Monsanto Employee Reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the search See all 1 723 reviews
Career oppotunity
Marketing intern (Former Employee) –  Fourways, Gauteng11 October 2018
A typical day is relaxed and friendly employees
The CEO has a sense of humour that makes everyone feel at ease
Benefits are good as well
The challenges include long hours of working and travelling long distances
Free lunch and good hotels for when you travel
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No effective communication
Excellant work place
Senior Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fourways, Gauteng5 July 2018
Good Working hours and excellant company to work for.
The company has great benefits and you look forward to be at Montsanto every day to work there.

You are treat as a family member
Pros
Excellant Managemnet
productive and potential growth
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Fourways6 June 2018
as I am result orientated, I prefer all task complete daily. I am reliable and easy to work with. good management is the one that is easy to work with and open for new idea. hard working give positive results
Pros
daily free tea and occational lunches. it also pays its employees good than other companies
Cons
lot of travelling
5,0
Best place I ever worked, on a farm river on one side and mountins at the back.
ESH Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malalane, Mpumalanga17 November 2017
Each day would start with the workers singing.
Learned that there are good workers that only want to do their job the safest way.
Family orientated management.
High safety workplace culture. DO it write the first time. Safe time, safe money, save lives.
Leaving the company was the hardest part.
Had the opportunity to visit other sites and factories worldwide.
Pros
Perk vehicle allowance, Discovery medical aid, provident fund, shares when company did well.
Cons
Long drives from Malalane to sites in Gauteng and NorthWest.
Technology Company and results driven
ECIP & Salesforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Raceway / Fourways24 January 2017
Working with the Sales team on Salesforce/ECIP offline
Learned a lot about people skills, people management, system- and process management

Culture is family orientated and all working in a casual but serious results driven environment

Hardest part of the job is when communication does not flow through correctly which sometimes cause short deadlines for all levels to reach targets and goals

Enjoyable is working with an extremely creative and innovative sales team - they make every day different and enjoyable and fun and challenging - all at the same time
Pros
Car package, petrol card, cellphone
Cons
Sometimes long hours
3,0
time based work results driven
scientific technician (Current Employee) –  Lichtenburg, North West3 October 2016
I can never get used to this company, my skill has drastically improved, I have learned a lot some of the things I rather not say, management is good, I have a one of a kind manager, and always professional co-workers relationship, the lab employees are young energetic and hard workers.
Pros
job recorgnition
Cons
no mistakes required
Productive workplace
ECIP & Salesforce Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 September 2016
I work with 60 Sales Representatives/Brokers on a daily basis and main focus is on ECIP (EMEA Customer Intelligence Platform) which links into Salesforce.com
I have learned over the past 6 years to better understand people, people behavior, dealing and handling system failures and errors, building excellent relationships with the Sales Team.
I have learned to prioritize, cope with stressful and time consuming work related issues and to reach goals with great success and give credit to all the people that assist in reaching company goals. I have learned to work smarter, get strategies in place to make sure we have a smooth work run and flow and work hard on bettering the systems to ensure goals gets reach faster and smarter within the necessary guidelines and policies of the company.
I have learned that communication is of up most importance to make sure everybody is on the same page and same understanding towards business strategies and goals. You need to understand where all the key departments fit in the puzzle to reach goals and understand their challenges so that you can have a smooth workflow.
My co-workers and I work closely together, stay in the communication chain to ensure that all necessary planning is in place that all the links fit in the work flow. I have a bunch of good humored people which lightens the days and make sure that we work hard but that we have time for a little bit of play to ensure relationship building.
The hardest part of my job currently is that two of our systems are n not linked yet - so this specific systems play a crucial role in ensuring
  more... customer satisfaction. To manage the two links between the two systems is hard and extremely challenging to ensure that we have the best results at the end of the day. This can also cause great frustration amongst the Sales Team as they do not understand the two systems are not linked yet. The two systems not being linked causes great challenges towards their selling processes as well.
The other great challenge is that the support for my Salesforce.com system is sitting in Europe and come a public holiday for example, well it causes an even greater challenge if system is on error.
ENJOYABLE part of my work is working closely with the Sales Team. These are creative, active, intelligent people with great sense of humor and excellent capabilities. They give me join in my every day work as 90% revolve working closely with them all the time sorting out there problems and issues and going home feeling satisfied in my work I have done for the day. The enjoyable part of my day is to see how I turn their frustration into laugher and resolve their issues into seeing and experiencing their delight thereof. Their appreciation on helping/assisting/fixing and resolving issues.
Pros
Ipad, Laptop, Car Allowance, Good medical aid, excellent pensionfund, cellphone, petrol card
Cons
Currently no growing opportunity
4,0
Challenging environment, interesting mix of people, awesome teamwork!
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 July 2016
Management style is definitely changing within the company, I was privileged to be a part of the restructuring process within the customer operations department whereby myself and my team members had to draft and assist to implement the new structure, as well as introduce this structure to upper management.

