Medtronic Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 3 694 reviews
5,0
good culture values at workplace
Loaner set clerk (Current Employee) –  Waterfall,Midrand27 November 2019
They have very competitive company(benefits etc) they respect their employees in a way that they encourage them to speak up ,employees must be happy before customer that then the customer will be happy
5,0
Great company to work for
Customer Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng6 August 2019
Equal opportunities and great working environment.
Great company when trying to balance work and personal life.
Can express your own ideas and opinions.
5,0
One of the Best company to work for. Employees come first.
Warehouse Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 July 2019
Truly an amazing experience.
Good balance of work and family life, allows one to create his or her style of work and be comfortable.Management creates a passion for being there and results are rewarded through the year not only on bonuses.
Pros
Nice canteen, good balance of work and home.
Cons
Nothing that springs to mind
Good opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 April 2019
I appreciated the fact that Medtronic promotes from within and you have a good chance to further your career if you work hard and smart.

The fact that the SA business reports into Dubai makes it susceptible to structural changes without really understanding the market.
1,0
Company turning toxic
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 April 2019
Medtronic is in a rapid state of decline. The company has weak management and has loss focus on their staff and patients.
The company is losing staff and customers and becoming more toxic as it does so.
Pros
Competitve package
Cons
Stress and poor management
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Africa7 January 2019
The experience was amazing, I got to work with the best leaders. We were taught good team spirit. The companies ethic is on point, any one who would get the honor to work for this company,their lives would change for the better. I was only a learner but was never treated differently or taken lightly.
Pros
Yes on holidays and free transport
Cons
Normal hours
2,0
Long hours, low pay dishonest management
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sa29 August 2018
The Santa Barbara location is outsourcing its production to the Dominican Republic in April of 2019. They did not disclose this fact to me in my interview. They lied to me and led me to believe there was growth potential and advancement opportunities when they knew they were closing. Stay away from the Santa Barbara location.
Busy Environment
Technical User Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midrand6 July 2018
My job was a demanding job as I was the contact center for the IT department and I would have to work as the local IT support with staff of about 600+
Pros
Nice experience with company treats
Cons
always busy
Good environment overall
Assc Technical User Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng25 April 2018
I would recommend Medtronic to anyone who would like to work there. I worked there in the IT department for 4 years 6 months and it was a good place to gain experience.
Pros
Free cold drinks from time to time
Cons
Busy place
Good Place to Work at
Outbound support SAP (Former Employee) –  Gauteng South Africa24 April 2018
I enjoyed working at Medtronic, unfortunately due to the lack of being able to advance in the company and wanting to follow my dreams i left and began studying.
Productive workplace
Asset accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 March 2018
Good Company culture , Fun productive. You learn quite a lot , Salary benefits up to standard , recognition of employees . except that the worload is quite a lot and too demanding.
very fun to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng14 March 2018
Medtronic is a very great company to work,its safe it pays well once you permanet ,the benefits are excellent,the people are well mannered and learned
Pros
free fruits and cakes
Cons
hours are enough
5,0
You have to be dedicated and hardworking
Office Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 December 2017
Medtronic is a great company to work for.

Professionalism is high on the list. You have to be dedicated, work accurately, fast -pace working environment.

No time for errors!

Have to be a team-player and also work independently. Strong personality to deal with challenges.

Great managers to work for. Always motivated and pushing you to the next level.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
nothing really
3,0
Fun
Convention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 November 2017
My duties involved the below.

ž Project co-ordination of International and local congresses / meetings.
ž Manage and track budget, on expenses for Staff / HPC’s, PA to Business Unit Manager’s and Director.
ž Collate and track BCS Documents for KOL honoraria, Journals, congress approvals.
ž Oversees and local coordination planning through Ecats, budgeting, implementation of special events (product launches, Congresses and Academia Meetings)

I learned a great deal, internal courses up-skilled me. the best part of my job was conferences that I organized and having the customer interactions. Hardest part of my Job was having to meet deadlines with out the required budget. The work culture was amazing I am an extrovert and love people so Medtronic gave me a platform to meet people from all walks of life that I learned from.
Pros
Free Friday lunches, flexibility
Cons
Required to work more than the required hours with out overtime
Good company
Inbound Floor Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng13 September 2017
I worked there for ten years. Covidien/ Medtronic. Advancement is a bit slow, ten years with no real promotion. Even though I received an award for warehouse employee of the year.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Unexpected overtime
fun workplace
outbound operative (Former Employee) –  gauteng midrand9 January 2017
I enjoyed working there because we dont work underpreasure we work normal hours ...dificult time comes when making mistakes while proccesing orders and distribute thrm.
Pros
free lunch when working overtime
3,0
its fun with my team but bad with our supervisor.
LOAN SET CLERK (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 June 2016
its a very good company just want to grow ma self in something else where.my company have lot of benefits and working here is so fun and challenging just that there are lot of bad planning this days from our managers .
Pros
30min
Cons
8hours
Very productive
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Midrand, GP23 September 2015
A typical work day is assisting and guiding reps. Each individual must be treated differently. I have a strong sales force which is all self starters. The hardest part of the job is to have a disciplanry meeting with a rep. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you worked very hard to get a deal through and then it eventually happens. The development of individuals are priceless.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Intevering in Private time
Saving lives
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP12 March 2015
My role at Medtronic was always that of urgency and instant decision making, as I dealt in the Cardiac Surgery Sector which very often is driven by emergencies. It taught me to think on my feet under extreme pressure. I developed nerves of steel and a very clear thinking process. The management in this company was always supportive. It is a company where people develop and stay. The hardest part of my job was losing a patient, and to manage to supply life saving products when critical back orders was in the order of the day. The most enjoyable part? The satisfaction that I was instrumental in saving yet another life!
I left Medtronic to relocate to Cape Town.
Pros
Immense job satisfaction, never a dull moment
Cons
Unpredictable hours