Moore Stephens Employee Reviews

1,0
Very hostile and unprofessional
Junior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal4 June 2018
Managers are young, inexperienced and unprofessional. Managers cannot plan deadlines efficiently. Most work done, is of mediocre quality and audits are not completed thoroughly because of strict deadlines as a result of lack of planning skills.
1,0
Rather negative environment
Article clerk (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng23 May 2018
This is not really the place to do articles if you are still studying. The company is very short-staffed with clerks coming and leaving.It will be expected for you to work 12-14 hour days as well as on weekends. The vibe among the clerks are very negative, caused be being overworked. Clerks don't really last at this company, especially if they are studying. On the job training is also not that good.
Pros
Cons
Lots of internal admin, unhelpful supervisors
5,0
Productive fun workplace
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng15 October 2017
I truly enjoy my work in a company where management gives you challenges to learn every day. Work is taken serious but there is time for play by means of community projects we do. Hardest part of work is going home.
Pros
Partners have an open door policy.
Its Just a OK place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Benoni11 August 2017
You will get great experience in terms of accounting and audit, but the culture is poor. Management is distant to the well being of clerks. Its usually short staffed and you overworked. Lesson just finish your articles and leave.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Over worked
2,0
Unwelcoming, exhausting and unmotivating
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  benoni11 March 2017
Although I gained skills and knowledge from the firm, it was not a pleasant place to work as the environment was unmotivated, unreasonable work load and not thoroughly planned out division of work.
Pros
helpful manager
Cons
long hours, weekend work and minimal support
Was not what i thought
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng24 January 2017
There is nothing to complain about - All is in order was just not my field and needed to change. everybody is friendly and always willing to help out. you do learn alot from this firm
3,0
Very busy but fun workplace
Junior Accountant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 September 2016
A typical day at work normally starts with a welcoming smile from co-workers at Moore Stephens on your way to your office. As an accounting company there is always plenty of work to be done as they work with many different clients simultaneously. So employees aim to be as productive as possible in the given working hours each day. Working at Moore Stephens I have learnt how to work under pressure and how to be as productive as possible during the day. Between managing general admin work and filing I have learnt how to adapt and be flexible enough to balance between my general daily requirements and unexpected projects or tasks that may be added day by day. The management at Moore Stephens strive to be supportive of their co-workers as well as attending to their client's needs. I have had the privilege of working with fellow co-workers and have learnt allot from them. They have welcomed me with friendliness and patiently helped me in my training and tasks. The hardest part of my job at Moore Stephens would be making sure to get everything done in time for dead lines as the amount of work was not easily done in the short amount of time during a full working day. But I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers and doing my daily assignments. The most enjoyable part of my job at Moore Stephens was being able to work in a quiet environment at my own desk with my own computer.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Busy phonelines
Semi formal
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP13 October 2015
Good management
Learned a lot in audit department
No benefits
People persons
Always availale to help one another
Pros
1 free day leave each year
Cons
No free time
3,0
Good place to work if you are an accountant
Agricultural Economist (Current Employee) –  Humansdorp, EC9 October 2014
The people working here are very friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job is the timesheets you are required to do and the best part of the job is the co-workers you work with.
4,0
Interactive workplace with an opendoor policy
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP24 July 2013
We work hard during working hours, but also have social days scheduled in our diaries during which we get to know each other. We work together on clients and also have clients assigned to us. I get along with my co-workers and enjoy working with them on certain clients and projects. The hardest part of the job is having to ask clients for information over and over again with no reaction. I enjoy the fact that there is a cronological order in which I do my work, but I am still able to bring creativity and spontanity into the workplace.
Pros
You work at your own pace and according to your own schedule.
Cons
working in an open office, not everybody is considerate to others.
5,0
Execellent
Account (Current Employee) –  Pmb16 October 2012
• Maintaining accounting records (bookkeeping) via Pastel Accounting

• Supervising and assisting junior trainees.

 A comprehensive knowledge, understanding and experience of accounting officer duties