Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Mott Macdonald
GCBS Data Verifier/Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  South Africa18 May 2018
It’s a company that demands one to always be on the feet, demands a 110% at all times. It’s a great company to work in and there’s always something new to learn.
Professional and Fun Environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 May 2018
In the years I have been here I have managed to grow almost yearly career wise. There is apparent room for growth. It is world competitive. I have learned a lot, and I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Nnone
Flexible and Productive
The Moving Billboard Picture Company (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 February 2018
I loved everything about this job, the flexible hours and working with NGO's. I must say that I grew in my time as a Monitoring & Support Stuff. Enjoyed seeing young peoples lives being impacted daily.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Travelling
It was very productive, funny, and a good work learning environment.
SANRAL Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Trompsburg, Free State28 November 2017
Mott MacDonald was an excellent company with Global outreach. I learnt how to manage projects, the working staff was diverse, and there was continuous internal training programs. The only problem was looming retrenchments every year in the later years of my stay there. This made the working environment very insecure.
Pros
Very cordial and friendly working atmosphere
Cons
Looming retrenchments
Productive and health educational workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 October 2017
It was a good experience. Exposed me to many different aspects and how to think on the go.
Helped me with building my office skills and how to meet deadlines as they are particularly strict when it comes to that.
Pros
Get to work with different aspects of person
Cons
productive and always on programme
Technician (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal10 August 2017
2. Mott MacDonald is a very productive company a place where u can grow your knowledge in construction and consulting. people are very friendly open.
Pros
year end funtions
Cons
we sometimes work holidays but they don't pay
Vacation Student
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 July 2017
Work was of vacation work nature. A lot was learned and supervisors
were always helpful. The work culture is good and everyone gets their work done in the required time.
Receptionist -admin (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 May 2017
The company was taking care of their staff including long hours
overtime and lunch .The company take their for training or course.Team was included.It was a big company to work for it was all of the world.salaries,bonuses and medical aid was included
Pros
Functions
Cons
Part time
Fun Work place and Productive
Senior Material Technician (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape, Grahamstown21 April 2017
I am a disciplined person who is always committed and dedicated to the tasks I undertake. I have good leadership and communication skills which I learned from working with different teams in different levels in the work place. I work well with a team and on my own without any supervision. I am able to perform in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines. I believe in building my character based on integrity, trust and professionalism.
Pros
team buildings
Cons
Bad weather
Good health department
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  South Africa10 January 2017
Mott MaCDonald Health is a good environment for development practitioners. It exposes you to a lot of different projects.
There are good project management systems and ethics.
very productive, team player
senior draughtsperson (structural) (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape10 January 2017
last year January 2016, I was appointed to do some raft design
of low housing in chatty 1060 (number of the 1060 units). they were 4 different houses. My line Manager gave me the responsibility of the job from the Design of the work in office up to the inspection of reinforcement steel on site, which was a very challenging work, as to all 23 Small SME constructors were unable to prepare reinforcement. but I showed them how to fix reinforcement steel, and how to read drawings. eventually I was appointed as clerk of works/ inspector of the project, that includes of inspection of the complete work from the raft foundation up to the completion of the house. During this project I learned how to handle contractors especially during our weekly technical meetings , and advising beneficiaries, presenting progress of the work on site to the client, challenges meet on site i.e ( missing connections of drainage, bursting of water pipes etc).
My co-workers were impressed with the work I did, and am profound of the it, I manage to supervise project and complete it within the speculated time.
Pros
free cofee, braai
Cons
Draugting in costruction of bridges
Structural/Civil Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal14 November 2016
work from 7h30 - 16h00.
Learned to produce structural drawings for bridges etc.
Co-workers were pleasant.
Stimulating and challenging.
Large company with lots of challenges
Pros
large company with alot to learn
Cons
sometimes too many people
Good work place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 September 2016
Pros
-great people
-great work environment

Cons
-large corporation where decisions are made outside of local offices
Challenging and interesting place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 May 2016
Great friendly environment with supportive colleagues. Generally have interesting and challenging work. Access to international experts from around the world who work for the company.
Pros
friendly environment and great supportive colleagues, good working hours
Cons
Very little benefits, below market pay
Working under extreem pressure
Based in Durban and acting as Owners Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2016
Working under extreme pressure with little or no support, Paid in local currency with the rand falling against all international currencies with no adjustment.
Pros
Cons
extreem pressure
always busy to keep production going
quality control clerk (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga9 May 2016
I did enjoyed working with them ,getting to know different things each and everyday .I've how to keep myself pro active on a daily basis .and we have a good communication with my co-workers .the hardest part of the job is where by I have a deadline especially when I had to send some inspection to the various department .I 've enjoy more especially when we get bonuses according to your job performance .
Good learning
Design Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 April 2016
Mott MacDonald is an international organisation and I have learnt a lot with in this organisation, but would like to move closer to my country of origin.
Very Difficult Environment
Chief Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 February 2016
The project was in a extremely poor state and impossible to recover. The project team had a very low moral. Leadership was non existent.
Pros
Cons
High Taxation and Violant culture
A very Dianamic Firm to work for
Engineer Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 January 2016
Supervision and quality control on a daily basis.
Compiling of snag lists. Issuing of Site Instruction as required. Verify Change Requests and add approved ones by Project Manager, as Variation Orders to the Monthly Payment Certificates. Technical meetings with Contractor.
Acquired a vast number of experience in a large number of civil construction.
The guidance of the management is of a reputable quality.
The co-workers are pleasant and highly skilled.
Sometimes, due to work load it is difficult to submit chores in time and late hours are then required.
Job satisfaction
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
To visit Head Quarters travelling from rural areas and then through city trafic
An excellent company to work for
Admin Craft Basin - Port of Ngquara - Transnet (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 November 2015
It is a very driven company in terms of deliverables etc. Also a good place to grow your knowledge and skills. Company management focused on profit but also accept their legal responsibilities. Best perks of the job was the travelling around Africa and to the UK.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Long hours of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9