Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews

Selling insurance
Representatives (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng20 October 2019
Proffesional and be able to work under pressure, assisting in making decisions also explaining the benefits and how it works.I have learned more in life also acquiring certificates e.g..First level examination. Respect confidentiality.
Very Productive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 October 2019
Metropolitan is a Good Big Finacial company Which Provides Good Things for people and Help people about savings ,funeral cover ,life cover &educational plans.
2,0
The Salary suck as there are many aspects that will influence it... Work hours are lovely as u work your own hours...
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Grabouw, Western Cape2 October 2019
You have to use your owl salary to put petrol in your car... You drive your car in their chops for the job for nothing and put on high km....
There aren't really benefits just the pension fund that is a great benefit
Honest,positive attitude,loyal
finacial advisor (Former Employee) –  Mooirivier, KwaZulu-Natal30 September 2019
I am hard working person, kind,loyal,honest ,integrate, good problems solver,person who can work good with people, can learn fast,knows her work good.
Best insurance ever
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou27 September 2019
I have worked there from july 2017 to September 2018
It pays a lot of money
It also have benefits
I have learned a lot of things
i have gained sales skills
4,0
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng17 September 2019
I learned more about meeting the customer's needs and wants. how to work under pressure, treating my colleagues with respect. Also how to meet targets.
4,0
Fun work place
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo11 September 2019
Perfect the only thing disturbed me it is because of an accident I had so I fall behind, targets are easy to achieve, you work in your own time and pace.
Pros
Workshop
Cons
Flexible
1,0
Having me in ur team u never regret.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng10 September 2019
I leah am willing to work hard in my team, am willing to work shift and holidays.team work is my name,I like to challenging another teams. This
i was doing it at metropolitan life at kempton park before,now I just want to learn more at another companies.
2,0
I had a good opportunity to meet new people
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Vryburg, North West4 September 2019
Working at metropolitan need more time n being had worker. Being able to connect with new people everyday. U need to be a strong person. Know the policy product that you are selling to the client. Being a gently person
Productive and Exciting
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Matatiele, Eastern Cape4 September 2019
Working at Metropolitan helped me challenge myself in so many way. I was working with clients with different personalities everyday of which some of them were rude so I learnt to approach everyone and treat them fairly always. I learnt to work under pressure because I always had to meet deadlines because it's a sales company and you have to have had a certain number of sales before a certain period of time. Working here helped me to grow in working as an individual and as a team and it also helped in decision making. So overall I would say Metropolitan really did help me a lot.
Metropolitan Life
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 August 2019
I previously worked there and enjoyed everyday! It is a great business! They look after their employees very well. Great managers and a good environment
Metropilitan life
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wynberg, Western Cape8 August 2019
The vibe and enjoyment i got from interactijg with various clients was awesome. I enjoyed thw challenge tremendously. I had to source clients within a demarcated area of work and make appointments then sit down and do a conplete needs analysis for yhe customer and ascertain what their most important needs are.
5,0
I was happy for working there
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burgersfort, Limpopo8 August 2019
I was my own leader coz i am going out there alone looking for clients reaching my goals and earning more money. I was doing prospecting every morning so dat it will lead me to my working place and it is very simple if u started with god so that ur things will go the way u want it.
Pros
I was doing prospects every day morning
Cons
I was consulting clients
5,0
Iam enjoying working at mmi
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga25 July 2019
A very good company to work on you lear a lot capturing your own clients on the system,making follow-ups on your leads..😍😍iam realy enjoying being here..salary wise you have to work hard and make sure your pocket have want you deserve at the end of the month
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Normal hours
3,0
christmas party in the month of december
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Musina, Limpopo14 June 2019
i would mostly spent a day capturing data of my clients to a system and making phone calls to make follow up on clients who seems to be interested in opening account in metropolitan.i have learned to interact effectively with different people from different background and i have also learned to work under pressure.the hardest part of the job is when i didn't have enough client to get a decent salary because i was payed based on how many clients i have in my name.the enjoyable part was when i helped clients for payment after they have claimed their matured policies.
3,0
Provide more opportunities for free financial advisers
FINANCIAL ADVISER (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo15 May 2019
Lack of support and detailed training from management.Provide more opportunities for financial advisers.Management could offer employees an opportunity to raise their concerns.
Pros
Field working
Cons
Long working hours
1,0
bad company to work for
FINANCIAL ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape25 April 2019
Metropolitan is the worst company to work for. They promised me a good basic salary for 3 months. after three months the basic salary was taken away and I was demoted. That had a huge impact on my salary(take home pay) their medical aid is too expensive and you can not even dare to use it because it is too limited. Working for Metropolitan is the worst experience for any working person.
Pros
Cons
Bad bad bad employment opportunity. Be careful when applying for a job at metropolitan.
5,0
fun place to be. productive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West22 April 2019
difficult managers. i have learned to work with different kind of people with different characters. the workplace is fun.difficult part is working without basic salary
Pros
free transport, lunch and accommodation whenever there is training
Cons
there is no off
3,0
Fun and you interact with a lot of people
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Africa28 March 2019
I have learnt to manage time out in the field, to have a good relationship with people(clients).
I think the company must invest in training their people on the ground about team work and encourage positive attitude towards the job.
Pros
You manage your own time
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stanger, KwaZulu-Natal14 March 2019
Professionalism is maintained and learn a lot of self discipline,mannerism and how to approach and make them see that the product is better than other insureres
Pros
Getting to meet different people and different personalities
Cons
Patience so you can win a client