mothers2mothers Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Mentor mother (Former Employee) –  Gauteng23 March 2018
I made difference in mothers who are living with HIV educating and empowering them.the service we provide them where group health talk ,support group, one on one, pre education etc
Cons
8hurs
5,0
Very Productive and Driven workplace with lots of awesome team players
Personal Assistant and Administrator (Current Employee) –  Finance/Operations6 February 2018
A really great company to work for. Very family orientated with lots of fun, laughter and crying at the same time. It really is a home away from home.
Pros
Free Coffee..l
Cons
Retrenchments a possibility
Informative and fun
Site cordinator (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal durban28 June 2017
Working for this organisation was truly amazing, the way staff is taking cared of.The well put together in_service training and the support from management to staff is incredibly. The working environment is welcowing.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No benefits
3,0
challenging place to work
site coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northdale Hospital, kwaZulu Natal9 June 2017
Working at this company was good at best. The top management were a great group to work for. I gained a lot of experience working as a site coordinator. They taught me administration, HR duties, Finance and Management. I will particularly always cherish the experience I gained working partly as the company's spokeswoman. I got to travel abroad and talk to potential international funders. Overall Mothers2Mothers was great.
Pros
travelling
Cons
no personal time even when on leave.
Site coordinater (Current Employee) –  kzn13 December 2016
I gained more knowledge and experience in this organisation , I don't regret even a single minutes being mothers2mothers
Pros
More trainings
Cons
Health care services
4,0
we meet a diversity of individuals where from that we learn each others challenges and reap fruitfull rewards . we are united as family
Site coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, Brits, North west28 November 2016
We interact with patients from different cultures where we have to respect their believes so at the end they are happy with services we provide to them. From the organisation I learnt that respect, integrity, honesty, diversity and teamwork will take you far as a person. We always support each other through their weakness to achieve better results as a team and use each others strong point to fill gaps so that our challenges could not be exposed to outsiders. The hardest thing is dealing with aggressive non adhering patients from treatment. Making a difference to someone's life no matter how little is what makes me feel good
Pros
reimbursement on travelling
Cons
everchanging management
2,0
very touch and enjoyable
mentoring. (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 July 2016
very demanding
learn lot especial personal problems and family problems
most of the time I was working on my own. management was not around. I supervise myself, just reporting to head office monthly
we worked as a team and assist each other
when deal with people not accepting their status
when receiving calls from your client asking question about things you discussed with them in support groups meeting and when come up with their families or partnesrs
4,0
Good
Mentor Mother (Current Employee) –  EC17 February 2015
On Wednesday we are load of work,most of client are coming on Wednesday,
I've learnt more about ARV'S and guidelines,
The management was were very kind and carrying manager's we were doing in service training every month.
We had a very strong team working colleagues.
The hardest time is when a patient don't want to take treatment and you know that the baby will be infected.
Enjoyable time is when the mother's are complying to their treatment.
Pros
Loach time
5,0
Productive and pleasant working space
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN8 January 2015
the best part of my day was seeing all my colleagues. then communicating with vendors and site staff.
to put a lot of hard work in to make sure vendors gets paid.
5,0
It is productive and fun
Evaluation and Operation Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC29 September 2014
I enjoy waking up and going to work every morning, It is a fun place to work and the staff members are like one big family
4,0
A very diverse, fun and very educational enviroment to work in
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC8 May 2014
A typical day would be making sure that all in my team have what they need to make their working day easier. Dealing with creditors making sure that they have been paid, that travel arrangments have been made properly, always being observant by looking for a gap or a need in the flow of administration department to speed up the flow of document processing and keeping an eye on individual's individual expenditure and claims. Making sure that my immediate reportees are at their optimum level and are always positive.

Being such a diverse enviroment filled with so many highly educated individual from all over the world I have leant to focus a large amount of time on the individual as they spent most of there day in the enviroment i find it very important not to overlook that aspect. It's not just about the job but the individual performing the job.

To be a good manager is not to manage but to be a good guide to be a good example to know when to follow and when to lead, to be able to admit that because your title reads manager does not always mean you are always right and always know everything. To be open minded and listen to the needs.

I found that the best part of the day walking into work in the morning being able to smile and say good morning to all my co workers. These are the people who rely on you and you rely on to achieve a common goal.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it, but the most enjoyable part was working there.