MMI Holdings Employee Reviews

productive and happier
financial consultant (Former Employee) –  soweto mamponya22 November 2019
my first day was wow like enjoying to be at work and very exciting to meet different kind of people. I learn a lot how to do presentation and to face many people and going out to see the really word. in terms of management was very fair and giving advises and mentoring us how to make a business, its was very important to respect other and even their culture race age ,on my side the hardest part of my job its where am out to see client and when am about to meet him/her and explain my product and the client reject me by saying I do have policies and I don't like you company. wow the most its where I reach the target and within the close date that's make me happy
Pros
free lunch on monthend
Cons
8 to 6
not very organised culture
Clinical (hospital) case manager (Current Employee) –  clinical conslutant21 November 2019
There is no motivation.
Skills are not applied correctly.
Not sure what the future holds at this company.
Want to move as soon as possible.
Salary not good. they could offer more for my skills and experience.
I put in a lot but do not get recognition for my extra time and work i put in
What is unique about MMI Holdings
Annuity Administrator (Current Employee) –  Momentum Corporate4 November 2019
MMI holdings has a culture like no other company has. We treat each other like family and enjoy working with one another even under stressful situations. We work best as a team.
Poor salary
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape29 October 2019
Promises about salary expectations never materialised.
No basic as promised
Poor explanation on commission structure
No benefits
No worksites
No laptop cell phone airtime provided
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor salary and clawbacks
good workplace
Legal Drafter (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng21 October 2019
Work is usually busy.
I have learned a wide range of computer skills and legal knowledge.
Culture is very relaxed.
Most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with other employees to provide me with feedback and information to ensure that my part of the job was done speedily.
4,0
exciting and productively challenging
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng15 October 2019
MMI Holdings is a very vibrant work environment with great leadership structures and dynamic staff members from security guards, cleaners and teammates. With great incentives for good performers.
2,0
Extremely unfair business practices and working environment tainted by political/racial motives.
Admin (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng10 October 2019
I have worked for MMI for a good couple of years and saw how a once prosperous corporate, an amazing company and proud workplace became a place where YOUR value were placed along political requirements and not on the experience and skills you bring to the table. I was saddened to see how MANY political appointments were made - with most of those candidates (even in very high appointments) jumping from opportunity to opportunity - not having or taking accountability for the mess they have left behind. The HR of MMI is non-existent with appalling employee record keeping. Management is full of promises - and ultimately only looking after themselves and chasing their own bonuses... I am not a disgruntled employee and have left on good terms - but if you are someone living the "values" suggested by MMI - think twice as the company does not seem to operate under their own set of values.
Fantastic company, great culture
Java & IBM BPM Developer (Current Employee) –  Centurion Gauteng South Africa16 September 2019
Would never dream of leaving the company if it wasn't for the fact that my only child has relocated to Europe.
It is a privilege to work with friendly, go-getter people in a culture based on tribal unity & strength.
The team structures offer growth opportunities and support.
Management strives to lead by example and their doors are always open for discussions.
I love coding and learning. Sometimes workload makes it difficult to find time to learn, but it is the nature of the industry.
I want to end my day feeling that I have achieved something worthwhile, made a positive and valued contribution.
I avoid office politics, as I find it non-productive and unsettling.
My motto is - don't play the blame game, find the problem, fix it, learn from it and move on.
Pros
Informal, friendly, supportive
Cons
No cons to working for the company, unfortunately challenges as a result of crime and uncertainty in country
Unstable management structure
Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng24 July 2019
Poor remuneration
No succession planning
Politics dominate successful business principles
Poor motivation for studies and the financing and acknowledgement thereof
5,0
It is an enjoyable and relaxed work environment with great team members
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Centurion7 July 2019
I currently work in the product development team of MMI Holdings. I have a gained a lot of valuable experience across a number of the company’s different savings and life products. I am required to work with Microsoft excel, word, VBA and SQL on a daily basis.
The workplace environment is a very easy one to work in, as the culture of the company is a very relaxed one. I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about the different insurance products which MMI has to offer.
Pros
Amazing study support and flexible working hours
Cons
I live quite far from the office so traffic can get a bit tiresome some days.
Fun times
Manager IT Audit (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 July 2019
Demanding staff
Helpful and friendly and curious for knowledge and new learning
Lots of fun times making work a pleasure
Product launches with fun fare
Pros
Cricket tickets and product launches
Cons
Parking
2,0
Personal Assistant to Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Mafikeng, North West3 July 2019
A day at work, is like being with family. The people I work with are friendly and easy to get along. What I have learnt is that the insurance industry is not as easy as I thought it is. The pressure is on daily. The hardest part about the job is the micro management. Trust from management is not there. You report every little thing. The culture is not one I can really say its easy to adapt to especially with my previous work background.
Great Company
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Centurion South Africa13 June 2019
MMI is a great place to work. It afforded me the opportunity to learn and to grow. The organisation is big enough for one to choose how one wants to add value and you are not stuck in the same position. The culture is great embracing diversity and autonomy. It is a flat structured work environment where everyone's view is valued.
Very Productive
Always look forward for the day i have learned how to communicate with team members and the management. Working in a Marketing Department where by sometimes we get very busy and work under pressure and at that point everyone will line up for their task so i had to priorities. most enjoyable is when we understand each other
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Over times
Not Great
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Momentum17 May 2019
Always left to feel Over worked Under paid
No room for growth, they do not offer any benefits except RA and Provident, they work place environment is uncomfortable and they make allot of empty promises
4,0
Productive and Fun Workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape16 May 2019
It was a very polite and good working environment. I have learnt to respect diverse cultures and be open minded about their policies. Management has a great management style and open for constructive critism. The workplace culture is friendly and consistent when it comes to policies, rules and very strict about Protection Of Personal Information. The hardest part of the job is to work very hard not knowing about the future as the medical aid industry is unstable. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have access to all the company resources..
Pros
Free Tshirt and anything that the company is offering to the staff
Cons
Team Lunches
productive
Unitization Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng8 April 2019
Momentum is a great environment, friendly and relaxed
thnk the can improve more with improving the employees future
bubbly people
I enjoy the job but i would love a platform to grow myself more which is difficult to get
Fun Workplace
5. Building reports on QlikView
6. Sending data out to internal clients
7. Dealing with Adhoc requests
1,0
Sales targets are set high and there is no basic salary
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape13 March 2019
Your Monday always starts with appointments or making appointments with potential leads that you've generated. Working through potential lead and contacting clients to make an appointment. Handling complaints and issuing or processes new policies. My main experience was customer service on a day to day bases.
Pros
Cons
you usually have to see clients after work your job end sometimes at 9am
It's okay.
Legal drafter (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape9 February 2019
Worked in legal department. Not much opportunity to grow. I noticed that people are foolish. Not a great atmosphere to work in. Salary increase is not definite.
Cons
Bad atmosphere