Medtronic
Updated: 26 March 2020

Medtronic Employee Reviews

3,0
World class innovative products
Products are world class and best in class.
Local Teams are wonderful to work with. Regional teams more challenging due to language barriers.

Internal processes a nightmare.
5,0
worth the experience and great environment
Making sure that everyone is able to assign in on their machines and that all systems within the business are up and running well
management is kind and supportive workplace culture is open , most enjoyable part is giving back to charity
Medtronic
Medtronic is a great company to work for.
Managers and Mentors were welcoming and will to educate and help where necessary. Great work culture and diversity.
2,0
Great but No Advancement or Growth
Very limited to no opportunity for the learners or junior staff to grow in the company. Good management, working hours, fair stipend and overall culture.
5,0
good culture values at workplace
They have very competitive company(benefits etc) they respect their employees in a way that they encourage them to speak up ,employees must be happy before customer that then the customer will be happy
Fun workplace
Most companies don't value their staff, i believe staff should be complimented on their hard work. I had most amazing time working at Medtronic the team i was working with was great we understood each other very much. all was clear that we came to do our work.
5,0
Great company to work for
Equal opportunities and great working environment.
Great company when trying to balance work and personal life.

Can express your own ideas and opinions.
5,0
One of the Best company to work for. Employees come first.
Truly an amazing experience.
Good balance of work and family life, allows one to create his or her style of work and be comfortable.Management creates a passion for being there and results are rewarded through the year not only on bonuses.
Pros
Nice canteen, good balance of work and home.
Cons
Nothing that springs to mind
Good opportunities
I appreciated the fact that Medtronic promotes from within and you have a good chance to further your career if you work hard and smart.

The fact that the SA business reports into Dubai makes it susceptible to structural changes without really understanding the market.
1,0
Company turning toxic
Medtronic is in a rapid state of decline. The company has weak management and has loss focus on their staff and patients.
The company is losing staff and customers and becoming more toxic as it does so.
Pros
Competitve package
Cons
Stress and poor management
5,0
Productive and fun work place
The experience was amazing, I got to work with the best leaders. We were taught good team spirit. The companies ethic is on point, any one who would get the honor to work for this company,their lives would change for the better. I was only a learner but was never treated differently or taken lightly.
Pros
Yes on holidays and free transport
Cons
Normal hours
2,0
Long hours, low pay dishonest management
The Santa Barbara location is outsourcing its production to the Dominican Republic in April of 2019. They did not disclose this fact to me in my interview. They lied to me and led me to believe there was growth potential and advancement opportunities when they knew they were closing. Stay away from the Santa Barbara location.
Busy Environment
My job was a demanding job as I was the contact center for the IT department and I would have to work as the local IT support with staff of about 600+
Pros
Nice experience with company treats
Cons
always busy
Good environment overall
I would recommend Medtronic to anyone who would like to work there. I worked there in the IT department for 4 years 6 months and it was a good place to gain experience.
Pros
Free cold drinks from time to time
Cons
Busy place
Good Place to Work at
I enjoyed working at Medtronic, unfortunately due to the lack of being able to advance in the company and wanting to follow my dreams i left and began studying.
Productive workplace
Good Company culture , Fun productive. You learn quite a lot , Salary benefits up to standard , recognition of employees . except that the worload is quite a lot and too demanding.
very fun to work for
Medtronic is a very great company to work,its safe it pays well once you permanet ,the benefits are excellent,the people are well mannered and learned
Pros
free fruits and cakes
Cons
hours are enough
5,0
You have to be dedicated and hardworking
Medtronic is a great company to work for.

Professionalism is high on the list. You have to be dedicated, work accurately, fast -pace working environment.

No time for errors!

Have to be a team-player and also work independently. Strong personality to deal with challenges.

Great managers to work for. Always motivated and pushing you to the next level.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
nothing really
3,0
Fun
My duties involved the below.

ž Project co-ordination of International and local congresses / meetings.

ž Manage and track budget, on expenses for Staff / HPC’s, PA to Business Unit Manager’s and Director.

ž Collate and track BCS Documents for KOL honoraria, Journals, congress approvals.

ž Oversees and local coordination planning through Ecats, budgeting, implementation of special events (product launches, Congresses and Academia Meetings)

I learned a great deal, internal courses up-skilled me. the best part of my job was conferences that I organized and having the customer interactions. Hardest part of my Job was having to meet deadlines with out the required budget. The work culture was amazing I am an extrovert and love people so Medtronic gave me a platform to meet people from all walks of life that I learned from.
Pros
Free Friday lunches, flexibility
Cons
Required to work more than the required hours with out overtime
Good company
I worked there for ten years. Covidien/ Medtronic. Advancement is a bit slow, ten years with no real promotion. Even though I received an award for warehouse employee of the year.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Unexpected overtime
fun workplace
I enjoyed working there because we dont work underpreasure we work normal hours ...dificult time comes when making mistakes while proccesing orders and distribute thrm.
Pros
free lunch when working overtime