle queries and how to respond to a typical client. I have also learned how to work with people from accross the world of different cultures.

I have worked with a team of eight people and we were always close to each other and we are always supportive of each other

The hardest part of the job is when I am doing some Filing and I just realise that there is one paper missing and sometimes I find out that I never received that paper in the first place, but youll find that a person was insisting that she gave me one.

I enjoy working as a team because I am a team player and I can also work alone, I enjoy communicating either by emails or telephone with company clients and my coleaques. I also enjoy doing data capturing,Invoice processing, Invoices loading to oracles and uploading the wips and saving them to a specific file on the system
Pros
we have a canteen were we are offerd free lunches and drinks in the company
Cons
i work from 8am to 16:30pm