Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews

It was good working for Media 24
Media 24 is an incredible company to work for. There is a lot of pressure but I got used to it and enjoyed every moment. I learned a lot of things with in the industry.
4,0
Fast-paced environment, quick news turnaround, deadline driven, constantly you have to be alert of breaking news. Receiving feedback about your work can either provide positive reinforcement that makes you feel valued.
fun work place
day started at 8 ends at 16:00
learned how to deal with difficult clients, to always stay calm under pressure

friendly colleagues and helpful trainers
Very professional
Theres so much room to grow in this company. At times it can be extremely stressful to work in such a fast paced company but there's always help and you are always acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work
Pressure and productive
My first time working there I was overwhelmed by the work but as the time goes by I got hang of it. Meeting deadlines was not an easy task bug I managed quiet well and I am thankful for the experienced I got because I was working fog a national paper. Print for me is my passion and I love telling people'stories it gives me a relief when I have help someone through my articles.
bad working hours
a well established company that has alot of staff but the working conditions are bad and especially the hours you work per month
it is not fair at all for a person to work those hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
Average
Not a bad place to work at, but development opportunities were very lacking. No easy chance to work towards advancement due to flat structure. Most of management were a pleasure to work with.
2,0
Great benefits; Poor management
Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.
Helpful and kind staff that works at the Lalucia Media24
The staff at Media 24 was kind enough to let me learn from them for the short duration of my school holidays. They were also very helpful with everything that I they thought was something which could help my career as a young graphic designer.
4,0
Work environment is creative and enjoyable.
Amazing atmosphere.

Diverse in culture.

Lovely people with respect, integrity and dignity.

Honesty the best.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Traffic
Great Organisational Culture
Media24 upholds their values within their offices , the culture is warm and extremely fun and communicative. It is a great place to start your career.
Pros
Wellness Week
Adventurous
Every day I get to something new, from car videos to lifestyle and news. I love the fact that I meet different people.

Our build has the best 360 view of the sea and mountain.
Pros
Company car, cell phone allowance
5,0
Good company but only freelancing position avalible
Good company but after interview decided to let me work a probation period, i was then informed that they have decided not to fill the vacant position and offered me a freelancing position.. i need to have a full time position.
Pros
big and well known company and have good products
Cons
not a permenant position
Productive and innovative
In my 5 years at Media24 I learnt a lot: how to work fast using all of your resources.
The workplace culture in the Bloemfontein was very good.

The hardest part of the job was to get all the information needed for my stories.

The most enjoyable part was when I met a lot of different people from different backgrounds.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours with not so fun shifts
5,0
A very fun place to be in
I learn a lot everyday just being in this company, I get to meet different people on a daily basis, which is of course exciting.
a typical day at work would be getting to work early, get straight to tasks there after lunch break then knock off, along the day I'd meet different people from different departments.I enjoy engaging with people from different backgrounds

the enjoyable part about the job is getting to work on stories, getting to interview experts and most of all pitching for work.
Pros
free transport to work (staff bus)
Productive and interesting
Nice place to start a career
Energetic staff

Understanding managers

Few opportunities for growth

Some employees are not happy with their salary

Perfect mentors
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Fast and creative environment
Very high paced environment. Creative environment to work in. Great team of people to associate with. Very unsure of future. Slow to change and implement.
Pros
Discount on DSTY
Cons
High stress
3,0
Good company to work for
Good company to work at but promotion to management level not good.however I was a branch manager in the Goldfields.I won most improved sales consultant national award in 2010.Companies done exeptionally in sales when I was a consultant there.I had done cold calling,face to face meetings and presentations with prospective advertisors and build up a good client database and network.
Pros
pension, medical aid, shares, 13th cheque
Cons
not very open for opinions from junior employees
4,0
creative environment and great for personal growth
I was a customer service consultant and an office administrator. I dealt with incoming calls, responding to emails and administration. Normal day at work will be to distribute daily orders to my team, check on all urgent matters, plan my day according to my diary. Calculate, balance and printing of invoices, checking on stock available before making necessary bookings out, tracking and tracing of deliveries with couriers. The workplace was very busy thus allowing minimal interactions with other staff members, the enjoyable part of my journey there was during book reviews and author visits.The hardest part was not meeting your deadlines thus creating work to carry over. My experience there taught me to work in a fast paced environment, pay attention to detail and to do it right the first time.
Pros
The interactions with the authors involved
Cons
The area location of the company
2,0
The company overall is a good company to work for. Not much space (encouragement)for growth, very deadline driven not a normal 9-5.

Offers good benefits H.r department very efficient.
Pros
Very laid back atmosphere easy going and no strict dress codes
Cons
Long hours especially on deadline days
4,0
Hands on approach, able to work alone and in teams
Management of full spectrum of facilities management of various properties throughout SA. Extensive travel involved. Project management, space planning, security, cleaning, switchboard, orders, etc.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Extensive travel by car, poor planning of projects resulting in overlapping