Minopex Employee Reviews

exiting work place.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 October 2018
you must always be alert and pro-active
i have learned a lot from Minopex
very professional management
workers are always united and hard working
the hardest part is working shifts
the big bonuses is really enjoyable
Pros
free coffee, sugar, milk, tea and ppe
Cons
shifts
1,0
Inconvenience
SHEQ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Limpopo8 February 2018
Minopex is a company that asked me to help them put together a safety management system. I left for Limpopo in March 2017 only to be told after 3 months that they were not renewing the contract
Good operations, long hours
Rigger and Ropesman (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, South Africa20 December 2017
A typical day is as follows:

• Perform rigging where heavy and technical lifting is required.
• Execute inspection and maintenance of lifting equipment on a
daily, weekly, and monthly basis according to the ISO standard.
• Make sure that all lifting machinery and tackle is load tested and
certified according to ISO standards.

Very good company to work for the hardest part is the long hours and little free time including weekends.

Culture is very friendly and helpful only engineer had a challenging personality to deal with but we got the job done.

Well remunerated.
Pros
Good remuneration
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Africa29 November 2017
It's fun to be at Minopex although they are still not maintaining their employment equity balance, It's a good company to work for, people are working as a team, and the culture is bearable.
Productive and Efficiecy
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng16 November 2017
I started working at Minopex when I was still young and learned a lot and I have worked and various posts, its a nice company with nice people. My typical days was when the client want you to compile a difficult report and submit as soon as possible
5,0
Mechanical Engineering Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal4 May 2017
Maintenance of plant to make sure that they are functional 24/7. You are required to visit plant to check for defects and report to foreman to inform the maintenance planner in order to have the job card.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
contracts
good and social culture
millwright artisan (Former Employee) –  Vryheid, KwaZulu-Natal20 February 2017
productive transparent culture remuneration fair productive reputable company.
versatile roles as our site had no technician or engineer which exposed us to more challenging and educationally stimulating expirience
Pros
managent accessible
Cons
no shift work for artisans
3,0
Comitted supervision and motivative to subordinates
plant attendant (Former Employee) –  Anywhere but preferably Mpumalanga n kzn17 February 2017
I'm the discipline and hard working employee believe in team work and in effective communication and I also consider and respect other people opinions and suggestions because I believe that promotes high moral of participation make the job easy and faster for everyone and everyone feel important.
Pros
Allocated time for lunch
Cons
Prepared to go extra miles if possible
3,0
Productive and enjoyable work place
process attendant (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West13 January 2017
Work as a team,good communication skills,effective to trouble shooting,adhere to safety standards when operating in the sections.taking all employees to their jobs trainings for competency,ensuring adherence to all specified process parameters within the sections, adherence to the company's policies and procedures
Pros
Braai's, vouchers, free luch
5,0
Challenging Client base with real result driven management
SHEQ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, Witbank , Musina2 October 2016
Well organised company with management supporting and backup employees at all levels. Future development opportunities available. Ensure all employees received relevant training to perform to their full abilities.
Pros
Management acknowledgement toward success
Cons
No real cons
Good leadership
Engineering Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunninghill, Gauteng10 June 2016
Minopex has an understanding their staff being their biggest assets and I felt that... great place to work.

Good leadership, good work ethics and definitely a place one can excel and be recognised for their efforts.
Pros
Exposure to difference mining operations, people and places
Cons
Travelling...
3,0
Very fun and productive place to be
safety department access controller (Former Employee) –  Limpopo6 May 2016
Minopex gave me the opportunity to experience mining as i worked in a concentrator plant processing platinum. i learned the process fro crushing up until filtering. the hardest part of my job was to be productive when working 12hour shift. My co- workers were very good to me as they taught me everything about the plant,especially the supervisors.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, milk and sugar for free for each shift every month
Cons
overtime on selected days like maintanace days
2,0
Extremely frustrating
Acting SHEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kroondal3 February 2016
inter racial conflicts. too much politics. overwhelming workload and not being appreciated. less opportunity to develop in the department and one tends to get stuck in the same position for long. Job tokenism for white people.
Pros
Study support
Cons
Disregard of other employees' feelings and work space
Fun workplace
Learner metallurgist (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, MP29 September 2015
i personally enjoyed the experience because of just that it was indeed an experience. It was a plant that was commissioned and that means we were bound to find problems around the plant and you always had to be on your feet to anticipate the breakdowns and frequent stoppages. so i enjoyed been constantly on my feet and getting dirty . Although the gap between management and the students for communication purposes for sharing ideas was null. i hope future students don not suffer the same fate.
Pros
Periodic Braai's, a very nice welcome to the students .
Cons
contracted so less opportunity to be granted a job.
3,0
hard work will open doors
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Potgietersrus, LP24 August 2015
how to communicating to your workers ,to learn ever day something new ,how importing safety are for mine ,hardest ting at work are young people don't want to work and learn ,my enjoyable part off job are to have work and go to work and go happy back to home
productive
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, MP7 July 2015
working there was the best thing that has ever happened, too much of work but understandable.
I learned working in fire assay laboratories and to work in wet analysis.
our management gave us enough time to rest and together with the colloquies made the daily task easy.
the hardest part of the job comes when you are still new, it wasn't easy working 12 hours a day, but as time goes it is enjoyable.
I start enjoying my day when i'm done with my daily duties.
Pros
free days off
4,0
Quality service and high standards
Metallurgical Trainne (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW31 January 2015
The environment at workplace allows to be flexible and highly productive at your daily basis Job. I have learnt a lot in terms of Metallurgical quality management, building strong and flexible team and maintaining a good relationship within a team to ensure the continuous planning, profitable and safe achievements of production targets and product quality to the satisfaction of Company's clients. To maintain good product requirements and quality at inconsistent properties of raw material has been very challenging yet an effort to achieve what was targeted was so enjoyable.
Pros
I loved occasional lunches with management sharing work related and social life stories
Cons
Long hours has never been easy but highly beneficial.
Productive and good company
Boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW17 January 2015
Plant inspection on daily basis, attending to breakdown and do daily job planning. New process plant, one of its own kind and uses high technology to process the material. I have learned how to maintain high technology in the country. everyone learns on day to day basis. in terms of the hardest part of the job is that sometimes there is a breakdown on machinery and there is no spares for it, you have to make a long term plan.
2,0
productive
metallurgy student (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW15 December 2014
one enters in the morning and signs the register, thereafter I receive instructions from the plant metallurgist and I implement them. my co-workers are great people to work with, they are very supportive. the hardest part of the job would be carrying heavy sample buckets. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting dirty, meaning obtaining first hand experience in whatever I'll be doing. the learning part is the most enjoyable part. I learned how to work with different characters at work; how to manage people if need be and how to become successful in a working environment.
Pros
good training, excellent mentors
Cons
unfairness, favouritism
Productive Company
Data Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kroondal, NW3 December 2014
Minopex is a great company to work for, a typical day at work is good and fun. I have learnt quite a lot in the 7 yrs of being with the company - how to handle stressful situations, how to work with people. My co-workers are fabulous people - really! Most enjoyable part of my job would be the hours worked - 07h00 to 15h30.
Pros
Good Working Hours
Cons
No Lunch Time