MMI Holdings

MMI Holdings Employee Reviews

challenging and enjoyable
challenging work load and enjoyable if preference is working under pressure. A combination of administrative tasks as well as client focused strategies
3,0
People with disabilities were not offered transport from the station to work and back to work
The company must really care for people with disabilities especially for the shuttles.The company didn't offered top positions for people with disabilities.
productivity and culture
Organized, technology friendly , relevant with all industry changes, diversity 100%, Team work is key. The salaries differ , being Positive and focused on work is important
Productive and nice workplace
Productive and nice workplace
Working as a team was best

Growth in careers is there, and many opportunities to excel your career (skill).

Welcoming is perfect
Funworking place
Each day you need to make sure you apply correct premiums to policies, and always make sure that the companies are paying the correct premiums for our clients. It is always fulfilling knowing that you have helped a broker by applying the policies on time as it affects their commission if premiums are not reconciled on time. It is always challenging when the Payroll officers from different companies are not willing to pay the premiums for their employees and our duty is to convince them to always make sure they pay on time as it may affect our clients when claim arises.
fun workplace
the company is a fun place to work at.There are however not enough growth opportunities within the company. The salary structure was mostly commission so it can get a bit stressful at times.
Work experience at MMI
I enjoyed working at MMI Holdings. The people were all like one family. The work is very fast-paced to reach our targets, but we had our fun moments as well.
Fun workplace
I had a lot of fun with my team as we were rewarded a lot for team achievements. They look after their employees and their wellness. I learned a lot about people management and team development.
Productive and Fun Environment
The environment at MMI is very professional and has individuals that know what they are supposed to do, and how to contribute to the company. Very organised.
Very productive
I've gained lot of experience on how to deal with difficult clients and also learned how to be disciplined at all the time
I'm now a go getter and have mission and objectives of my vision.
3,0
IT Work place very demanding, but a lot of experience to be gained. The staff are pleasant and everyone tries to pull their weight
Check system availability in the morning , monitor applications during the day. When on standby, ensure availability for emergencies.

There were several applications that had to be checked. Some were done via an automated system, and some manually.
Stressfull environment
Initially it was full of fun, Environment was conducive under previous management who was real human and understands that each individual has home life not only work,
4,0
If you want to do best u work smart
MMI showed me great rewards of hardworking. I started as a financial advisor then i was promoted to senior financial advisor. Through hardworking and dedication.
productive and happier
my first day was wow like enjoying to be at work and very exciting to meet different kind of people. I learn a lot how to do presentation and to face many people and going out to see the really word. in terms of management was very fair and giving advises and mentoring us how to make a business, its was very important to respect other and even their culture race age ,on my side the hardest part of my job its where am out to see client and when am about to meet him/her and explain my product and the client reject me by saying I do have policies and I don't like you company. wow the most its where I reach the target and within the close date that's make me happy
Pros
free lunch on monthend
Cons
8 to 6
1,0
not very organised culture
There is no motivation.
Skills are not applied correctly.

Not sure what the future holds at this company.

Want to move as soon as possible.

Salary not good. they could offer more for my skills and experience.

I put in a lot but do not get recognition for my extra time and work i put in
What is unique about MMI Holdings
MMI holdings has a culture like no other company has. We treat each other like family and enjoy working with one another even under stressful situations. We work best as a team.
1,0
Poor salary
Promises about salary expectations never materialised.
No basic as promised

Poor explanation on commission structure

No benefits

No worksites

No laptop cell phone airtime provided
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor salary and clawbacks
good workplace
Work is usually busy.
I have learned a wide range of computer skills and legal knowledge.

Culture is very relaxed.

Most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with other employees to provide me with feedback and information to ensure that my part of the job was done speedily.
exciting and productively challenging
MMI Holdings is a very vibrant work environment with great leadership structures and dynamic staff members from security guards, cleaners and teammates. With great incentives for good performers.
2,0
Extremely unfair business practices and working environment tainted by political/racial motives.
I have worked for MMI for a good couple of years and saw how a once prosperous corporate, an amazing company and proud workplace became a place where YOUR value were placed along political requirements and not on the experience and skills you bring to the table. I was saddened to see how MANY political appointments were made - with most of those candidates (even in very high appointments) jumping from opportunity to opportunity - not having or taking accountability for the mess they have left behind. The HR of MMI is non-existent with appalling employee record keeping. Management is full of promises - and ultimately only looking after themselves and chasing their own bonuses... I am not a disgruntled employee and have left on good terms - but if you are someone living the "values" suggested by MMI - think twice as the company does not seem to operate under their own set of values.
Fantastic company, great culture
Would never dream of leaving the company if it wasn't for the fact that my only child has relocated to Europe.
It is a privilege to work with friendly, go-getter people in a culture based on tribal unity & strength.

The team structures offer growth opportunities and support.

Management strives to lead by example and their doors are always open for discussions.

I love coding and learning. Sometimes workload makes it difficult to find time to learn, but it is the nature of the industry.

I want to end my day feeling that I have achieved something worthwhile, made a positive and valued contribution.

I avoid office politics, as I find it non-productive and unsettling.

My motto is - don't play the blame game, find the problem, fix it, learn from it and move on.
Pros
Informal, friendly, supportive
Cons
No cons to working for the company, unfortunately challenges as a result of crime and uncertainty in country
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MMI Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6