Mr. Price Group Employee Reviews

Passionate partners , fun, family
Area manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape7 February 2019
Mr Price is in my view a world class leader in innovation, people development, home grown management and get behind their workforce with drivers such as Believe, passionate partners, Development, and a culture of Greatness by going the extra mile.. energetic
Pros
Own planning, empowerment and support
Cons
Long hours ( but satisfying)
Harsh environment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 December 2018
The staff members were mean to contract employees and most of them were lazy and stuffing contracted employees with lot of work. The management was only concerned with perfection but not the good working environment of the employees.
Pros
Short distance to workplace
Cons
Less wage, more work
productive and hardworking environment
mechendiser (Former Employee) –  nelspruit riverside2 May 2018
customers refuse to be comply with the rules of the shop.
ive learnt to take it easy with customers understand them according to their thinking.management sometimes they cut off our hours we worked for in payments without notifying us.

mr price is for hard working people.enjoying the job wont make u feel frustrated and you will understand the customers.the hardest part is when clients drop off clothes on the floor.when getting paid we most enjoy working
Pros
insentives
4,0
Freedom and exposure to different cultured people
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 April 2018
I would come to work everyday with a smile due to friendly staff and customers, this job helped me to be out going and out spoken especially when interacting with clients and peers. Overall this was a great environment.
Pros
Vibrant colleagues
Cons
difficult clients
Dipuo mangoale store associates at tzaneen 186
store associates (Current Employee) –  Limpopo tzaneen2 February 2018
I love working at mr price and our manager wow soo friendly even though we don't get paid enough and we work soo hard but kind of like love it mr price
Pros
staff discount
Hard worker
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Western Cape31 January 2018
I've learn a lot of working with customers and colleagues and its all in all an experience, I can do push to a limit where I resolve difficult situations
productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 November 2017
Working at Mr price group taught me a good behaviour within work environment and also to be punctual. I really loved my job. I understand that a person can have challenges in a work place but that has never made me not do my job. I was always ready for work until I got sick and couldn't come over any longer.
Selling clothes
cashier (Former Employee) –  KwazuluNatal,Pietermariztburg Midlands Mall15 April 2017
Mr Price Group was nice working there but sometimes it was difficult because we usually work for long hours without being paid.The staff was very friendly and we deliverd an excellent service toward customers.
Pros
The was no free lunch
Cons
We usually worked long hours during holidays
energetic and healthy mind
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  johannesburg ,sandton city15 April 2017
starting at 7am daily finishing at 9pm due to making sure standard are maintained and ready for trade the following day.perseverence is the mother of them all. fear of loss was used by top management to get results, culture was good. the hardest thing was leaving a 3 month at 6 am at crèche and going to fetch her at 9:30 pm and I was breastfeeding. I enjoyed because I was fresh from varsity and that was my first better paying job at age 25th and that was my wish to get at senior level at the age.
4,0
Productive and great team worki really
Store associte (Former Employee) –  Limpopo burgersfort1 April 2017
I really liked working at Mr price group the manager is not rude and the workers are friends I will be really glad if I can get an opportunity to work
Pros
Free breakfast
2,0
proctuctive and fun to work
cashier and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng31 March 2017
Safety working place
Clean environment
It needs people with lot of energy since there's lot of job to do
Needs people who have smile,friendly and fun.
Pros
free transport when closing late
growth in the company
associate (Former Employee) –  gauteng22 March 2017
Its a really nice company to work in,you grow in it,you learn alot from packing garmets to merchandising garmets nd learning admin.when you work in the stock room you get to learn alot of things.They call the stock room the engin of the company because that is wher everything starts.you reiceve the stock you consolidate them and they go into the stock room before they can be unpacked at the floor for customers to purchase.
productive
department controler and VM (Former Employee) –  western cape,parow,sanlam centre15 March 2017
The mr price group is a great place to work aspecialy when you have just started working.
The hours is long but if u realy want to learner you always prepared for it.
I like to mergandise,i dont realy care how long i work as long as am getting payed and respected.
Pros
free lunches
2,0
Productive but not very proffessional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape town , western cape, long beach mall24 February 2017
Pleasant working environment, but management is very unprofessional. Due to managements lack of professionalism my contract could not be extended.
Pros
Short working hours.
Cons
Lack of security.
a Busy day at work
store associate (Former Employee) –  Brackenfell, Western Cape21 February 2017
This is your normal everyday retail, communicating with customers, working with money, make sure your promotions is highlighted. Working together as a team to achieve monthly target.
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Friendly staff to work with.
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 February 2017
Started at 8am til 5pm everyday, worked in the stockroom receiving, opening and checking of stock. Raising queries if stock does not balance. Sorting of paper work. Maintaining a clean and well organized stockroom.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Working weekends
exciting work experience
sales person (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng7 February 2017
I've worked as a sales person and so much experience and knowledge on the field. i was capturing, stock counting . I work well excellently with people
Pros
1 hour
Cons
10 hours
Customer service
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sontonga mall. Katlehong28 January 2017
Working with diverse people. Good customer service. The most enjoyable part is being able to put a smile on customers. I've learned to work hard for long hours. The hardest part is not having enough time for the family
Pros
Staff discount
5,0
fun work place and flexibility
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  pretoria25 January 2017
It was fun and learning at the same time ,it was like my second home easy to adjust with others and get on very well in it healthy and secure environment. Easy to work , working in teams and helping each other on a daily basis and the management team was very supportive and accommodative.
we all work as a team
csshier (Former Employee) –  gauteng24 January 2017
I have been with Mr rice for two years and the experience I had there was very amazing as they helped me to Improve my skills and as well the amazing team I was working with I was very much dedicated to my work as I am a hard worker
Pros
yes at times they would offer us free lunch
Cons
overtime is voluntary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Price Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,6