Merchants

Merchants Pay & Benefits reviews

Would not recommend
Hours are long with not much time to do your own personal things. The salary is also pathetic. Honestly would not recommend merchants. Only good thing is the lively personalities/ colleagues you work with everyday but thats about it.
Very stressful environment.
Working in a new campaign. Staff turnover is very high. Workload does not justify salary. Management only interested in short term solutions but failing
Salary and job culture
The culture at Merchants is one of the best where by we are all one unite and ha e understanding with collegues and management will also be growing in the company's without any salary increase or benefit although working with big accounts
Shifts and salary
Working shifts was stressful more especially nightshift.
We had no benefits which is a bit stressful working without benefits.
The overall security and culture was good.

Good working inviroment.
2,0
No opportunities for growth, management values the client more than its employees
Truly speaking only colleagues make it worthwhile working there, and the fact that jobs are scarce in this country you have to put up with the hand to mouth salary. Employees are undervalued, lower-line managers get demoted time and again. Permanent staff dont have benefits. Management doesn't really know what their employees want. The company provides top class training and experience.
5,0
productive and fun working place
I learnt so much at merchants, I learned on how to work as a team and how to interact with customers over the phone. The work place was fun and productive.The managent was so great.
Pros
Free trips and gifts
Productive and fun
Awesome staff to work with . Work environment feels as if you are in the comfort of your own home. Salary was decent. Support from management to admin staff is great.
Pros
Free lunch on a Friday
fun workplace
It is a good working environment
the hours are good and the employees are friendly and helpful.There are currently no incetives though that would make it more fun to work in the company.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
no incetives
3,0
Merchants is a great place to start your career, They have a great management and can help one to grow. It is very productive and good place to work at.
Pros
Free Lunch when working on a holiday
Cons
Long Hours
Good Company opportunity for growth
Merchants is a company that treats there employees well provides fruit daily an cereal milk an transport to work however they do not increase your salary an the company is changing alot of employees are being hired an fired
Pros
Good insentives great hours
Cons
No permanent contract
fun work place
the work place is okay but the treatment we get is not fair and the hours and changes are not communicated in time we over work and for small salary and the hours are being cut
Pros
free transport
Cons
late shifts
4,0
great place to get experience and learning customer service
working emviroment is good with warm peapole , and yes insentives are good when you do your job,we also have to team buildings as we work in teams, company once in a while will select employees to visit some resorts for a day.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, free break fast during te week
Cons
busy emviroment
Experience
I have grown by working at merchants but the problem was I worked hard and earned less money and we were not treated fairly the management didn't care about the employees all the cared about was themselves only and we're never involved only...
Pros
Free bread, coffee and tea
Cons
Healthcare, small salary and ignorant
3,0
productive and alot of pressure os required to perform
its a stepping stone shows and teaches you the co operate life and also to grow within merchants itself because there are alot of opportunities for agent at merchant
Pros
free drinks and alpt of gaming
Cons
ubnomal hours
Fun and relaxed workplace
The management was good and so was most of the staff. It is a relaxed and nice atmosphere that everyone loves. There are a lot of incentives for obviously the people that work hard. The hours are not long they are normal call center hours.
Pros
Playstation games during lunch and vouchers
Cons
Low Salary
Fun & Exciting work enviroment
Starting a day at 10 in the morning is great missing all the daily traffic and working a flexible shifts and hours allows u to do your daily duties without any hassle and stress
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Long Hours
Not a fun workplace
They should consider paying employees better and try to accommodate them in terms of transport because we sometimes work until 12am
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
long hours and struggle with Transport
1,0
worst work place
The management treat stuff like they don't need us,
they make sure they tell us we irreplaceable every day.
The shifts are crazy and salary is an insult. The only Good thing is seeing my colleagues.
Challenging and fun
Co workers were the best, they made one enjoy their job. Management had an open door policy. Coaching was somewhat a challenge. Providing feedback to agents on their performance and seeing improvements was rewarding.
Pros
Team outings
Cons
Benefits i.e medical aid
Great work enviroment
Being able to grow and develop colleagues to reaching there full potential.

Leadership and You

• Time Management

• Personal Branding

• Change Management

• HR Workshop
Pros
Late shifts
Cons
Salary
2,0
Productive with room for improvement
Most enjoyable part was informing successful candidates for certain positions, the hardest part of the job was informing unsuccessful candidates as well as poor communication skills from management and no training provided even when requested.
The experience and knowledge that I gained was to my own initiative of doing research as training was not provided.

Co works were helpful, all working as a team, an enjoyable environment.
Pros
team building, increases in salary, benefits with medical aid
Cons
poor communication from management, no training provided.