A typical day would include interaction and communication with various departments, being accounts, logistics, health and safety, regional managers, sales reps and brokers, in order to accomplish our common goal - meeting transactional requirements, completion of order processing, providing support to other departments/teams, resolving customer queries.

I am part of a diversified team of woman, their personalities, traits and skills are unique and interesting and together we form an incredible customer operations team.
Pros
Working in a close knit team has helped to strengthen my networking, communication and conflict resolution skills, We have had the opportunity to travel within SA during annual conferences.
Cons
In the 5 years of working for this company, I have not identified any space for growth
High Class Company
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fourways, Gauteng14 April 2016
A Typical Day at work could only be described as busy and satisfactory completing projects I set out to complete
I learned to prioritize as I had such a diverse group of Managers I assisted
I worked well with all managers and I believe that Monsanto has a very efficient Management Team
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I normally get along with everyone
Hardest part of my Job was time management as I get very involved in any project and spend more time to detail than is needed sometimes
I enjoyed arranging conferences and functions the most. I can live out my creativity and it is very satisfactory to see a function to the last detailed arrangement.
Pros
Excellent remuneration and benefits
Cons
Sometimes decisions is made in Global Management affecting employees negatively
Mature culture
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP22 May 2015
Monsanto is a global company and is aimed at creating a great place to work for its people. It is a mature culture. Work is very focused and the company does create opportunities for moving forward.
I enjoyed my worked
Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malalane, MP21 April 2015
When I walked in at Monsanto 7 years ago, I did not know any thing about safety. I learned how important it is for employee to go home the same way he came to work....safe. I learned about labour laws.
A tipical week can range from wages to safety audits. through this I learned how to reconised risk in areas.
Pros
Mon - Fri off on Public holiday, received training
Cons
worked on contract basis with no extras
3,0
productive and a great stepping stone.
internship (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP9 December 2014
having had to carry through my project without supervision, learned how to be self dependent and having to step up as a supervisor to the field workers,
the hardest part of my job was that there is no room for mistakes, but learned to pay attention to detail and be accurate.
my most enjoyable time at work is that i get to expand my knowledge and skills with the team that i am assigned. I make it a point that i learn each day
Very Good
Admin / reception / Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  GP6 October 2014
All I can say its were a very good and strong company to work for with lots of extras, and we all work very nice together. we also work under a lot of presure but we always cope.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Office hours
Productive and evolving workplace
crop production assistant (Current Employee) –  Lichtenburg, NW29 August 2014
The environment allows individual ideas to be expressed and problem solving is encouraged
Pros
support structures
Productive and adding value
Contract Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 February 2014
I learnt to be productive, added value to the company, to be a team-player, to follow on the the leaders namely; Seniors and HOD's. Learn on how to write, discuss and present the audit report. To learnt and understood on how to make audit follow-ups on matters that were outstanding. Learnt to conduct more than one audit.

I also learn on how to audit an agricultural/farming company on various discount that they were awarding on its customers.
Pros
Cellphone allowances, car allowance, medical aid and provident fund
Cons
Not sufficient salary and increment
4,0
Good company to work for, very customer based
Contract Accountant/Internal Auditing (Current Employee) –  Nuffield, Springs - Gauteng, SA29 July 2013
Typical day at work is making sure that I followup on all invoices charged to clients that discounts given are in line with the company policies and procedures. I learnt a lot about the agricultural world, the food we eat, what the climate do to the farmers and planting. How the different seasons affects us.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Temporary job
great co workers
Cash Accountant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg,fourways 24 May 2013
Friendly people and we have a great team but our department is structured in a way that growth opportunities are very limited,dealing with difficult creditors ,i enjoy doing my work accurate and meet deadlines.
Normal day at work
ESH Contact (Current Employee) –  Lichtenburg23 May 2013
I have learned that even though you are a leader you have to give all your support to the employees in order for you to get the best out of them.
Monsanto management does give support to Safety and related issues.
Employees are not always enthusiastic and positive towards Safety but I have involved them in certain areas and they are responding well.
Harderst part of the job is working with someone who is always negative,in that case i take the work home and do it at home and discuss with him in the morning and get his opinions and views and we change some of the details on the work together.
I enjoy training the employees because i get to speak to them and see the state of understanding on the topic that Iam training them on and they also get to ask me questions and speak to me because they dont realy know me as I have not been in the Company for long
4,0
Something new to learn and implement regularly. Diverse group of people from different cultures and countries.
ESH Generalist (Current Employee) –  Brits, South Africa - base4 April 2013
Travel regularly to different locations (away from home at least 15 days of every month). Started with zero qualifications and experience in Occupational Safety and have managed to obtain formal qualifications and experience since 2004. Have also been promoted from initial position where I was responsible for one location to providing support to local Occupational Safety person at the various locations.
I enjoy the interaction with different colleagues that I come into contact with. Resolving the challenges that we face in Africa when compared to Monsanto facilities in other world regions is fulfilling.
5,0
self development and fun work place
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  mpumalanga, malelane25 November 2012
Self growth
leadership skills
Working underpressure
Team working
Whether conditions always intefere with day to day activities
Pros
team meetings
Cons
unpredicatable whether conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1