Medtronic
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 25 March 2020

Medtronic Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

World class innovative products
Products are world class and best in class.
Local Teams are wonderful to work with. Regional teams more challenging due to language barriers.

Internal processes a nightmare.
5,0
One of the Best company to work for. Employees come first.
Truly an amazing experience.
Good balance of work and family life, allows one to create his or her style of work and be comfortable.Management creates a passion for being there and results are rewarded through the year not only on bonuses.
Pros
Nice canteen, good balance of work and home.
Cons
Nothing that springs to mind
4,0
Good opportunities
I appreciated the fact that Medtronic promotes from within and you have a good chance to further your career if you work hard and smart.

The fact that the SA business reports into Dubai makes it susceptible to structural changes without really understanding the market.
5,0
Productive workplace
Good Company culture , Fun productive. You learn quite a lot , Salary benefits up to standard , recognition of employees . except that the worload is quite a lot and too demanding.
Fun
My duties involved the below.

ž Project co-ordination of International and local congresses / meetings.

ž Manage and track budget, on expenses for Staff / HPC’s, PA to Business Unit Manager’s and Director.

ž Collate and track BCS Documents for KOL honoraria, Journals, congress approvals.

ž Oversees and local coordination planning through Ecats, budgeting, implementation of special events (product launches, Congresses and Academia Meetings)

I learned a great deal, internal courses up-skilled me. the best part of my job was conferences that I organized and having the customer interactions. Hardest part of my Job was having to meet deadlines with out the required budget. The work culture was amazing I am an extrovert and love people so Medtronic gave me a platform to meet people from all walks of life that I learned from.
Pros
Free Friday lunches, flexibility
Cons
Required to work more than the required hours with out overtime
3,0
its fun with my team but bad with our supervisor.
its a very good company just want to grow ma self in something else where.my company have lot of benefits and working here is so fun and challenging just that there are lot of bad planning this days from our managers .
Pros
30min
Cons
8hours
4,0
Saving lives
My role at Medtronic was always that of urgency and instant decision making, as I dealt in the Cardiac Surgery Sector which very often is driven by emergencies. It taught me to think on my feet under extreme pressure. I developed nerves of steel and a very clear thinking process. The management in this company was always supportive. It is a company where people develop and stay. The hardest part of my job was losing a patient, and to manage to supply life saving products when critical back orders was in the order of the day. The most enjoyable part? The satisfaction that I was instrumental in saving yet another life!
I left Medtronic to relocate to Cape Town.
Pros
Immense job satisfaction, never a dull moment
Cons
Unpredictable hours